• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

jnecessary said:
mzuleger said:
marmoset said:
Finally!
Black TP Cyclone, $5.
Only light wear that looks like heavy storage marks.

I got one of these a couple months ago... they're pretty sweet.

Discraft must have a ton of old misprint TP cyclones cause whenever the PIAS around here gets an order in there are plenty to be had (and no one buys them because they aren't a speed 27 disc like the boss).
Are the TP ones the ones with the chalky residue on bottom?
yep

Just scored a champ TL for $4.50 ... I think it might actually be a CE TL (it looks and feels like CE, and has a 2004 tourney stamp so it's in that time frame).

Also got a nice older dx Roc and an SOLF for $4.50 each... not bad.

my best find yet

8+/10 CE Leo 174g
$4.99

Few scuffs and stamp has faded(can still see the outline of the stamp).

Used x-out KC Roc of some kind (looks like 10x, judging from the blunt nose...If my understanding of 10x Rocs is correct): $4.99

Brand new SOLF sitting in the "used" bin: $9.99

The PIAS in Carrollton had several brand new "used" SOLFs and SOLSs a few days ago, if anyone's interested.

let's see if i can remember them all:

Z X2 7.99
almost new esp XL 9.99 (okay maybe not that great but i love that disc)
SOLF 5.99 i think
SPD xmas stamp 9.99
ESP impact ACE RACE edition 6.99
ESP Surge 7.99

actually any time i hit the used bin i feel like it's a great find......i just have to keep myself from buying $50-60 worth each time......man i have a problem

I wouldn't doubt that

I can't imagine that in certain areas their business is not doing well

However I doubt the ones in Austin will be closing so it doesn't bother me :D

From what I heard it was the whole chain sort of thing closing like what just happened with Circuit City and other businesses. I know our circuit city was doing fine around here but that didn't stop it from getting closed too.

Cool, maybe they will lower their plastic prices to almost retail for the Going out of business sale :lol:

Jesse B 707 said:
Cool, maybe they will lower their plastic prices to almost retail for the Going out of business sale :lol:

that would be true for the one in Cary, NC.....those guys are the rapists

oh yeah i forgot i found a black TP cyclone there too.....but it was 6.99....

keltik said:
let's see if i can remember them all:

Z X2 7.99
almost new esp XL 9.99 (okay maybe not that great but i love that disc)
SOLF 5.99 i think
SPD xmas stamp 9.99
ESP impact ACE RACE edition 6.99
ESP Surge 7.99

actually any time i hit the used bin i feel like it's a great find......i just have to keep myself from buying $50-60 worth each time......man i have a problem

You suck.

keltik said:
Jesse B 707 said:

that would be true for the one in Cary, NC.....those guys are the rapists

oh yeah i forgot i found a black TP cyclone there too.....but it was 6.99....

Our PIAS are always feast or famine and it seems like every time I go to one, it's always famine.

2) 11x KC Pro Rocs, beat to straight, stamp removed, 175 and 177
1) DX T-bird, 7.5/10, 172
1) Tourney Pro Comet, Tourney Stamp, 8/10, 174
1) DX Leopard, Swirly blue and white, 8/10, 150

28.00 dollars

I never find anything good at the PIAS here in the Fort Worth area, but it sounds like I need to make the trek up to Carrolton to find some sweet goodies!! Good thing I will be moving back to Des Moines soon, Blurrrr you're going to have some competition on your hands for the used bin! :evil:

This find wasn't from PIAS but a guy I met on the course last month wanting to get rid of some of his old plastic:

1 - CE Firebird 9/10
3 - 11x KC Pro Teebirds 8/10
1 - Champ Cobra - 9/10
1 - 9x KC Pro Eagle 7/10
2 - old mold Pro Line Beasts 9/10
1 - QJLS - 9/10
2 - Champ Starfire - 8/10
1 - 1st run Crush - 9/10
1 - DX Classic Roc 8/10
And a few random Discraft discs I can't remember because I don't throw Discraft

Most of them are inked, but a total of 16 discs for, get this......$50! I was about to crap my pants when he told me he wanted $50 for it all. He told me he hadn't played much over the last 4 or 5 years so I don't think he knew most of those discs are highly valuable now. Sweet find eh? 8)

Not PIAS but a lake diver was at Cliff yesterday and asked if I wanted to buy any of the discs he had just pulled out. Bought a 10x (candy) KC Pro Eagle for $3. Threw a couple of awesome forehand rollers with it afterwards, it just went on forever.

Found a CFR destroyer in some weeds while playing. Flies nice too.

Last weekend I pulled two star wraiths, two bosses, three orcs, two beasts and a few other goodies out of a lake.

Latest posts