• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

rooneytunes said:
Picked up a Pro Classic Roc today. I've never seen one in person and it feels awesome. Who has thrown these and what can one expect?
4191492182_4827867c04.jpg
Very straight at lower speeds, perfect for stand still shots. Lots of glide.

found a limited edition elite x buzzz (stamped that way), stamped wasp on the back, marked as super straight modified wasp on the front. Is this worth anything or am I just s.o.l.?

Picked up a 175g black proto soft Wizard and a nicely beat 180g Rancho Roc from 2004 for $10 fom PIAS in Carrollton, TX. Also grabbed a $4 mystery disc with a weird tourney stamp from 1989 (David Bruner Birthday Bash...with a cartoon drawing of a little kid wearing a cowboy hat playing a mickey mouse guitar) that I think is a Lightning F-4 Corsair. Looks a lot like a beadless Roc with a less blunt nose.

ps - there were 2 brand new, slightly translucent, red "appOved" QMegas on the 20% off rack...something like $12 each if any Mill throwers are interested.

riverboy said:
rooneytunes said:
Picked up a Pro Classic Roc today. I've never seen one in person and it feels awesome. Who has thrown these and what can one expect?
How does it compare to the DX?

JHern said:
riverboy said:
rooneytunes said:
All of the pros I have had have been quite similar to DX. The pro is a bit more stable, but not like the champion classics. They glide pretty much the same too. Obviously it takes a bit longer to trash than Dx but not that long. Edit: I have no experience with newer DX classic rocs so there may be some variation between new and old. IDK.

riverboy said:
JHern said:
riverboy said:
rooneytunes said:
All of the pros I have had have been quite similar to DX. The pro is a bit more stable, but not like the champion classics. They glide pretty much the same too. Obviously it takes a bit longer to trash than Dx but not that long. Edit: I have no experience with newer DX classic rocs so there may be some variation between new and old. IDK.

hey riverboy, are you charlie by chance?

riverboy said:
JHern said:
riverboy said:
rooneytunes said:
Cool. Well, I don't know if I'll ever come across one, but if I do I'll probably try to acquire it. I love the newer DX Classic Rocs. I've just beat one into perfect condition and had a chance to throw it downhill on a 425' hole in Napa that I parked. The glide is very nice.

The Champion Classic Roc is also intriguing, but I'm sure it is much more stable, no? Also seems like little chance of ever coming across one.

Anyone been to the Pias in Lincoln, NE? Figured since I was up in NE, I'd stop by and see if they had anything lying around. Hopefully I can find something good. Gonna call tomorrow before I head down there. See if I can pull anything worthwhile if they have any used disc.

death by hyzer said:
riverboy said:
JHern said:
riverboy said:
rooneytunes said:

hey riverboy, are you charlie by chance?
Nope. Name is Tom.

JHern said:
riverboy said:
JHern said:
riverboy said:
rooneytunes said:
Cool. Well, I don't know if I'll ever come across one, but if I do I'll probably try to acquire it. I love the newer DX Classic Rocs. I've just beat one into perfect condition and had a chance to throw it downhill on a 425' hole in Napa that I parked. The glide is very nice.

The Champion Classic Roc is also intriguing, but I'm sure it is much more stable, no? Also seems like little chance of ever coming across one.
The Champions are indeed more overstable. Glide is less too but still decent.

It wasn't a great find or at PIAS, but at Great Outdoor Provision I scored a QJLS for 11.95. I was pretty stoked on saving 3 dollars or so.

Well, not at PIAS, but at Last Stop Cd Shop today, I found:
Pro Valkyrie, probably a 9/10, used for 3.99
Brand new Opto Striker, supposedly used though, 5.99
Brand new Opto Riot, supposedly used also, 5.99
I was pretty happy :)

Anyone who sells Lat 64 stuff for 2 dollars or whatever has to be mentally unstable.

Nice finds.

tigel said:
Anyone who sells Lat 64 stuff for 2 dollars or whatever has to be mentally unstable.

Nice finds.

Ha I agree. Good for me, bad for them. And I swear, the person who sold these discs must have stole them from Scheel's, then sold them right away or something, because they are literally brand new.

MizzouTiger26, who are you? i see that we both live in sioux falls.