• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

Mayyyybe :) the 134g I threw today was pretty understable compared to the 166g which was like a different disc. Identical PLH but little more dome on light weight. Bombs with very little power its kind of crazy lol. The 166g is like a good stable destroyer or whatever your similar flavor might be. like it a lot!

I really would be curious to throw a regular neutron or proton of this disc. I like the flight but takes a little getting used to such a light driver at sub 150g and the stability difference is pretty drastic IMO from min to max.

I don't know why there aren't any top pros using MVP in tournaments because they are good discs, maybe MVP doesn't offer enough sponsorship for them to be willing to give up their other molds? Maybe the image of MVP in the eyes of pros is holding it back? Or maybe the GYRO really IS such a huge disc flight changer that the pros cant adopt to it like they can ANY other manufacture that makes non-GYRO discs?

Some disc companies have been staples since this generation of DGers were kids, many newer companies have been start-ups by pros or for pros.

MVP was built by two college bros with a family background in plastics. It seems to me they are having fun and being successful doing exactly what they are interested in. We are the benefactors. Enjoy the exclusivity while we have it, we know the arrows are good. Once the line-up is fleshed out to the top and if the bros want to support touring pros, I'm sure there would many pros willing to accept the sponsorship.

Regarding Photon - anyone try these on pure distance lines to see how they stack up against a blizzard boss, for example?

Mayyyybe :) the 134g I threw today was pretty understable compared to the 166g which was like a different disc. Identical PLH but little more dome on light weight. Bombs with very little power its kind of crazy lol. The 166g is like a good stable destroyer or whatever your similar flavor might be. like it a lot!

I'm liking the sound of this...as long as the dome isn't crazy, like the blizz Boss I got once in a player's pack that looked like a half-popped Jiffy-Pop popcorn.

Sounds like this one mold may cover what I need in that slot, especially when the non-Fiss ones drop.

Yeah just a normal dome on the 134g others are flat. I wonder if that is messing with the HSS more so vs the weight. Its so damn easy to throw far tho few beginners at the course threw the light weight and all of them commented on how far it went. The max weight flew very OS for them at 200ish power. it also skipped more than i expected.

Less HSS but more LSS and obviously faster. It still fades out the high speed turn is pretty significant and early tho.

Man, super irritated my shop only ordered 160+ just like they did with the fission volts. Well went in to feel up the new discs and this is the thinnest flight plate I've ever felt. Scared me a bit playing around with just the plate but is comfortable when holding it in a power grip.

Yeah it suprised the hell out of me. Went to throw a big hyzer first throw and it flipped up and over way off line but 450 out there lol. The max weight flew as expected.

anything lower than 150 just gives me trouble. I'm not used to discs that light and I always have strange release problems.

I think people with big arms try to throw them to hard. If you throw ultra light discs at the same force you throw a max weight disc its gonna turnover, because its coming out of your hand faster. Save the full force rip with a 145g disc for a tailwind, or back off of it a touch and throw it at 75-80%. Or air it out more than you normally would(notice how high mike was throwing them?)....

I think people with big arms try to throw them to hard. If you throw ultra light discs at the same force you throw a max weight disc its gonna turnover, because its coming out of your hand faster. Save the full force rip with a 145g disc for a tailwind, or back off of it a touch and throw it at 75-80%. Or air it out more than you normally would(notice how high mike was throwing them?)....

pretty much

I don't have a big arm but I know I could get used to really light discs if I took the time. Just don't need another disc in the bag. Probably go 150 or higher on these.

Got my shipping confirmation from Community Discs - Photons will be en route tomorrow! Woo hoo!