• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

If any of you guys come across 80's and 90's Discraft stuff, especially anything first run, please let me know. Maybe we could work out a deal worth your while.

cmlasley said:
Steve said:
cmlasley said:
I feel like I'm on a Heep message board with all this XJ and ZJ talk. How much for a flatty?

I use my xj to get to pias and look for nice used ce qms.....

Why did you change flatty to fatty? I don't like fattys, I like flattys.

Sorry, just got a little involved with the word play. Changed it back for ya.

I finally bought a Champion BB Aviar that was in the used bin. It has a Ken Climo 11x Aviar stamp. It is a San Marino mold and the plastic is soft and bendy. Is there anyone who could shed some light on this disc?

there's a 2002 Tourney stamped midrange that is CE plastic at my PIAS. It has a similar feel to the MS and it is an ontario mold. Is that what you're looking for?

rooneytunes said:
there's a 2002 Tourney stamped midrange that is CE plastic at my PIAS. It has a similar feel to the MS and it is an ontario mold. Is that what you're looking for?

probably
I think there were a lot of 2002 Doubles CE QMS out there
how much is it and how would you rate it on the sleepy?

might have to work something out

Benton said:
$50 for a used Innova DISCatcher Sport.
Nice score.

Now go to the hardware store and buy 9 "S" hooks, 30' of chain and a foot long piece of copper rod to add inner chains. I did this to mine and it makes it WAY better at catching.

While your at it replace the screws that come with it too. The ones that come with it suck.

brand new "used" star destroyer-$8.99
11x champ firebird-$5.99
11x kc pro gazelle-$5.99
old stamp dx cobra-$3.99

I stopped in to my local pias today, they had an old glo whippet for 3.99, and a ton of discraft stuff from the early 90s brand new. The discraft stuff was perfect, but was stamped with the seconds stamp on the bottom. They were all tourny stamps from the early 90's, so I wonder if they happened to find a large stash or something.

If anyone is interested in the Whippet or anything else let me know. I will run over and buy them for you.

There's a Scott Stokely xl at our pias, too bad Im on a gazelle kick at the moment. I've also picked up two 10x kc pro eagles that are perfectly beat in, along with two of the old firm wizards that are the old crazy stiff ones, aaaaand two blue chiefs(h wizards). There always seem to be several tourney pro cyclones in there.

*edit - it seems good finds come in pairs, I also picked up two candy kc pro gazelles not too long ago.

Glock23 said:
I stopped in to my local pias today, they had an old glo whippet for 3.99, and a ton of discraft stuff from the early 90s brand new. The discraft stuff was perfect, but was stamped with the seconds stamp on the bottom. They were all tourny stamps from the early 90's, so I wonder if they happened to find a large stash or something.

If anyone is interested in the Whippet or anything else let me know. I will run over and buy them for you.

this time of year that stuff always shows up. grab any heavy comets you find and i'll pay you back.

mzuleger said:
Glock23 said:

this time of year that stuff always shows up. grab any heavy comets you find and i'll pay you back.

I will run over today and see what I can find.

Not a PIAS find but yesterday at the course I came across a dude selling some sweet discs right off the hood of his truck and scored a 10x KC Pro Teebird. an 11x KC Pro Gazelle and a 11x KC Firebird all nearly brand new for 20 bucks. :p

Not a PLIAS find, but I did manage to score a 11x kc pro tee bird off my buddy. it's beautiful and I got it for practically nothing.

Latest posts