• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

BLURR said:
So...I take a stack of used discs into PIAS today to sell. While the guy is adding up my total, I thumb through the used rack. I see two Z-Buzzz's from the 2004 Worlds sitting on the rack that are kind of pearly looking...I think to myself...those look like 1st run Z-Buzzz's. So I pick them up and flip them over...sure enough WASP on the inner rim. So I bought the 177g one but had to leave the other one there(174g) as I only had $6 on me. So I compared it to my 1st run that is in the closet and it looks identical. So...I'm guessing that I picked up a 1st run for $5.99. If not...then I still got a good Buzzz for $5.99...either way it's all good.

I hate this thread. I didn't think PIAS even existed around me. I've never seen one. That post just made me search and there are apparently a few stores 30 miles away with no courses nearby. I hate this thread. Doubtful that anyone is bringing in found discs but maybe...just maybe...some older veteran sold all of his and they've been sitting there for years. Now I'm going to drive 30 miles on a whim and a prayer that I find a gem like that. I hate this thread.

TheTyrant said:
I hate this thread. I didn't think PIAS even existed around me. I've never seen one. That post just made me search and there are apparently a few stores 30 miles away with no courses nearby. I hate this thread. Doubtful that anyone is bringing in found discs but maybe...just maybe...some older veteran sold all of his and they've been sitting there for years. Now I'm going to drive 30 miles on a whim and a prayer that I find a gem like that. I hate this thread.

Why don't you call them first and find out if they have any discs?

5 years ago I played my first round and somebody told me to go to PIAS to get a putter. I went down and they literally had hundreds of used discs. In every kind of plastic imaginable. I put an entire bag together for 20$. I went back a month later and they had 2 used discs and it's been the same ever since. They had killer deals as well. They gave you a free mini which was also a coupon good for $1 off every total disc purchase.

11x KC Gazelle 9/10 $6
11x KC Roc $$$/10 $6
2 Pro Line(champ) Leopards 8/10 $7 each
2 DX Rocs $6 each and at that $$$/10 Stage

I avoided PIAS for about 3 weeks. I would say I choose a good day to go back on

Took a ride down to PIAS today...

Found a MONEY 170ish beat Shark, I have lost both of my best Rocs in the past year and this should really hold me over, hit metal on 2 holes my first round with it.

Picked up one of those X Comets with the really nasty chalky shit all over the bottom, they had 2 for 7.50 each, it flies great as well. Seems so crazy to be using a Shark, Comet, Roc in that order for stability purposes but I just don't have the Rocs to keep it one mold right now.

I also found a big bird (pretty sure) 150 class Roc that looks to be beat in quite nicely. It will be up for trade once I take the time to make a new list.

Not bad for $15

New 177g San Marino Shark (with Worlds Biggest stamp) - $7.99
New 171g Glow DX Gazelle (with 98 SN Pro Champ stamp) - $7.99
Perfectly beat 180g DX Rancho Roc - $4.99

I have officially lost all hope in the location near me. DX plastic has been bumped up to 10 dollars and the only used disc I found today was a busted ass DX Eagle for 7.99 :x

not a PIAS, but I just scored a brand new 175 opaque red 11x TeeBird at SportsChalet for 4.99 after the coupon that they sent me in the mail. They had one other TeeBird in their limited selection and it was a 12x.

Does anybody else have a PIAS that has punchcards?? Buy 10 discs get one free.................I don't know how much they give on used discs, but I'm about ready to head up with a ton of used stuff to swap for new Latitude plastic!!!!!!!!!!

The one here in DSM has punch cards. Every 10th disc is free. Hell...you can go in and buy 10 used disc's and get a brand new one free.

BLURR said:
The one here in DSM has punch cards. Every 10th disc is free. Hell...you can go in and buy 10 used disc's and get a brand new one free.

Funny you should mention that. I got my 10th punch today when I bought a 175g SS Wizard. for my free idsc, they hooked me up with an orange 178g Z Buzzz!!! 8) 8) 8)

marmoset said:
Finally!
Black TP Cyclone, $5.
Only light wear that looks like heavy storage marks.

I got one of these a couple months ago... they're pretty sweet.

Discraft must have a ton of old misprint TP cyclones cause whenever the PIAS around here gets an order in there are plenty to be had (and no one buys them because they aren't a speed 27 disc like the boss).

mzuleger said:
marmoset said:
Finally!
Black TP Cyclone, $5.
Only light wear that looks like heavy storage marks.

I got one of these a couple months ago... they're pretty sweet.

Discraft must have a ton of old misprint TP cyclones cause whenever the PIAS around here gets an order in there are plenty to be had (and no one buys them because they aren't a speed 27 disc like the boss).
Are the TP ones the ones with the chalky residue on bottom?