• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Don't expect to get much for it. The ones on ebay are stupidly overr priced. Is it red shiny plastic?

dgdave said:
Don't expect to get much for it. The ones on ebay are stupidly overr priced. Is it red shiny plastic?

Just went out and bought it. It's black with a purple grid background, and a gold stamp.
"Professional Distance Sportdisc" :lol: The thing is a fingerprint magnet, lots of prints on the back.
...and it's got "misprint" stamped on the back! Can't figure out why, the stamp is good, and the disc has not been thrown- no marks, dents, etc...
Oh well, not bad for $8, I think it's cool just to have a little piece of history.

Also bought the pink disc: has "discraft" in big letters on the top, with a funky triangle as the background. "Vortex Lite- High Tech Golf Disc" is under the discraft stamp. Hasn't been thrown, 10/10 for sure. Hot pink ain't my color, but it's a groovy looking disc.

I usually don't buy discs I'm not going to throw, but these are kind of cool. And cheap. :D

From the lake last weekend: Yellow 10X KC pro teebird in CE plastic in very good condition. Also a minty 1st run champ groove.

i wish there was morons near me who would trade in a disc like a Champ Whippet for 4 bucks :lol: my PIAS never has any used treasures :(

The two PIAS around here that I know carry discs have very little used stuff. I don't frequent them but I doubt there's a lot of used discs that get traded in, I've only seen one in each store. They do have a crapload of Champ and Star X-outs though for pretty reasonable prices, $10 for Champ and $13 for Star.

ZoneDriven X-Out 2005 USDGC Champ Rancho Roc 178g 9.9/10 (all the stickers still on it, no discernible marks whatsoever) . . .

$9.99.

maks said:
mikesolt said:
gratefuldisc said:
I hate this thread

x4
me too.

one day ill find a pias and hopefully get some treasure out of it. :(

The coolest thing I found at the PIAS (literally 1 minute from my house) was a 177 beat flattop Roc. I bought it and took the price tag off... someone's name was under the price tag. I gave it back to the dude.

I hate this thread too. We have a PIAS but they don't really have any used discs per se (I've seen like two or three total there). I want to score a sweet find too...

snagged a nice beat 11x Roc at disc nation yesterday. sorry ZAMSON haha :D

i hit chains/basket off the tee 3 times at Zilker this morning with that Roc. I couldn't believe that none of them went it. really falling in love with those stiff 11x rocs. amazing disc

So...I take a stack of used discs into PIAS today to sell. While the guy is adding up my total, I thumb through the used rack. I see two Z-Buzzz's from the 2004 Worlds sitting on the rack that are kind of pearly looking...I think to myself...those look like 1st run Z-Buzzz's. So I pick them up and flip them over...sure enough WASP on the inner rim. So I bought the 177g one but had to leave the other one there(174g) as I only had $6 on me. So I compared it to my 1st run that is in the closet and it looks identical. So...I'm guessing that I picked up a 1st run for $5.99. If not...then I still got a good Buzzz for $5.99...either way it's all good.

Latest posts