• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Appleton PIAS usually has decent used stuff. I worked at the Pet Supplies Plus across the street when I was in high school and used to walk over on my breaks. (That was 10 years ago though, damn the years go fast :( .)

I bought a matching trio there that I wish I still had... XL, X2 and APX all glow flydyed. They don't make em like they used to.

mickas said:
mzluger was that at the pias in oshkosh or appleton? i was just at both last weekend and saw neither of those. :(

the QJ was in Oshkosh,the banshee was in appleton... it's all about timing i guess. The QJ is an easy one to miss because it's not one that says "CE" on it so you have to be paying attention to catch it (QJLS with a 2002 tourney stamp = CE)

booter said:
haha right on. ill toss you a small list of what im always lookin for...ahem...rocs 8) . i bet your hoardin those tp clones now huh!!

and there go my chances of finding beat old roc's haha :D

i used to be able walk into PIAS and pick 1-2 up every time but I think Bird(at PIAS) started watching what goes into that used pile a little bit more. I can only find the CE or Roc's when he aint working.

mzuleger said:
mickas said:
mzluger was that at the pias in oshkosh or appleton? i was just at both last weekend and saw neither of those. :(

the QJ was in Oshkosh,the banshee was in appleton... it's all about timing i guess. The QJ is an easy one to miss because it's not one that says "CE" on it so you have to be paying attention to catch it (QJLS with a 2002 tourney stamp = CE)

Two color stamp and the marker mark = CE. I think it's acutually a blend like old pro line stuff. Very nice plastic either way.

for austin peeps.

i didn't buy it but I am pretty sure there is a Sanny Sent at the south PIAS as of today

i need to check out the pias off anderson and the one further south. its been a while though. jason said he heard the one off anderson is low right now. zam...... need moar used rocs :mrgreen: lmk

booter said:
i need to check out the pias off anderson and the one further south. its been a while though. jason said he heard the one off anderson is low right now. zam...... need moar used rocs :mrgreen: lmk
heh there's more in there nowdays, seems like.. we're more discerning with our roc bux
just be glad we have a Buzzz guy, it could be worse!

i got a 12x roc and orange ranco with some blue discoloration on it from DiscNation on friday. nothing special for used discs but the used section was pretty full.

Steve said:
I picked up a QMS for $8 and found out later in another thread it might be CE plastic. It is the "pdga appoved" version.

2 color stamp with a marker mark at 6 o'clock = CE

Steve said:
Roy said:
Steve said:
I picked up a QMS for $8 and found out later in another thread it might be CE plastic. It is the "pdga appoved" version.

The stamp has been removed and I do not know what a marker mark is.

It's just a sharpy dot/small line. I thought it was a mistake at first, but later found out it was used to line up the two colorsof the stamp. Do you have a picture?

Roy said:
mzuleger said:
mickas said:

Two color stamp and the marker mark = CE. I think it's acutually a blend like old pro line stuff. Very nice plastic either way.

Mine is a tourney stamp so I don't think this applies. thanks for the info though

Roy said:
Steve said:
Roy said:
Steve said:

The stamp has been removed and I do not know what a marker mark is.

It's just a sharpy dot/small line. I thought it was a mistake at first, but later found out it was used to line up the two colorsof the stamp. Do you have a picture?

p2030098.jpg

Here is a pic. It has the flashing on the outer tip of the wing. I picked up a couple more QMS discs and they are a lot clearer of a plastic than my orange one is. The clear ones also have the sharp flashing on the bottom of the lip and smooth wing tips. I sure wish the search function worked so I didn't have to ask so many questions.

11 kc roc 6.99
8x KC Pro Cheetah full circle stamp 3.99
Aviar P&A chains stamp 3.99

someone dropped off a ton of old plastic. lots cobras and vipers from 90's and early 2000's. go check it out if you are near the south austin PIAS

Flat-topped 11x Champ Firebird!! :D $6.99
1st run DX Leopard $4.99
Multi-colored Champ Firebird X-out $9.99
SE Super Roc 9.5/10 $5.99 8)

Steve said:
Here is a pic. It has the flashing on the outer tip of the wing. I picked up a couple more QMS discs and they are a lot clearer of a plastic than my orange one is. The clear ones also have the sharp flashing on the bottom of the lip and smooth wing tips. I sure wish the search function worked so I didn't have to ask so many questions.
I can't tell for sure for sure, but I'd lean towards CE

Mainly looking at the fingertips that show through the flightplate, and the depth of the stamp imression