• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

The hot stamp seemed to go deep into the flight plate and is not 100% lined up between the bubbles and the letters. I am pretty sure now that it is CE.

I picked up a couple more QMS discs that are "appoved" that are different. They have a clear plastic to them and the nose is smooth and the sharp flashing is on the bottom. They are also very stiff plastic. Will these fly similar? I can't throw them yet as they are clear and we have set a new record locally for most consecutive days of too much snow on the ground.

Leopard said:
Steve said:
Here is a pic. It has the flashing on the outer tip of the wing. I picked up a couple more QMS discs and they are a lot clearer of a plastic than my orange one is. The clear ones also have the sharp flashing on the bottom of the lip and smooth wing tips. I sure wish the search function worked so I didn't have to ask so many questions.
I can't tell for sure for sure, but I'd lean towards CE

Mainly looking at the fingertips that show through the flightplate, and the depth of the stamp imression

Really? I disagree and say probably not CE. The Ce QMS I've handled were totally opaque and would not have shown the fingertips.They all had wicked sharp flashing too.

Here's a pic
DSCI0648.jpg

KC 11x Aviar 4.99
First run Pro Teebird 4.99
Z magnet 4.99
Photon glo XL 4.99

Just sold the teebird and aviar on ebay for a combined $28!

Seeing as I have no PIAS around me that sell used plastic...Can some of you guys that find some cool rare stuff keep an eye out for me for any 3X or Soft 4X JK Aviar's? Any weight will do. Thanks, I'll make it worth your while as long as you don't try to scam me.

Thanks guys!
Check my feedback it's all positive.
TRB

Tim Red Beard said:
Seeing as I have no PIAS around me that sell used plastic...Can some of you guys that find some cool rare stuff keep an eye out for me for any 3X or Soft 4X JK Aviar's?

I know there are a couple jk aviars at the PIAS near me, I'm not sure what X they are though. I'll take a look next time i'm there.

Roy said:
Really? I disagree and say probably not CE. The Ce QMS I've handled were totally opaque and would not have shown the fingertips.They all had wicked sharp flashing too.

Here's a pic
DSCI0648.jpg
:D I've had a lot of CE QMS :mrgreen:
there are some that are nearly as translucent as the cloudy Champ ones, though most are varying levels of opaque

no other run has ever been stamped as deep as the CE, and he can tell now that the stamps aren't perfectly lined up

Also there are Appoved stamps on all three types/runs of QMS. They're not super common, but they exist. I can post a photo if I ever unpack my plastic library.

Roy said:
Leopard said:
Steve said:
Here is a pic. It has the flashing on the outer tip of the wing. I picked up a couple more QMS discs and they are a lot clearer of a plastic than my orange one is. The clear ones also have the sharp flashing on the bottom of the lip and smooth wing tips. I sure wish the search function worked so I didn't have to ask so many questions.
I can't tell for sure for sure, but I'd lean towards CE

Mainly looking at the fingertips that show through the flightplate, and the depth of the stamp imression

Here's a pic
DSCI0648.jpg

p2080101.jpg

Well I found a couple more brand new CE QMS's tonight at a local disc golf and incense store. They both have the two color stamp and are opaque. The QMS's must have been on the shelf a LONG time because they had 30% off stickers on them. It is the exact ame disc and plastic as the one without the stamp.

With the stamp, I'd say yes they are CE. Why'd you post the pic of the one without a stamp :p ?

In person I've only seen dayglow and blue. Looks like you have a nice find.

They smell like money, right Steve?

riverboy said:
Do they smell nice?
Like a head shop!

Roy said:
With the stamp, I'd say yes they are CE. Why'd you post the pic of the one without a stamp :p ?
In person I've only seen dayglow and blue. Looks like you have a nice find.
They smell like money, right Steve?
They do smell! I was trying to find out if the one without a stamp was CE. Once I knew how to identify it I went out searching and immediatly found two more.

Leopard said:
jebus that's an amazing find !!
30% off CE plastic :lol:
I asked them if 30% off was the best they could do and they wouldn't budge. I figured since we just got another 7" of snow on top of the 9" that was already out there they may be willing to haggle. I walked away with 2 brand new CE QMS's for $28.17 but the used one without the stamp only cost me $8.

I had a good take last night:
CE eagle-x
JK 4x Valk (looks very CE-ish... not real transparent)
Sanny Big Bird Roc
and a Innova mystery disc... It has a pink floyd prism dye on it now but I can just barely see the shadow of a "Worlds biggest disc golf weekend" stamp on it. Does anyone know a lot about the history of this tourney that could help identify this disc?

mzuleger said:
and a Innova mystery disc... It has a pink floyd prism dye on it now but I can just barely see the shadow of a "Worlds biggest disc golf weekend" stamp on it. Does anyone know a lot about the history of this tourney that could help identify this disc?

There were tons of discs produced with a Worlds Biggest stamp. It's sorta like Ice Bowl.

mzuleger said:
Sanny Big Bird Roc

You can send this to me for the info I hooked you up with :).

mzuleger said:

You can check www.wbdgw.com. Here is the short version. May not be complete.

dx putter - aviar
dx mid - roc
dx driver - valk
champion driver - beast
soft putter - omega ss
sirius (star) drivers - polaris, jls, solf, sols

At the local PIAS i found a treasure chest of plastic. Also as a note this is the first time i have seen used discs for sale at ours here in melbourne.

170g 9/10 esp comet
176g 7/10 11x kc roc
175g 9.5/10 kc pro teebird
173g 8/10 kc pro teebird

Grand total after tax 21.16

I felt like i was robbing them when i walked out the door.

ADiscand3Plates said:
mzuleger said:

You can check http://www.wbdgw.com. Here is the short version. May not be complete.

dx putter - aviar
dx mid - roc
dx driver - valk
champion driver - beast
soft putter - omega ss

sun king still has some world's biggest sharks from 97 also

Animix said:
ADiscand3Plates said:
mzuleger said:

You can check http://www.wbdgw.com. Here is the short version. May not be complete.

dx putter - aviar
dx mid - roc
dx driver - valk
champion driver - beast
soft putter - omega ss

sun king still has some world's biggest sharks from 97 also
I have a "Worlds Biggest" Cobra from the late 90s, so add that one to the list.

What plastic and stamp is it? That will be the best indication of what disc it is.

Mr. Plow said:
What plastic and stamp is it? That will be the best indication of what disc it is.

It's champ and it's a driver... I can't tell what the date is on the stamp but I can tell it's not one of the stamps on the wbdgw site.

I compared it to a couple discs, so far I can say it is not an orc or a new mold beast.

Latest posts