• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Las Vegas Challenge

Geez these guy are slaughtering this course... If one of the top guys doesn't shoot -15 or better I would be surprised...

Is this particular course soft compared to the courses from prior years? The scores today are ridiculous when compared with last year (https://udisclive.com/live/lvc2018/1?t=scores&d=MPO).

The course for R1 is the same. But last year, the conditions became outrageously windy by the time the top players teed off. Hence how two 990-rated guys ended up on lead card after the first round.

I thought it wasn't that windy today?

It looks like GG put one in the circle on the same hole for eagle as well.

Hole in question can be seen in last year's coverage: https://youtu.be/IbA9O2Zu_E8?t=328 - start at 5m28s if the link doesn't take you there. Nate Sexton says in the commentary that he doesn't buy the 621 listed distance, and feels it's closer to about 550.

Last edited:
AB -15 and there are several with a chance to better that...

Nick Newton -11 t13
Anthon -11 t13
Shotwell -8 t9
Calvin 7for 7
Simon -5 t6
Philo -5 t6

Paul, Ricky and Eagle are all -3 t5

Barry bogeys the 18th to shoot-12...

Course must be tough.:\ Weema kept it under 100...and still didn't shoot his rating

Last edited:
-7 sitting at 1001 atm... I can just picture Steve pulling his hair out right about now...:p;)

Looks like Paul got hoodoo'd. 3 pars after I mentioned him, lol...

Last edited:
-7 sitting at 1001 atm... I can just picture Steve pulling his hair out right about now...:p;)...

Or, maybe I'm jumping onto the par inflation good-times feel-good happy-happy look-at-my-course's-big-par bandwagon.

Even par is 933? Heck, I might be able to pull that off on a good day. (Especially since all the OB is out of reach of my drives.) To think an MA60 who finishes in the last half at most events could hope for par at an NT? Life is wonderful.

This event should apparently be renamed the Deuce-Or-Die Challenge

Strange that a 7200 foot course could be considered deuce-or-die, but for players of this caliber and on a course devoid of obstacles and foliage, it definitely is.

I get that it's a necessary course for the am side of the event, but this course does not strike me as one that is appropriate for an NT. Guess it's good they're only playing it once.