• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

i got a brand new '94 worlds disc for 4.99/. i think it's a discraft shadow

BLURR said:
Yeah...after 10 purchases, new or used, you get a free disc...ew or used.

I tend to buy a lot of their used stuff and then on my tenth...get something new :D

yeah that is freaking awesome as about 50% of my bag are used discs from PIAS. I usually buy a used disc about every friday(PAYDAY!)

pointdisc said:
Got a used (barely, 9/10) 11x Champ Firebird for $5 this weekend. Time for a new firechicken dye...

pd

Curse you, I can't find a cheap 11x FB to save my life right now. I miss mine oh so much.

Went to my local PIAS today, grabbed a naked roc for 8 bucks. But I met a pond scavanger and bought a 12x Teebird from him for $5. I haven't thrown a 12x yet(how are they?) but I love me some teebirds.

9x kc firebird beat 4/10
9x kc teebird beat 4/10
10x kc eagle beat 4/10
SE Maceman Leopard: bought only for trade bait....:D
11x KC Teebird 8/10: right into the bag
11x Champ Firebird 8/10: right into the bag

all for 30 bucks and change...the 9x's only cost me 2 bucks each which i figured was worth it for some beat up oldies.

so yeah todays hall was not at PIAS but at Disc Nation. I did not even know they sold used discs now, which is bad news for PIAS, because Disc Nation will now be where I stop. They had a wall of used discs. Tons of beat up eagles and gazelles(lots with full circle stamp) in case i lose some of mine. most of the old standard plastic is only 2-4 bucks, which is great when i need a beat dx disc for flippin.

My local PIAS never has used discs when I go there. I asked the guy if they ever get used discs and he said they do, but get snatched up right away. I bet it is one of you jerks taking all the good stuff. :x They do have a lot of X-outs that are perfect for dying though.

I play with a guy who got an Innova Tour Bag, and Phoenix Quad Straps for 29 bucks today. :shock:

10x kc pro eagle black $4.99. absolutely beautiful disc in terms of look and feel i just dont want to lose it

Somewhat surprised to walk into local PIAS and find several of the legendary opaque CE QMSs; had some gummies as well.

a few things i've found in the USED discs lately...

2 CE Q-Sents (9.5/10 uninked)
final-run CE TL (9.5/10 uninked)
9x Whippet and Banshee (thrashed and ugly, just curious)
2 CE QJs (1 was 9/10 uninked, the other 9/10 inked)

btw Austinites, Disc Nation has a fat wall of used plastic

Ted Damson said:
a few things i've found in the USED discs lately...

2 CE Q-Sents (9.5/10 uninked)
final-run CE TL (9.5/10 uninked)
9x Whippet and Banshee (thrashed and ugly, just curious)
2 CE QJs (1 was 9/10 uninked, the other 9/10 inked)

btw Austinites, Disc Nation has a fat wall of used plastic

that wall is putting a dent in my wallet as of late. can usually find some tasty plastic hiding in there. looks like you beat me to it this time :D

Found some weird stuff at PIAS today...

2 Discraft Marauders
Discraft Phantom
"Discraft Sports Disc" with "High Tech" or something underneath it... that's all it said, hot pink in an old plastic
Innova Polecat
1994 (or '95) Texas World Championship" stamped cyclone

I did buy a red comet ($10) with the chalky stuff on it- I assume it's elite pro whatever, plastic feels like Innova R-Pro; a first run voodoo that says "soft" but is actually stiff, and two old unused club stamped Discraft Cyclones (I think), one from 1990, another from 2003.

Also, ALOT of Quest stuff. I mean, ALOT. Almost bought a no-stamp Backbone (had "nike" written on a sticker on the back), never held one before, and I actually liked the grip, but it was 126g. Felt like I could have thrown it a mile.

Latest posts