• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

colombo117 said:
I just picked up some old cyclones, they both have that chalky plastic that stays on your fingers after you touch it, one is dated 1994, they both were 8 bucks, not too bad. They also had a Z Hawk hidden in the pile, which I believe is OOP.

The one by me has a couple misprint comets in that chalky plastic and I'm always tempted to get them but I'm not sure if I like the way that plastic feels.

mzuleger said:
The one by me has a couple misprint comets in that chalky plastic and I'm always tempted to get them but I'm not sure if I like the way that plastic feels.
if they are heavy i'll pay you for em

Jesse B 707 said:
mzuleger said:
if they are heavy i'll pay you for em

I'm not sure of the weights, I'll check it out and let you know.

There are a couple ron russell cyclones at the PIAS near me, does anyone know if these are any good or are they just typical pro-d cyclones?

mzuleger said:
There are a couple ron russell cyclones at the PIAS near me, does anyone know if these are any good or are they just typical pro-d cyclones?
I believe those are elite pro and quite sweet

Jesse B 707 said:
mzuleger said:
I believe those are elite pro and quite sweet

ah, that makes sense! They didn't feel too much like pro-d but I hadn't even considered that they could be elite pro... I love that plastic!

Just picked up a brand new z pred as a grade B :?:. I paid like 8 bucks for it. Also got a couple lightly used rocs which I can never turn down. One's black on top of that.

Stopped by the old PIAS today to trade in some disc's I don't throw anymore and what should I find but some tastey treats to trade for.

9.5 out of 10 Champion Xcaliber priced $5.99
9.9 out of 10 First Run Star Stamped Star XCaliber priced $4.99
8.5 out of 10 9x Teebird $3.99

BLURR said:
Stopped by the old PIAS today to trade in some disc's I don't throw anymore and what should I find but some tastey treats to trade for.

9.5 out of 10 Champion Xcaliber priced $5.99
9.9 out of 10 First Run Star Stamped Star XCaliber priced $4.99
8.5 out of 10 9x Teebird $3.99

i found a nice kc pro 11x red teebird the other day at PIAS. can usually find an eagle or teebird for around $5 just about other week. i love PIAS

I had the absolute greatest PIAS experience today. My friend and stopped by just because we had never been there before. We got to talking to another customer also looking at discs, We could tell he really didn't know what he was talking about but he said before we bought anything to come out to his car because he had discs for sale.

As it turns out he was a pond diver with a fresh catch and anything without a name/# was for sale. So this is what we walked away with...

2 dx leopards
dx skeeter
esp pulse-tye dye
2 champ beasts-tye dye
star beast
pro beast
pro destroyer
dx teerex
3 champ orcs
2 star orcs
dx aviar
dx cheetah
3 champ grooves-all 1st run stamp
champ monarch

That's 21 discs, all for.........

Are you ready for this???????????

$50

All we're at least 7/10, most were perfect and still had the barcode sticker on them. This particular course is in a college town so I see why so many wind up in the drink on a hole that"s '250 straight & open with the the first '100 or so over a sinkhole.

Anyone familiar with the area, it was in Murfreesboro TN @ Barfield Crescent Park & PIAS on Thompson Lane

nice, thats still probly 5 more bucks than PIAS would have given him :lol:

Fireface138 said:
I had the absolute greatest PIAS experience today. My friend and stopped by just because we had never been there before. We got to talking to another customer also looking at discs, We could tell he really didn't know what he was talking about but he said before we bought anything to come out to his car because he had discs for sale.

As it turns out he was a pond diver with a fresh catch and anything without a name/# was for sale. So this is what we walked away with...

2 dx leopards
dx skeeter
esp pulse-tye dye
2 champ beasts-tye dye
star beast
pro beast
pro destroyer
dx teerex
3 champ orcs
2 star orcs
dx aviar
dx cheetah
champ monarch

$50

All we're at least 7/10, most were perfect and still had the barcode sticker on them. This particular course is in a college town so I see why so many wind up in the drink on a hole that"s '250 straight & open with the the first '100 or so over a sinkhole.

Anyone familiar with the area, it was in Murfreesboro TN @ Barfield Crescent Park & PIAS on Thompson Lane

Jesse B 707 said:
nice, thats still probly 5 more bucks than PIAS would have given him :lol:

Fireface138 said:

2 dx leopards
dx skeeter
esp pulse-tye dye
2 champ beasts-tye dye
star beast
pro beast
pro destroyer
dx teerex
3 champ orcs
2 star orcs
dx aviar
dx cheetah
champ monarch

$50

I know that course.... hey Fireface138 there is a Tournament there Saturday morning. You going to go?

Ultimate score there. Good job. You'd think that after working that hard to find those discs the dude would want more for them. You probably just bought $200 worth of discs.

Bradley Walker said:
My best 12x Star Wraith is ,marbled grey with a local stamp. It was in the used bin, brand new and mismarked for $5.99 (which is the price for DX type stuff).

The lady at the PIAS caught the mismarked, but I am a good customer, so she just smiled and rung it up...

Well if it makes you feel any better the best surge I've ever thrown came from you. Powder blue Nate Doss 171g. Nothing this disc can't do.

Not PIAS, but today I found

3 new DX Teebirds
New Green Eco Leopard
11x KC TB 8/10
11x Champ EagleX

All for a tasty $38

2 new 180 DX rocs from 2002* - $3.99 a piece.

*I know they are from 2002 b/c they are trophy discs. apparently I won some tourny in Virgina and some tourny in South Carolina. Both in Open.

Damn. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I hate you guys with local PIAS that are constantly re-upping. Reading this thread inspired me to drive by my PIAS on Friday night only to find out that not only do they not have anything dank to make people jealous on this thread but they have gotten rid of their discs all together.

Latest posts