• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Mr. Plow said:
The First Run Pro Teebird feels like a blend of some kind. I'm almost certain it's not straight Pro. Were some of those First Run Pro Teebirds taffy plastic???

Those were some of the first Pro plastic discs made. I never felt any hybrid Teebirds, but I had some Pro Leopards from the same era that were most certainly a blend. That stuff was what I was hoping Star would be like, but it was not. Anyway, its possible some of those Teebirds were a blend as well.

BLURR said:
Yo plow...just sold some goodies at that PIAS. You should swing by there tomorrow. (Strikers...Cores...Visions..to name a few)
Thanks for the heads up man. You want to play a round this weekend if the weather is nice? If it's decent out I'll give you a call tomorrow!

Mr. Plow said:
BLURR said:
Yo plow...just sold some goodies at that PIAS. You should swing by there tomorrow. (Strikers...Cores...Visions..to name a few)
Thanks for the heads up man. You want to play a round this weekend if the weather is nice? If it's decent out I'll give you a call tomorrow!

Sorry man...I'll be in osky for the dub's tourney this weekend.

Ever seen this show?
http://dhd.discovery.com/tv/chasing-classic-cars/about/about.html

DGR and PIAS should do the same with an online auction.

Do any of the PIAS in the Twin Cities area sell discs? I have not got the urge to drive out there for the specific reason for looking for discs. We have some great DG stores in our area but obviously they sell new discs. I am thinking with all the players we have in our area, both experienced and rec, that a ton of discs are probably sitting around waiting for a new owner.

smarkquart said:
Do any of the PIAS in the Twin Cities area sell discs? I have not got the urge to drive out there for the specific reason for looking for discs. We have some great DG stores in our area but obviously they sell new discs. I am thinking with all the players we have in our area, both experienced and rec, that a ton of discs are probably sitting around waiting for a new owner.

I've looked...you'd be suprised how little used stuff they actually carry. My only good find was a slightly used Star TL for $3.

Oddly enough, it hasn't stopped me from trying anyway! I suppose you never know when someone drops off their old collection that they haven't touched in years to try and make a few bucks.

Picked up a Bar stamped Omega run in that r-pro blend today.

Also anyone in the Cary area that throws buzzes, the Crossroads PIAS has a bunch of first run Glow Z buzzes hiding in the back corner.

my 2 most recent

CE firebird, TL, 2 dx rocs:
4006878264_fcc0c0ddb2.jpg

10x Eagle, 2 11x teebirds
4006877610_8ef331cc06.jpg

mzuleger said:
my 2 most recent

CE firebird, TL, 2 dx rocs:
4006878264_fcc0c0ddb2.jpg

did you rob my basement....i have a firebird just like that....the big slick roc...and a few white rocs with purple text :)

rusch_bag said:
I hate seeing you post in this thread cause it means I missed out.

The appleton PIAS is over-flowing with plastic right now... it's a good thing I have a little restraint because it could have been bad. I'm actually surprised these guys aren't selling them at underpar.

I think I stumbled upon a Champish Star batch:
4048488762_6fce1e5dd6.jpg

2 eagles and a leopard.
I don't buy champ. plastic much, but these are opaque and softish- definately not stiff. I was wondering if there was any way besides feel to identify champish star.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just a batch of opaque champ. Its just from the weighting agent. Champy star is star plastic with more champ than pro plastic in the blend.

dgdave said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just a batch of opaque champ. Its just from the weighting agent. Champy star is star plastic with more champ than pro plastic in the blend.

No, that's cool, always wanted to try an Eagle, and opaque champ is cool looking anyway.

Also, I think that every champy star disc i have seen has had a star stamp on it, not a champ one. (could very easily be wrong about this)

Dave's probably right, I'm no expert, and I don't really buy much champ type plastic. It's just the texture that threw me through a loop, it feels softer.

Went into the PIAS in Salem OR to trade in some plastic, and they gave me a full refund on my Champ Monarch. It had only been field thrown and no ink, so it looked new, but I wasn't expecting full value. I didn't even ask - they volunteered.

Latest posts