• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Fr0sty711 said:
Sry this ia prob. a dumb ? but what is a PIAS??? and does anyone no if there is one in INDIANA?

playitagainsports.com and use the locator

I found another star XCal but this time it is a new Echo with a huge dome. I don't know why it was there but the used one I got a few weeks ago has made it in the bag.

Well the PIAS near me is horrible. I went in the other day and started going through the discs that this guy had in the rack. I looked around the corner and asked how much he was asking for the different discs..his reply to me was $14.99 for each disc! The expression on my face must have made an impression because he came out from behind the desk and started asking me all kinds of questions about what price he should be asking for each different disc. I gave him a brief run down of the different prices most plastics cost and he said that it was too much to think about and he'll stick with the $14.99 for each disc. I then put back the S Wizard and DX Leopard I was looking at and walked out the door. By the way, that PIAS was located in Hamilton, New Jersey. So stay away if you're looking for a bargain.

Not at PIAS, but I scored 2 Circle tooling wizards on ebay for $9. Like an 8 on the firmness scale, little used, but not bent up at all. Pure money for putting.

Found mondo pearly champ plastic at PIAS (Carrollton, TX) today...Monsters, Beasts, Valks, etc. Picked up a brand new, peach-colored, max weight, pearly Orc for $8.99 :twisted:

ps - if you're ever at that store (Miday & Trinity Mills in Carrollton) they have a sweet stash of CE and other hard to find plastic behind the counter....all of the money from those discs go straight to The American Diabetes Fund (?).

went into my local PIAS today where i have had some luck

pearly champ orc 7/10
flick elite z 9/10
and a brand new star crow that was marked for the dx price since it had the dx cro stamp on it.

PIAS Carrollton, TX

Picked up a brand new, max weight, black DX Aviar from 2004 TX States that was signed by Ron Russell for $5.49...just sitting there in the used bin :D

Also picked up one of several used translucent 11x Champ Teebirds they had for $8.99.

Picked up a couple of nice wizards at my local PIAS last week. One medium 175 in white and a 171 proto in black (Super sweet!!). 3 bucks each straight outta the used section.

RustyP said:
Also picked up one of several used translucent 11x Champ Teebirds they had for $8.99.

Wow in the used bin? I hope there are still some there, I won a $30 gift certificate to the carrollton pias and I can't use it at any other lol.

Blink said:
RustyP said:

Wow in the used bin? I hope there are still some there, I won a $30 gift certificate to the carrollton pias and I can't use it at any other lol.

Yeah, long drive from Arlington...depending on what part you're in. I counted at least 4 of them, all used...I picked up the least used one, but all the others were still worthy, and I think all were above 170g. They had some sweet Star stuff that was in new condition for $10.99 in the used bin. Also saw several Star and Champ Eagle-Xs...a couple were older milkly/opaque 11x Champ plastic.

Went there earlier with a friend, never seen so many used discs. I ended up getting a real grippy champ roadrunner unused, and an x-out used disc that matched my domey 11x kc pro teebird better than another flat 11x champion teebird. Almost got a flat 11x champ firebird, but decided on a cfr TL with a stamp that says Coastal Clash '03 lol. Still in good condition.

Blink said:
Went there earlier with a friend, never seen so many used discs.

I took a picture of the DG section when I was there yesterday so I could show it to all the other plastic addicts here in Texarkana...hopefully that'll finally persuade a few of them to join me on my next DG trip to Dallas.

Man you guys are finding some nice stuff at those PIAS. The one in my area sucks, they charge 17.99 for champ and star plastic and their x-outs are 10.00, which is not too bad, but all they carry are wraiths, monsters and banshees.

They do have some older cyclones and x clones.

I did find a old white aero with a blue stamp that was an Eagle holding arrows in its claws, kinda like on a quarter. it was cool looking and I like aeros :D

Anyway most of it is over priced.

colombo117 said:
Man you guys are finding some nice stuff at those PIAS. The one in my area sucks, they charge 17.99 for champ and star plastic and their x-outs are 10.00, which is not too bad, but all they carry are wraiths, monsters and banshees.

They do have some older cyclones and x clones.

I did find a old white aero with a blue stamp that was an Eagle holding arrows in its claws, kinda like on a quarter. it was cool looking and I like aeros :D

Anyway most of it is over priced.

There are three in Tucson. They all pretty much suck. There used to be one up in Phoenix that literally had hundreds of used discs. Cheap as hell. $3 for used dx. Champ was $6. There was no star then.

The one here in Texarkana sucks bigtime...$19.99 for Star, $17.99 for Champ...i forget what they charge for DX. The only good thing is that the owner strongly believes in marking things down after they've been there for a while. Earlier this year they got a new shipment of plastic in, and he marked all the stuff left over from the last shipment 50% off...got a few new Star discs for $10 each :D

I just picked up some old cyclones, they both have that chalky plastic that stays on your fingers after you touch it, one is dated 1994, they both were 8 bucks, not too bad. They also had a Z Hawk hidden in the pile, which I believe is OOP.