• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome said:
JimW said:
...Bought a 10x (candy) KC Pro Eagle for $3...

this is the deal of the day, nay sir, the week! I am super jealous :mrgreen:

Hooray for squids that don't know the value of what they're selling! :D

Check out this sweet Dolphin I found at PIAS the other day! Probably the best Innova disc ever! :lol: I think they actually have some collectible value now?

Mr. Plow said:
Check out this sweet Dolphin I found at PIAS the other day! Probably the best Innova disc ever! :lol: I think they actually have some collectible value now?

Very collectable if new. There are not too many floating around. On Ebay they can go $30+

Good ol' PIAS -- found a brand new, with sticker, super-sweet DX, 10-year-old tourney Gazelle stamped 1999 Alamance County Pro-Am.

Mr. Plow said:

off-topic ...Dolphin has got to be one of the worst names for a disc.

I realize there are a lot of names that don't really pertain to DG but any disc named after an animal that enjoys water (let alone requires it to survive) just seems like a bad idea... off-topic-off

Roy said:
Mr. Plow said:

Very collectable if new. There are not too many floating around. On Ebay they can go $30+

Ba-dum-CH!

mzuleger said:
Mr. Plow said:

off-topic ...Dolphin has got to be one of the worst names for a disc.

I realize there are a lot of names that don't really pertain to DG but any disc named after an animal that enjoys water (let alone requires it to survive) just seems like a bad idea... off-topic-off
Well, it does float. I am assuming this is the reason for the name? Back to topic...

I picked up a 2004 Worlds Classic Roc and a neat white/pink/orange combo plastic first run Xcaliber today.

171 CE Leopard...practically brand new. Didn't cost a dime after trading in a Champ Beast, Star Max, S-line Control Driver, and Star P&A :twisted:

Also, a 167 CE QJLS with the "pdga appoved" stamp...not sure if I'll keep this one or not. Might end up on the trade list soon.

our play it again just closed down in madison, i went there two days after all of their stuff went on sale and all the plastic was gone, it was amazing how fast it went. wish i would have gone the first day apparently discs were up to 60% off or so =(

Yesterday at good 'ol PIAS I scored:

175 Tourney Pro Comet (NEW)
170 Star Eagle X (used but in great shape)
168 Gazelle in good condition
171 Pearly Champ old mold Beast, same green and purple swirl color as the one on here someone posted pics of, in really good condition.

I Loves me some Play It Again. 8)

Got a first run Star Destroyer that is fairly beaten and Champ Destroyer practically brand new for $5/each. I think if they can't figure out what it is they just put $5 on it. Haha!

Also scored a new Xout Champ Stingray on that trip (not in the used bin!). Have been experimenting with it for rollers but am not sure I like it, so it may be up for sale soon! :mrgreen:

Stopped by the other day to fill out an order for the local PIAS and thumbed through the used rack.

$5.99 Champ Destoyer 9 out of 10
$4.99 1st run Star Destroyer 7 out of 10
$5.99 Worlds Sparkle Squall or whatever that mid is this year. 9.5 out of 10
$5.99 Sparkle Force 9.5 out of 10
$4.99 WASP engraved buzzz 7 out of 10

Ended up buying the buzzz because I can always use a nice turn over buzzz. Glad I did too. Took it out to the course that afternoon and it flew beautifully.

BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome said:
171 Pearly Champ old mold Beast, same green and purple swirl color as the one on here someone posted pics of, in really good condition.

You mean like this one? :D

p1040652z.jpg

PIAS had some kind of convention with vendors. My PIAS came back with over a hundred Star and Champ X-Outs. Champ Xcals, Champ Destroyers, Star Destroyers, Champ tie-dye Teebirds (I think they were stamped 11x like the ones at MS).

BLURR said:
Stopped by the other day to fill out an order for the local PIAS and thumbed through the used rack.

$5.99 Champ Destoyer 9 out of 10
$4.99 1st run Star Destroyer 7 out of 10
$5.99 Worlds Sparkle Squall or whatever that mid is this year. 9.5 out of 10
$5.99 Sparkle Force 9.5 out of 10
$4.99 WASP engraved buzzz 7 out of 10

Ended up buying the buzzz because I can always use a nice turn over buzzz. Glad I did too. Took it out to the course that afternoon and it flew beautifully.
You must have been there before me, because I ended up buying both Destroyers (see post above you). Thanks for leaving them for me :D

You're welcome. Never got into Destroyers...favored the Force...because it was strong with this one :lol:

I am taking a stack of used in today because they needed some more used stock. I talk with those guys quite a bit and when they start running low on used stock, I usually drop by with about 20 disc's.

I went in today and found there 100+ stocked bin of new innova dx plastic stuff was all gone. I guess within a week it was all gone. All that was left were starfires and teebirds.

I asked where the used section was and they said "there" I looked over and saw a box. I walked over and there were basically two brand new champ. sidewinders in there for 15.99. ugh.

3775932774_6849ba3c68.jpg

Champ Gator X
SM Roc
SOLS
ESP Surge
ESP Force
2004 Innova x-mas disc (not sure what it is yet)
Champ Sidewinder

... all for $39!