• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

No.

They seem to have more!

When I filmed at Renny yesterday I had some of my longest drives on a few holes. I think at lighter weights at least I can get them further than my 170-175 Quasars, despite the rim being more narrow.

I'll get that video up soon. Might film a few holes at Winthrop with them too.

I was determined to wait till Axiom came out with Fission 21.5's, but you're making me want these now.

I was determined to wait till Axiom came out with Fission 21.5's, but you're making me want these now.

For all we know, Axiom may not have 21.5's until next year. You want the Photon now. :D

(After throwing the Photon I get goosebumps when thinking about the Wave and Orbital. :eek: )

Yeah, I'm most excited about the Wave, considering the Inertia/Insanity have been my longest discs currently. Since I just got the Wrath and Insanity though, I can be patient for a little while. Maybe not a year, but at least for the Wave.

I love spending hours filming and editing a video so I can't upload it because my computer says **** you.

No ETA on the video now. Gonna go take out my anger on deadlifts. **** this.

Whatever. Come back and everything works fine. Guess sometimes you just need to pump some iron and let technology sort itself out.

Had my longest throw ever with the Photon today. Or at least longest on one hole. I don't know the exact length but it's a big open shot that plays up a slight hill making it deceptively longer. My buddy I played with noticed right off the bat that it was the longest I've ever thrown on that hole, and he was right.

Here's the thing if you're a noodle arm: Induce a little OAT on this thing with a forced anny and it bombs.

It also bombs for those with bigger arms (see Mike C, duh) and is just super fast out of the hand. It's gonna be a hit.

Had my longest throw ever with the Photon today. Or at least longest on one hole. I don't know the exact length but it's a big open shot that plays up a slight hill making it deceptively longer. My buddy I played with noticed right off the bat that it was the longest I've ever thrown on that hole, and he was right.

Here's the thing if you're a noodle arm: Induce a little OAT on this thing with a forced anny and it bombs.

It also bombs for those with bigger arms (see Mike C, duh) and is just super fast out of the hand. It's gonna be a hit.

Ya might be better off with the Wave, where OAT or forced anny isn't needed. I have a feeling the Wave is going to be the big hit in this new class of MVP drivers.

Ya might be better off with the Wave, where OAT or forced anny isn't needed. I have a feeling the Wave is going to be the big hit in this new class of MVP drivers.

No doubt. The Wave is what I am looking forward to the most, as I'm hoping it'll fit my normal throwing style. But I know there are people who are going to want to throw this thing because it's new, and if they don't have big arms the anny route can at least mimic that a bit.

That's what I'm talking about. :hfive:

:thmbup:

I will say this: Like most high speed stuff, I'm inconsistent at best with the Photon so far. For every big throw I've had, there have been others that have fallen out of the sky earlier than I'd like. Such is life at low power. Still fun to throw.

No doubt. The Wave is what I am looking forward to the most, as I'm hoping it'll fit my normal throwing style. But I know there are people who are going to want to throw this thing because it's new, and if they don't have big arms the anny route can at least mimic that a bit.

:thmbup:

I will say this: Like most high speed stuff, I'm inconsistent at best with the Photon so far. For every big throw I've had, there have been others that have fallen out of the sky earlier than I'd like. Such is life at low power. Still fun to throw.

I'm waiting on the Wave too. And flex-anhyzers can be fun. Not so much on a course though.

I'm waiting on the Wave too. And flex-anhyzers can be fun. Not so much on a course though.

For sure. Works more for the wide open shots, but not as much for hitting lines. Although, being a lefty, flex lines work alright for me sometimes. Definitely need to make things turn a bit more.

Here's another small gripe: I really wish MVP was releasing this disc on its own, instead of on the same date as the Plasma Amp and the Fireball. I feel like a company's flagship distance driver should have a standalone release, personally. Just something I would do differently, but I am not making the money they have been, so I suppose that point is moot. :)

For sure. Works more for the wide open shots, but not as much for hitting lines. Although, being a lefty, flex lines work alright for me sometimes. Definitely need to make things turn a bit more.

Here's another small gripe: I really wish MVP was releasing this disc on its own, instead of on the same date as the Plasma Amp and the Fireball. I feel like a company's flagship distance driver should have a standalone release, personally. Just something I would do differently, but I am not making the money they have been, so I suppose that point is moot. :)

I could see more use for anhyzer flex drives if you're LHBH and dealing with a lot of R-L holes that are typical of most courses. It's just a tricky shot, with the disc's stability and also wind being a big factor. Don't turn it over enough and it flexes out early, turn it too much and your OB.

Are you talking about the Photon or Wave release?

I could see more use for anhyzer flex drives if you're LHBH and dealing with a lot of R-L holes that are typical of most courses. It's just a tricky shot, with the disc's stability and also wind being a big factor. Don't turn it over enough and it flexes out early, turn it too much and your OB.

Are you talking about the Photon or Wave release?

Exactly. The low speed stability is the tricky part on those shots, as I usually have less room to play the fade or need it to end left instead of right.

Talking about the Photon release. Feel like the first of the most-anticipated class of discs from this company shouldn't share its release with anything else. Maybe they'll give the Wave its own debut.