• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

uNicedmeMan said:
Damn. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I hate you guys with local PIAS that are constantly re-upping. Reading this thread inspired me to drive by my PIAS on Friday night only to find out that not only do they not have anything dank to make people jealous on this thread but they have gotten rid of their discs all together.

Mine sucks too.

I walked into my PIAS today to find four Frat-Daddies crowding the used racks. After they left with their worn out dx vipers and "frisbee disc" brand putters, I grabbed a star TL, CFR glow TL, X XL, and 1st run 150 Z Flick. All in practically new condition for about 20 bucks. Thanks frat guys.

I'm so jealous. We don't have a PIAS here in Vegas :cry: . I would love to be able to go thrift store shopping for discs.

not PIAS but yesterday i just happened to drive by a disc store up in Ukiah CA that has been closed for around 6 months (for winter i guess :? ) and it was just being cleaned up to be re-opened so i dropped in to see if they had anything tasty and the girl behind the counter was stacking up a pile of discs she was told were rare (by a moron) and could be sold for 30 to 40 bux, i looked through the pile and it was full of regular old poop (2x beasts,5x valks,dyed CHorcs) as i was looking through i was explaining that most if not all of these discs still sell for 13/15 bux. at the bottom of the pile though i found the prettiest 11x champ eagle ive seen yet, a 173 super flat top, very translucent pink, im pretty sure its last run CE plastic. she was still pretty convinced i was fleecing her about the low prices though and offered it for 30 bones :? i was able to beat her down to 18 though, not the greatest deal but fair enough :)

P.S. im pretty sure she thought they were worth that much cuz she had seen that one chiseler on ebay who lists 11x stuff and regular old gummy 150 stuff for like 50 bucks a piece :roll: F that guy!

Someone who has been playing for a few years must have dumped off a lot of old stuff at the local pias. I picked up 4 rocs from the 90s, one is an ontario for $4.50 each. There are like 10 beadless aviars from the 90s too and a beat SE TL and some other older discs still there. It was neat just looking at the stamps from old tournaments in wisconsin.

rusch_bag said:
Someone who has been playing for a few years must have dumped off a lot of old stuff at the local pias. I picked up 4 rocs from the 90s, one is an ontario for $4.50 each. There are like 10 beadless aviars from the 90s too and a beat SE TL and some other older discs still there. It was neat just looking at the stamps from old tournaments in wisconsin.

I saw those last weekend... i had almost all of them in my hands until I came to my senses... lots of cool stuff though.

I picked up a 9x eagle, 9x gazelle and a 9x teebird all in really good shape. I also grabbed a dx teebird and dx valk all for $4.50, gotta love used plastic!

got a 10x KC Pro Eagle-x 168g(8/10) last week at PIAS for about 6 bucks. It is yellow/purple tie-die and is a very flexy champion feel. So far i love the disc. Guy said some "idiot" just sold it to him that day, and he knew it wouldn't last long. I really want to meet this "idiot" and see what else he has...

Hmm just picked up a 1984 Worlds Fair Flying disc stamp for 7$...

It looks like a discraft phantom...has PDGA approved stamp.
It was in their new XOUT bin.... they had several other old molds.

Not sure how it will throw so I'm not sure if it's a "Great Find" but it is definitely an interesting find.

disc.JPG

Stopped by the PIAS today...got a couple of decent finds. Looks like somebody decided to cash out their old disc collection.

179g Big Bird Stamped Stiff DX Roc($4.99) (I don't even throw roc's...but makes for good trade bait eventually)
174g World Star Monarch(Free - Punch card filled up)

BLURR said:
Stopped by the PIAS today...got a couple of decent finds. Looks like somebody decided to cash out their old disc collection.

179g Big Bird Stamped Stiff DX Roc($4.99) (I don't even throw roc's...but makes for good trade bait eventually)
Sure does, looking for anything inparticular?

BLURR said:

174g World Star Monarch(Free - Punch card filled up)

punch card...wtf...need that in austin...or if we have that...why dont i have one

Yeah...after 10 purchases, new or used, you get a free disc...ew or used.

I tend to buy a lot of their used stuff and then on my tenth...get something new :D

I think this thread is funny. The whole reason it was started was to let me know that I have almost zero chance of finding anything good at the closest PIAS because BLURR gets it all.

garublador said:
I think this thread is funny. The whole reason it was started was to let me know that I have almost zero chance of finding anything good at the closest PIAS because BLURR gets it all.

I don't get all the good stuff. Clue found a Speckled Plastic DX Roc in the used bin about 3 months ago...and payed $4.99 for it. And it was in almost brand new condition.

I got this yesterday for $4.99 not really sure if it's worth anything but it seemed like it might be... but it doesn't look like it according to ebay :( .

3392375564_911c5e101e.jpg

BLURR said:
garublador said:

I don't get all the good stuff. Clue found a Speckled Plastic DX Roc in the used bin about 3 months ago...and payed $4.99 for it. And it was in almost brand new condition.
What's even funnier is that I probably live about as close to it as anyone. I live up on the hill kind of across where the Mitsubishi dealership used to be. The only way you'd get too much closer is by living in Clive on the other side of Greenbelt park. I just don't get there very often.

I usually stop by about once every two weeks to restock their Gateway Merch. I usually buy one or two used disc's while I am there. It is amazing how many used Wraiths, Destroyers, Surges, Forces and Monarchs come through there. They even had an almost brand new 172g DF Boss for $6.99.

Latest posts