• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

really hoping these are as grippy add I've read too...

The Fission plastic here is almost like a rubbery skin. On the Volt, there's more of a matte feel, but on the Photon there's plenty of grip. I haven't felt enough plastic to say that's it's unique in disc golf, but it's definitely unique for me.

Yep, they could go more OS than the Tensor, more US than the Theory or Tangent. Other speeds, too. Plenty of room for continued growth.

obviously there are always going to be holes to fill but they are not bad at this point. I thought the other guy was asking for more axiom bc he didn't throw MVP.

I was wondering if there are people who only throw axiom, like it's an actual separate company.

I have a mostly Axiom only bag right now. It's not that I treat it like it's its own company, I mostly just like the brighter colors. I have a Volt, Vector, and Inertia that currently aren't in the bag as I test this set up. I thought I would miss the Volt most, but between the Crave and the Wrath, I really have those shots covered pretty well. I miss the Inertia more actually. What Axiom is really missing though is the Tensor equivalent.

put MVP in that bag

My bag only has room for 8 discs. I might switch the Insanity back out for the Inertia, but honestly, the only MVP disc I really would want I'm it right now is an OS mid. I haven't picked up a Tensor yet though and I really don't like the Vector.

I have a bigger bag that I carry every once in awhile that I carry all of my MVP/Axiom discs as well as a few other companies.

I really would like to see some comparison video against the main competitors.
Destroyer, D2, DD2, Nuke, Tresspass, etc.

Does it matter if they don't fly 450+?! lol. I can do a video tomorrow with a few discs. I have a nuke and JL tern and a few other random molds.

For those not on FB, here's a great vid and review of the Photon:

These are not kicking out my Outlaws. They are stealing a ton of their shots though. A Ton. I wouldn't be totally shocked if a few months from now I notice that my 12 Outlaws have gathered a lot more dust than I expected, because I already know for a fact these Photons wont have much time for that. They fly super long. They have that slight turn I'd hoped for out of the Tesla, they have that extra Gyro stability even in Fission, and still have a bunch of stability to fight headwinds. Crap I was throwing a 144-5 Fission Photon today 400' into a 20 mph headwind multiple times. This is just about everything I want in a distance driver. I just need to spend more time to get used to lighter weights in my hand, because they sure flew just fine in the air.

Thanks for the report. I'm officially excited.

Can you get the same kind of D you get from your Outlaw?

Thanks for the report. I'm officially excited.

Can you get the same kind of D you get from your Outlaw?

In the throws I've had so far they have kept the same D. I still need to spend a little more time with them, especially in a flat field instead of in elevation, but I think they're going to compete on distance with the Outlaws still, if not exceed them in certain situations. I should be able to spend a little time with them side by side tomorrow for a more thorough report.

I fully was prepared to be underwhelmed by these even while I expected to like them still. I set my expectations low after expecting something different out of the Tesla. That didn't end up being necessary. These things would have impressed me no matter where I set the bar. The only line I am unsure of so far is the BIG hyzer shot, but Ill know more about that one soon.

Seems like the big arms are not turning and burning this at 145 has anyone rocketed a 135 yet? The lighter they can get them and maintain their flight, the further they will go

They do turn a little bit but not nearly as much as expected and not heavily until I started grip locking them into headwinds after a few beers. I'll try some shots with them again today on level ground without the aid from beer. At that point yesterday they were holding a very nice slight right turn to stable finish all across the board between my 144 to 161.

Seems like the big arms are not turning and burning this at 145 has anyone rocketed a 135 yet? The lighter they can get them and maintain their flight, the further they will go

Today I plan on mashing the hell out of the lightest one I can find in my order. picked up a few min and max weights but nothing in the 150s.

My homie bought a 139g tourney stamp, I described it to him as Orion LF -like stability. He came back from the field and said "it's an LF". They handed it to a lady and she overdrove the hole. These guys had barely heard of MVP and they loved it. Gonna plan on testing mine today.

Latest posts