• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

I've gone 1, maybe 2 times a week to my local PIAS and I think I'm going to stop going. The people there are idiots, and have no idea what disc golf is. The one used disc I saw was 14.99, compared to normal 15.99 champion sidewinders... I asked if it was used and it was. You could tell it was thrown a LOT.

Long story short I went Friday on my way home from work just for the hell of it and the guy looked annoyed, probably because I wanted to help him profit by buying used discs.... I'm a terrible person huh?.. anyways, I have to ask because they don't have a box or a specific shelf and he answers with this statement:

You know bud, you should just stop coming here, wasting your time. Try to go out on a disc golf course after a rainstorm. I go out all the time and find 10-15 discs every time! Try that for awhile.

I smiled, chuckled and laughed respectfully. Leaving I was thinking WHY would this guy not want my business? I know disc golf isn't popular as baseball, or ball golf; but why would someone in their right mind turn away a buyer who's into a sport that might not be mainstream enough? To be honest, if I saw 11x, CE's, and vintage discs there I'd buy them all. Whether it was 30$ worth, or 500$.

tigel said:
I've gone 1, maybe 2 times a week to my local PIAS and I think I'm going to stop going. The people there are idiots, and have no idea what disc golf is. The one used disc I saw was 14.99, compared to normal 15.99 champion sidewinders... I asked if it was used and it was. You could tell it was thrown a LOT.

Long story short I went Friday on my way home from work just for the hell of it and the guy looked annoyed, probably because I wanted to help him profit by buying used discs.... I'm a terrible person huh?.. anyways, I have to ask because they don't have a box or a specific shelf and he answers with this statement:

You know bud, you should just stop coming here, wasting your time. Try to go out on a disc golf course after a rainstorm. I go out all the time and find 10-15 discs every time! Try that for awhile.

I smiled, chuckled and laughed respectfully. Leaving I was thinking WHY would this guy not want my business? I know disc golf isn't popular as baseball, or ball golf; but why would someone in their right mind turn away a buyer who's into a sport that might not be mainstream enough? To be honest, if I saw 11x, CE's, and vintage discs there I'd buy them all. Whether it was 30$ worth, or 500$.

Yea. There is a huge toolbag at the one by me too. I asked if they bought bowling equipment on my way out one time and he just laughed at me. I told him to eat a bowl of dicks.

got an 11x kc pro teebizz for 7 bucks today at PIAS, not the best deal but not too bad, i'd say it is 7.5/10, should be perfect

jnecessary said:
got an 11x kc pro teebizz for 7 bucks today at PIAS, not the best deal but not too bad, i'd say it is 7.5/10, should be perfect

I was looking at that one yesterday....and that USDGC Boss. I just couldn't pull the trigger

iowapat said:
jnecessary said:

I was looking at that one yesterday....and that USDGC Boss. I just couldn't pull the trigger

boss is still there :p I thought about that one too

Shaolintrained said:
Nice find, Jerry. Does that PIAS in Corvallis have a pretty good selection? I heard most of the PIAS stores in Oregon really revamped their selection.
Shaolin -Not great in Corvallis, but the one on Lancaster in Salem does have a great selection, and seems like most of the employees play.

I went in to my PIAS a while back because I heard they had some Glo Mags. I get there and they're all 165 or so. I ask for any heavier ones and the kid starts telling me they don't make them any heavier because of the material in them that makes them glow. I looked at him and said that I had a 176 Glo Mag that was in my bag. He said that my scale was wrong and it couldn't have been that heavy. This guy is the reason all the newbs are throwing Bosses and X Cals all over my local course.

well the pictures are a little ruff but I found 3 Elite Pro APX
l_f345705fe4bb45b2a686fd6960140e28.jpg
l_2a5f3970c85b4cfa9bee4de1478c25c2.jpg

tigel said:

Are you talking about the one on S Robert St.?

Another good batch.

Midnight Avenger SS
RR Comet
Glow Roc
Champ Sidewinder
Champ Boss (don't know why I bought this... I guess it was too pretty to pass up)
Pro Destroyer

All $4.99 each... then got a free Z-comet for being in the "disc buyers club".

New Pro Rhyno $6.99
New tourney mis-stamp Polaris LF $5.99
Semi new Ching Sniper $5.99

Stopped by PIAS today and picked up some used plastic:

(1) Avenger SS ESP FLX - $4
(1) Wasp ESP - $4
(1) Meteor ESP - $4
(2) Buzzz ESP FLX - $4
(1) 2008 ace race disc - $4
(1) K.C. Pro Edition Eagle - $4

Not a bad haul for just under $30.

Got a practically brand new (no damage, just dirt) 11x Champ Teebird for 8 dolla.

Funny, because as I was driving to the store imagining what I'd like to see in the used bin, this was the exact disc I envisioned...

Today I had to go back and I found a 10x KC Pro Eagle and a Special Edition Leopard both for $11. And I grabbed a cfr cro, used and unthrown for good measure.

Went by the Carrollton store today, that place is a gold mine! Took me an hour to shuffle thru everything. Heres what i found:

Organic SS Wiz 5.00
2x L64 Medius 5.50
L64 Primitus 4.50
CFR Gazelle 6.00
3(!) 11x Firebirds 8 bucks each

I really could have dropped a ton more cash if I wanted. They've got a couple more 11x FB's, and a plethora of 11X Teebirds and Eagles.

mason65 said:
Went by the Carrollton store today, that place is a gold mine! Took me an hour to shuffle thru everything. Heres what i found:

Organic SS Wiz 5.00
2x L64 Medius 5.50
L64 Primitus 4.50
CFR Gazelle 6.00

I really could have dropped a ton more cash if I wanted. They've got a couple more 11x FB's, and a plethora of 11X Teebirds and Eagles.
Were some of those 11x Firebirds dyed and kind of dirty looking? I was in DFW and went to that store a few weeks ago and they probably had 5 or 6 but they were all fairly beaten or inked and dirty. I did find a nice candy Pro Firebird there along with a few nice beaten in Rocs.

At my PIAS on my last 2 visits (spanning 5 days) I recently found this treasure trove. These pictures may be considered NSFW :!: :!: :!: :lol:

Top right is Proto Champ Whippet X

top mid is Sidewinder, top right is gummy CFR Archangel, bottom left glow TL

The First Run Pro Teebird feels like a blend of some kind. I'm almost certain it's not straight Pro. Were some of those First Run Pro Teebirds taffy plastic???

Mr. Plow said:
mason65 said:

Organic SS Wiz 5.00
2x L64 Medius 5.50
L64 Primitus 4.50
CFR Gazelle 6.00

Were some of those 11x Firebirds dyed and kind of dirty looking? I was in DFW and went to that store a few weeks ago and they probably had 5 or 6 but they were all fairly beaten or inked and dirty. I did find a nice candy Pro Firebird there along with a few nice beaten in Rocs.

At my PIAS on my last 2 visits (spanning 5 days) I recently found this treasure trove. These pictures may be considered NSFW :!: :!: :!: :lol:

Top right is Proto Champ Whippet X

top mid is Sidewinder, top right is gummy CFR Archangel, bottom left glow TL

The First Run Pro Teebird feels like a blend of some kind. I'm almost certain it's not straight Pro. Were some of those First Run Pro Teebirds taffy plastic???

First pic, top row...NSFW

Latest posts