• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

ericsimpson said:
After reading about all these great finds, I eagerly checked out my local PIAS for the first time. Not only do they not sell used discs, they think new Champion plastic is worth $16.99. Unless it is a JK Champ Valk, then it is $19.99!

mine has some used finds on occasion, I've seen a few old beater CEs in the bin before, but they mostly have just have -new- high priced innova, paid 19.99 for a tiedye CE Sidewinder, and 15.99 for a Pig before I started buying online, I'm sure there are some decent discs that find the bin, but at my local PIAS there are 2 guys, 1 PDGA pro, and an AA that work there, and they no doubt grab everything instantly

Our local PIAS stores didn't catch on to the CE thing yet. Once in a while you'll find some CE discs discounted as regular used plastic. A buddy of mine picked up a sweet CE Firebird there... Instead of buying it he gave them a new champ Leopard for it, saying they can't go wrong trading a new disc for an old one. They were happy to do it. Another guy just picked up a CE Valkyrie for $8 last week. I got there 3 days after he bought it :evil:

strozey said:
oops! I meant Champion plastic, I'm a noob - I thought CE = Champion Edition

It does. The current Champion discs have all the "Champion" in their names and none of the "Edition". The old ones actually said "Champion Edition" on the disc.

Not PIAS, but I found a new 1st Run Gazelle with a 94 or 95 worlds biggest stamp. It has the gazelle stamp on the back. It just had some starage wear. F bucks! Can't beat that!

Today I found a DX Eagle X in the used bin marked 1.99
not new, not beat. halfway there. score.

Zamson tourney stamped Champ Xcal (like new) for 8 bucks......unfortunately it was my buddy who scored the find an not me :cry:

Today at lunch picked up a 2x barry beast old mold in some sweet marbled champ plastic, a "pro" but really champ firebird and a first run SOLS all for 20 bucks, sweet!

My local pias was responsible for my entire first bag set up. They had a huge selection of killer DX used discs. All the discs were $3 each and they literally had hundreds. I went back last year and they didn't have a single disc. I imagine somebody bough them out and put them on ebay. It's a shame cause I got to try a ton of discs in the begining. They also gave a free mini which could be used as a coupon. Every 5 discs you'd get one for free.

dgdave, I plan on giving it a test run this weekend if I'm not feeling it I'll let you know.

Sry this ia prob. a dumb ? but what is a PIAS??? and does anyone no if there is one in INDIANA?