• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

I just got 3 very gently used discs for $14.80

4x JK Pro Valkyrie $5.99, 150 DX Stingray (old stamp) $3.99, DGA Flat-top cyclone with DGA Driver stamp and name line $3.99

:D

Stopped at the PIAS over lunch and found this 1996 Milwaukee ice bowl, 8/10 cyclone (TP?)

1210091335a_277403.jpg

pd

Wow! that's a nice piece of disc golf history. I'd find a nice spot on the wall for that one.

I really hate reading this thread sometimes. Yet I keep coming back. :cry:
Like many others have said, there is no where I can find that sells used disc. PIAS doesn't get many in, the one I seen used was the same price as all the new stuff. I want some of that tasty plastic.

Blue beat to PERFECTION (threw it today) 169 rancho roc 4.99 7/10
Peach x11 champion teebird 5.99 9/10

Threw both today and I actually dont like x12 teebirds but that x11 BOMBED on hole 1 at tom watkins (450~ft). It was hands down my furthest throw in my career. I'll have to read up on the x11 now.

I don't throw roc's much but this rancho one was throwing really well for me. It seems pretty stable, but not overstable. It was more stable than my mako. It flew far, I got it to go 300ish (same as my mako) with a pretty flat line. I really like it. Again, I'll have to read up on beat rancho's and see what i'm dealing with. Pics later I think when I get my camera back.

I went today to trade some disc in, and of course they had the same 2-3 used Destro's and a Xcal.
But, I did happen to see a few new disc. And, they have a whole boat load of the big bird Roc's, and the big ring Roc. Not sure if these are old or what. But, they were brand new disc. Not sure if they still make those stamps or how long they've had them if they are pretty old stamps. Just figured I'd ask cause I don't know much about Roc's, don't throw them. But, I know they had probably 10 or so of each, lol.

Today I went in and noticed a sidewinder was a bit faded on the top stamp. I looked at it closer and you could tell it had been thrown for a while. It wasn't faded to the point of it looked used, but it was fading. The rim was actually pretty good looking. It looked used, but still new-ish.

I flipped it over and discovered a faded sharpie of a phone number.

Clearly this disc was used. However, guess what the price was for it? 15.99.

what the shit! I asked an employee if this was a typo and they took the disc, looked it over and said "this is a new disc". Then started walking away. I insisted they look at the faded phone number and fading stamp but the person still said "sorry sir, but this a new disc".

.....I wonder if PIAS sells new-ish looking used discs at full price? I'm not trying to start shit with PIAS, they give a rats ass about disc golf and I know they have no clue about it. It was probably just a simple mistake, but I'm still curious if anyone has seen these before.

tigel said:
Today I went in and noticed a sidewinder was a bit faded on the top stamp. I looked at it closer and you could tell it had been thrown for a while. It wasn't faded to the point of it looked used, but it was fading. The rim was actually pretty good looking. It looked used, but still new-ish.

I flipped it over and discovered a faded sharpie of a phone number.

Clearly this disc was used. However, guess what the price was for it? 15.99.

what the shit! I asked an employee if this was a typo and they took the disc, looked it over and said "this is a new disc". Then started walking away. I insisted they look at the faded phone number and fading stamp but the person still said "sorry sir, but this a new disc".

.....I wonder if PIAS sells new-ish looking used discs at full price? I'm not trying to start shit with PIAS, they give a rats ass about disc golf and I know they have no clue about it. It was probably just a simple mistake, but I'm still curious if anyone has seen these before.
Occasionally the one near me will price the discs wrong, but it's usually due to some HS kid not knowing what he's doing. When I find one I want to buy and it's priced wrong, they'll always mark it down for me. Tigel, it sounds like you're dealing with a real idiot over there.

pointdisc said:
Stopped at the PIAS over lunch and found this 1996 Milwaukee ice bowl, 8/10 cyclone (TP?)

1210091335a_277403.jpg

pd

Oh shit it took me a double take to realize the Steady Ed signature.

Sick find! I'd frame that one!

Cali said:
pointdisc said:

1210091335a_277403.jpg

pd

Oh shit it took me a double take to realize the Steady Ed signature.

Sick find! I'd frame that one!

I considered buying this one a couple times. Oshkosh right?

Mr. Plow said:
Occasionally the one near me will price the discs wrong, but it's usually due to some HS kid not knowing what he's doing. When I find one I want to buy and it's priced wrong, they'll always mark it down for me. Tigel, it sounds like you're dealing with a real idiot over there.

It seems to be so... the PIAS here just has a bad attitude towards disc golf... its sad.

tigel said:
the PIAS here just has a bad attitude towards disc golf... its sad.

I had a friend of mine (who happens to be ranked PDGA 9th in the state of Ohio) get his bag stolen out of his car over Thanksgiving and went in to the PIAS near my house to see if they had anyone in trying to sell shit. Mention he needs his gear for upcoming tournaments and whatnot and this comic book nerd looking fuck at the counter goes "Tournaments? I thought only stoners played disc golf." I just shook my head and walked out. Piss on PIAS and their idiot high school dropout employees.

The PIAS near me is actualy pretty good. 3 or 4 of the employees play disc golf. I think that makes a big difference. Lately the selection of discs has been growing. The Discraft selection is now almost as large as the Innova selection. Also have a few things from Gateway Millenium and Ching. Plus they have a good selection of used. Downside of them playing is that when realy good stuff comes in like CE or other rare stuff they know what it is and pull it for themselves or price it special and put it on the back wall.

mzuleger said:
I considered buying this one a couple times. Oshkosh right?

Yep. There wasn't really much there when I went, some CEish JLS's, but I don't know what runs were or weren't CE for them.

pd

went for the first time today, scored a CE valk and an 11x kc pro roc. Not a bad day.

Picked up a Pro Classic Roc today. I've never seen one in person and it feels awesome. Who has thrown these and what can one expect?
4191492182_4827867c04.jpg