• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Furthur said:
Wow, do you have a local store that sells them?

I went in looking for a bag and wound up finding a brand new one with the Christmas stamp. The guy is trying to clean out his inventory and all brand new stuff was 50% off. I snatch it up giggling to myself at the great deal I got. It's probably the better PIAS in town. The other one has all sorts of different prices for discs. They have D plastic marked as Elite and selling it for ten. Every thing is marked up. You have to search hard for a good bargain.

Jerry R said:
Wohoo good trip to PIAS today:

IMAG0245.jpg

$5.99 for a Q Sanny - no ink

IMAG0244.jpg

I just stopped at my local PIAS and they have 2 of these exact same discs on their used shelf for the same price but one has some crazy cat drawn up on it in sharpie....PM me if you are interested and we could possibly work out some kind of trade.

jtkustomizer said:
I just stopped at my local PIAS and they have 2 of these exact same discs on their used shelf for the same price but one has some crazy cat drawn up on it in sharpie....PM me if you are interested and we could possibly work out some kind of trade.

PM sent.

^^^ NICE leopard find!!

i got FOUR used TP Cyclones the other day. thing is, a few weeks ago i didn't know that i had stashed some TPs because i didn't know the stamp. so i didn't buy them, i put them out for sale, and booter bought them.

then on a day i wasn't working, and old schooler traded in a bunch. so i go in to test-throw my stash and what is there but a bunch of TP Cyclones on the shelf. nice seasoned condition, great feel and weight, even one sweet stamp in the bunch. TP-Cy is goin in my bag! (at least, the bag that includes Cyclones)

yessir haha. I saw them and had to get them. Funny thing is when I went in there to dump off a bunch of plastic.I had one tp cy in there and didn't know it was a tp. :( o well. Dj likes the cy I gave him and my bro has the other!. Lmk when you get more Mr. Zam....I'll tell you what. Shoot me ur # ...I want the zam direct line for goodies that pop ip in the used section :). I'm always lookn for rocs

booter said:
yessir haha. I saw them and had to get them. Funny thing is when I went in there to dump off a bunch of plastic.I had one tp cy in there and didn't know it was a tp. :( o well. Dj likes the cy I gave him and my bro has the other!. Lmk when you get more Mr. Zam....I'll tell you what. Shoot me ur # ...I want the zam direct line for goodies that pop ip in the used section :). I'm always lookn for rocs

good luck getting those $$$ used roc's away from that discnation crew. haha much love to Zam however, he has let me know when my lost discs have come thru and when my mysterious Puma's show up.

oh yeah CE-FB at PIAS $9. beat in perfectly, straight with that late great reliable fade

I found an interesting disc at pias. I am not sure what it is and was wondering if anyone could help. There are no manufacturer names molded in it anywhere. The plastic feels kind of like Pro but is much more flexible. It says "TEST" on top and has "171 E-Proto" on the rim. There is a tiny bead on the bottom that is not like any eagle I have ever seen. The rim has a machined style finish that reminds me of the old holographic sticker we had as kids in the 80's. Any help would be highly appreciated. I plan on throwing it when the weather gets nice but wanted to make sure it was not a super rare, ultra expensive piece of disc golf history first.
p1210083.jpg

p1210094.jpg

p1210092.jpg

haha c'mon we buy less than half the rocs :lol:

but yeah i keep a nose out for stuff
next time booter, we'll talk about what i need to watch for :idea: 8) :arrow:

btw i'm allllmost full up on TP Cyclones! :twisted:

Steve said:
BLURR said:
Actually...I think it is the Proto Gateway Apache...not the Savage. I have one that is identical to that one.

How do the apaches fly?

I picked it out of your store there on Swanson.

I am guessing that it is from a guy out in Colfax that carries a lot of Gateway. And they fly really straight to slightly flippy.

BIG MACK said:
Damn...my PIAS never has any cool discs. I check it at least twice a month...just crappy Lightning discs.

The one in Littleton doesn't either. I do occasionally see some cool old X out champion discs though.

They don't sell any used.

Got a CE-QJLS and a 11x KC Pro banshee for $10. Not great finds but good enough that I couldn't pass them up.