• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Went to local PIAS and was shifting through last summers remnants. The guy at the counter then tells me they just got a box in from Innova. He lets me open the box and go through it. Boy, that was so cool, being able to be the first to fondle those discs. I picked out two DX Rocs and two DX Teebirds, the DX plastic felt great! Stiff, yet chewy on the center. It was like christmas.

He also said that next week they are getting boxes of X-outs from Innova and Discraft. I told him to call me. 8)

Scored a Special edition super roc for $6. The pic makes it look a little beat but it's actually in pretty good shape maybe 8 out of 10..... but is it worth anything (according to this auctionit is but there are a lot of over priced discs on ebay)?

4407979004_60fdbd5a9e.jpg

Super rocs are ranchos in a plastic that doesnt beat in very well.

It depends on the thrower, but it's probably not worth too much. Maybe it's worth putting on Ebay or trying to trade. who knows.

mzuleger said:
Scored a Special edition super roc for $6. The pic makes it look a little beat but it's actually in pretty good shape maybe 8 out of 10..... but is it worth anything (according to this auctionit is but there are a lot of over priced discs on ebay)?

4407979004_60fdbd5a9e.jpg

Those are good rocs, SE rocs are not super rocs.

ya it is different from the current super roc's you see. I have 2 that I bought used. They feel f-ing awesome but the dome's are somewhat warped and I haven't really gotten around to fixing them. doubt I ever fix them or throw them, more of a wall item I bought for like 2 bucks each ya know :D

good find! you should have a PM from me now :D

Those are the ones that feel kind of like 11x KC plastic if I remember correctly. The SE discs came in a variety of different plastics. Much better (as mentioned) than those shitty pro super rocs.

Mmmmmm....Old School SE Roc's. Back when I first started playing, everybody had one of these things in their bag. I remember around 2003, the price of these things went sky high because they were getting hard to find. I have seen them go for as much as $50 when new. And around $20 when used...but not abused.

Found a 9/10 Blue S PD today. $5.99

I will trade it.

Also picked up a factory second Star Gator for $12

wdb4th said:
factory second
go on...
wdb4th said:
Star Gator
uhoh!
wdb4th said:
effed and double effed!

:) sorry not really passing such judgement, i just never liked any *G8rz
but most interestingly... x-out star @ $12? a little surprising but it's been a loooong time since i browsed an x-out selection, so a few bucks below msrp maybe ain't that bad.

BRIEF THREADSLIDE:

what do you guys pay for x-outs in your local store?
what do you guys pay for x-outs online?
what do you guys charge for an xj?

discnation needs xouts sir. shit even PIAS has them but it is like all champ stingrays and RR and shit. i love xouts.

zj1002 said:
discnation needs xouts sir. shit even PIAS has them but it is like all champ stingrays and RR and shit. i love xouts.
yeah my original pro shop job-place carried x-outs and i do so miss the savings. i'll bring this up to the seniority soon.

:lol: just recalled a straightedge kid who bought a used x-out because it had an X on it :lol: :lol:
"this disc is relevant to my interests"

As that is the closets thing I can come to for a local disc shop, until I found another store, more to come on that. Besides it wasn't $18. And it flies like my CFRs.

Leopard said:
what do you guys charge for an xj?

I charge significantly less for an xj than I do for a zj... if you have to ask how much a zj costs, you most likely can't afford it.

Latest posts