• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

not a bad idea, do they buy new and used disc? I a perfect world this could pay some expenses

Sweet find yesterday. Driving along, see a PIAS and instant detour. Pop in and $4.37 later I have a 180 10x Pro Roc in max weight AND in excellent condition (8/10)!

CHA CHING!

pd

Mmmm... 10x Eagle X....

Are 11x Pro Cheetahs anything to go after? I saw one while digging through the stack yesterday but didn't buy it. Also came accorss a few (3-5) Champion stingrays. Are they worthwile to get?

pd

Looking at this thread made me want to go to PIAS. So I went today and got a pretty sweet big bird stamp DX roc for 5 bucks.

cquinn17 said:
Looking at this thread made me want to go to PIAS. So I went today and got a pretty sweet big bird stamp DX roc for 5 bucks.

thats awesome...o wait, i was there, and im sick of hearing this story :wink:

CE Eagle and SB Orc for a total of about $12 tax included. They had some nice rocs and XL's too.

I am going to a course soon with some tough water shots. I am going to try to find some cheap "throw away disc" for just those shots so I don't loose any of my good disc.

ericsimpson said:
After reading about all these great finds, I eagerly checked out my local PIAS for the first time. Not only do they not sell used discs, they think new Champion plastic is worth $16.99. Unless it is a JK Champ Valk, then it is $19.99!

Yeah the 2 PIAS by me what $19.99 for any Innova star plactic.

Ive only see one used dics and they wanted $14.99 for it because it was Z plactic. I havent had any "great" finds. The best I have is I found 2 matching APX's (weight, color, and stamp) which was exactly what I was looking for. But I was told that they are getting more plactic some time this month so I'll have to keep stoping in :)

pointdisc said:
Sweet find yesterday. Driving along, see a PIAS and instant detour. Pop in and $4.37 later I have a 180 10x Pro Roc in max weight AND in excellent condition (8/10)!

CHA CHING!

pd
WTF my local PIAS has only crap 100% of the time, but reading all of these makes me want to head down there now

Got a yellow Z Cyclone for $6. Looks new and unthrown. The PIAS in Sheboygan has really updated their discs and improved their selection.

Not trying to bring this thread back from the apparent death, but I found another yellow Z Cyclone at PIAS, same as the last except this other one was 2 grams lighter. $5.99 again. I looked around some more and they had a purple Z Cyclone for $11.99. Anyone know why the purple was twice as much? Is it just the rarity of the plastic?

My best 12x Star Wraith is ,marbled grey with a local stamp. It was in the used bin, brand new and mismarked for $5.99 (which is the price for DX type stuff).

The lady at the PIAS caught the mismarked, but I am a good customer, so she just smiled and rung it up...

These are some good ebay gets

$15.00 New 175g CE Teebird, 10x stamp

$10.00 New 175g Special Blend Orc

.55 New 176g Tourney Pro Cyclone

.50 New 173 Early run Wiz

and 15 in shipping.

do a total of 41 shipped. Not bad considering a new CE Teebird will got for about that same price or more, especially since it has a brainwave dye. Since it has a 10x stamp, I get a deal!!!