• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

So...I stopped by the PIAS today over my lunch hour. Had a decent find. 171g 2006 Augusta CFR Wraith. $4.99. I would rate it an 8.5 out of 10. Not a bad find.

I assume the store owners set their own prices? The PIAS by my house never has discs that cheap. Their basic pricing is $5.99 for DX/Pro type plastics, in any condition, and $8.99 for Champ/Star type plastics, in any condition. Some of the discs they have in DX I doubt they'll ever sell because they're so beat.

BLURR said:
So...I stopped by the PIAS today over my lunch hour. Had a decent find. 171g 2006 Augusta CFR Wraith. $4.99. I would rate it an 8.5 out of 10. Not a bad find.

If you decide you want to trade away that Wraith, let me know. A friend swears by them so I've been wanting to try one out. Just kick a PM with any discs you are looking for. Thanks.

BLURR said:
I think they had this one mis-marked. Usually used champion goes for $6.99. Pro is $4.99 and DX is $2.99.

Wow. I'd be there a lot more often if the prices were the same here.

Nothing lately. Got a 9x KC Eagle the other day for $5.00 (7/10). Other than that, pretty lame-o PIAS discs around here.

pd

Found an 8x Roc that I picked up for $6.

Traded it to a friend for an Opaque Red CE Eagle-X, an Opaque 10x Eagle-X, and some other good stuff.

Seemed worth my $6. :lol:

Not a PIAS, but my local shop (Utopia) here in Norwalk, CT started selling used discs after I sold them about 50 for $4 a pop to fund a PS3 purchase.

A few weeks ago I went in to see what had sold and what was left. To my surprise other people had also sold discs. I found a beat in Champ Firebird with the stamp taken off. I bought it on the spot to replace the STAR one I had just lost. It's a keeper, still crazy stable, but not quite as stable as a new one. Very happy with it. BTW - almost all the discs I had sold them had been bought up. And I've seen tons of them on my local course too...

I know this is a long shot but... Anyone been to the PIAS in Hamilton NJ? I am too lazy and poor to drive over there and find out they have no discage. My bad if this has been adressed previously in the thread(again, lazyness).

You can call them and ask. That's what I had to do around here to find out which carried discs and which didn't.

So...I had a chance to throw that Wraith I found at PIAS last week. First throw with it was Ewing Park hole 10...600+ ft slightly downhill...pin high 40 right. The disc flat out booms in the open.

at my local pias they just got in a shipment of "new" plastic the other day, the thing is its all Discraft stuff from pre 2000 :? Xclones,marauders,elite pro comets,TP cyclones (which i cleaned out),eclipses,and a couple of nice hard Magnets all brand new. im curious as to where they got all this old crap

I just picked up a 11x kc pro teebird for $7 and a polaris LF for $4. Almost picked up a first run crush, but I'm not a fan.

Nabbed an almost new pearly Champ Monster for $9, seasoned Sanny Big-bead Aviar for $5, older DX plastic Rancho Roc (with the coveted slight-dome) for $5....and best of all...a new Epic for $4 :twisted:

(after reading the article in the new FDM, I just have to give the epic thumber a shot)

The if you can throw a good thumber with that Epic, you can have some lethal throws with it. There's a guy here that can park 550ft holes with it. There's also a tough alternate tee here that is easy to bogey and you pretty much have to throw a good roller to make it an easier 3. He found a little window in the trees above the tee where he thumbers his Epic and puts it within 50-70ft of the basket each time.

I didnt find them at PIAS but I picked up 2 176 11x KC Pro Rocs with dimples on both of em for 8 bucks each

:D I'm Happy

I just got 2 Bar Stamp "Stable Mid-Range Driver" Rocs for $2.55 for the pair. Not at PIAS (ebay), but I'm pretty happy too.