• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Updates Gender Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a bar argument with sides as Fox News makes everything out to be. It's recognizing the complexities of gender based on scientific, psychological, and social research.

Complexities of gender?!?!? Really?!?! That is truly laughable.

It's about creating a more just society for more persons.

Yet you have no problem with the injustice of women being forced to compete in a women's section against men who expect us to accept them as 'women' just because they say so.

The table at which decisions about gender definitions in relation to social contexts including sporting competitions are and will be made has many seats, but "$&@# this, my Truth is unalienable," does not qualify one for a seat. And you're not owed an apology for that reality.

I haven't asked for an apology, nor do I expect one. But I'm going to continue to push back against your attempt to fuzzy the lines and obscure the truth with politically correct garbage.

How is it not true?!?!?! And sometimes the 'simple' answer is the right answer. You're just trying to make the lines fuzzy to obscure the truth.

From Wikipedia (I also recall this from textbooks, and I'm sure there are other corroborating sources):

Defective Y chromosome
This results in the person presenting a female phenotype (i.e., is born with female-like genitalia) even though that person possesses an XY karyotype.

giphy.gif

Complexities of gender?!?!? Really?!?! That is truly laughable.

Yet you have no problem with the injustice of women being forced to compete in a women's section against men who expect us to accept them as 'women' just because they say so.

I haven't asked for an apology, nor do I expect one. But I'm going to continue to push back against your attempt to fuzzy the lines and obscure the truth with politically correct garbage.

I actually find your need to look out for what's best for women to align strongly with the worldview you've professed.

I wouldn't even rank the injustice you've listed on my list of injustices meriting actual concern.

Are you really saying that I am going to have to go cite research that proves human females are XX chromosomed and males are XY chromosomes?!?!? Really?!!!

Also:

XX male syndrome, also known as De la Chapelle syndrome, is a rare congenital intersex condition where an individual with a female genotype has phenotypically male characteristics that can vary among cases.[2]

Rather than accept a position you disagree with, I guess I'd rather you do some genuine reflecting on why you hold the position you hold, why you are so upset about it, and why you feel so entrenched.

In other words, you're telling me what to do. I already know why I hold the position I hold, and don't need to follow your orders to 'reflect' on anything. Why don't YOU reflect on YOUR incorrect position instead.

It's uncomfortable, but, ultimately, I like learning new things about subjects and changing my views when appropriate. So when other people show the ability to do that, I find that admirable. I wouldn't expect you to jump from one side to the other on this issue, willy nilly, but it'd be nice if you could open yourself up to the idea that you might have more to learn on this subject, or that your position could become at least a little more nuanced.

In other words, the mantra of the Left: "Keep an open mind." My mind can be open to reason, but my brains will not be allowed to fall out by being indundated with Leftist politically correct garbage that I fully reject.

And, genuinely, I'm sorry I implied you are a bot or a troll. I know you're just a regular person in an internet debate, and it's easy to get way more heated than you would be if we were speaking in person over a beer or whatever.

I'd be saying the exact same things to your face that i'm saying here.

And I hate to keep coming back to the mutilation thing, but you never walked that back, SD, and I'd like to give you another chance. You never know who you're interacting with, especially on a computer. Maybe someone in this tread is transgender. Maybe I am. You really don't know. I doubt you would say that to a person face-to-face after they explained to you that it is at the very least insensitive and hurtful. I don't mean that in a tough-guy sense. I mean, as a human, I bet you actually do care about people's feelings. So I guess I thought I'd just bring this up once more.

Give me all the 'chances' you want. I am not going to walk it back, I stand by it, and I repeated it a couple of times to bring home the point that I'm not going to walk it back. Hold your breath waiting for me to walk it back. And yes, I would say that to your (or anyone else's) face just as soon as I'm posting it here.

In other words, you're telling me what to do. I already know why I hold the position I hold, and don't need to follow your orders to 'reflect' on anything. Why don't YOU reflect on YOUR incorrect position instead.

In other words, the mantra of the Left: "Keep an open mind." My mind can be open to reason, but my brains will not be allowed to fall out by being indundated with Leftist politically correct garbage that I fully reject.

I'd be saying the exact same things to your face that i'm saying here.

SD, I'm a bad communicator sometimes, so thanks for bearing with me. I was trying to tell you, I guess, what I'd like to see you do, or would hope you would do, rather than demand or order that you do that. I'm just a person, trying to have a conversation, and failing.

Give me all the 'chances' you want. I am not going to walk it back, I stand by it, and I repeated it a couple of times to bring home the point that I'm not going to walk it back. Hold your breath waiting for me to walk it back. And yes, I would say that to your (or anyone else's) face just as soon as I'm posting it here.

All right. Well, I guess it was worth a shot.

From Wikipedia (I also recall this from textbooks, and I'm sure there are other corroborating sources):

Defective Y chromosome
This results in the person presenting a female phenotype (i.e., is born with female-like genitalia) even though that person possesses an XY karyotype.

Also:

XX male syndrome, also known as De la Chapelle syndrome, is a rare congenital intersex condition where an individual with a female genotype has phenotypically male characteristics that can vary among cases.[2]

Oh good grief. Nitpick and cherrypick rare examples all you want, but that does not in any way refute my base assertion, nor my solution to the problem (perceived or real) of men saying they are women competing in women's events.

In other words, I am to accept your side of the argument without question, or else. The typical Leftist position.

To hell with that.
That is hardly a problem confined to the "left"... Just ask anybody called a baby killer because they don't think its their business to tell someone else what to do with their bodies. Or someone that's been accused of antisemitism because they don't think Israel should be doing some of the things they do...

This...

SD, I'm a bad communicator sometimes, so thanks for bearing with me. I was trying to tell you, I guess, what I'd like to see you do, or would hope you would do, rather than demand or order that you do that. I'm just a person, trying to have a conversation, and failing.

And for you to tell me what to do and what to think (though worded as 'reflect') was not only an insult, but a typically Leftist tactic against Conservatives that must be pushed back against as the disingenuous and dishonest attack insult and attack that it really is.

And I hate to keep coming back to the mutilation thing, but you never walked that back, SD, and I'd like to give you another chance. You never know who you're interacting with, especially on a computer. Maybe someone in this tread is transgender.

More than one. I'm not saying who. I'm using the sort of understatement that calls the sun "hot" or an Apollo Saturn V moon rocket "big" when I say they are not amused.

You must allow everyone the right to exist in accordance with the character he has, whatever it turns out to be: and all you should strive to do is to make use of this character in such a way as its kind of nature permits, rather than to hope for any alteration in it, or to condemn it offhand for what it is. This is the true sense of the maxim-Live and let live.... To become indignant at [people's] conduct is as foolish as to be angry with a stone because it rolls into your path. And with many people the wisest thing you can do, is to resolve to make use of those whom you cannot alter.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Your patience and humility in this thread is, frankly, amazing.
You made a valiant effort.

And for you to tell me what to do and what to think (though worded as 'reflect') was not only an insult, but a typically Leftist tactic against Conservatives that must be pushed back against as the disingenuous and dishonest attack insult and attack that it really is.
Is that what you think happened? I saw what appeared to be someone trying to meet you half-way with a little humility and your reply reads like you're not ready to stop attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts