• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

They might not be worth a lot, but I got all these Stable Mid-Range Driver Rocs for $7 each, brand new. Considering the recent Roc+ fiasco, I'm excited to be set with Rocs for a while.

Three Rocs:

KC Pro, butter-beat, 5/10
2002 tourney, Twiggy-flat Ching, sweet spot, 6/10
Ontario Glo, 8/10

$7.71, with tax.

emiller3 said:
They might not be worth a lot, but I got all these Stable Mid-Range Driver Rocs for $7 each, brand new. Considering the recent Roc+ fiasco, I'm excited to be set with Rocs for a while.

Are the new DX Rocs with the flight numbers on the stamp Roc+?

[/quote]Are the new DX Rocs with the flight numbers on the stamp Roc+?[/quote]

The ones at my PIAS are not the R+ mold. For me I grabbed an R Pro Roc and used it as a comparison. It makes it easier to tell.

Cali said:
emiller3 said:

ive come to the conclusion that none of them are actually the + mold (they have a different tooling) however they are definitely still slanted....my best guess is that they retooled the rancho with a mildly slanted rim (right between the R+ and real rancho) either way i dont like it

speaking of rocs...

just got a 10x kc pro roc today, 180g, 7/10, no ink

a 10/10 175g white 1st run star destroyer in packaging

and a 10x kc pro eagle, 8/10, no ink

thank you pias and a local dg'er.

Is there a PIAS in St. Louis? I might have to make a pitstop when I am there in few weeks.

Jesse B 707 said:
Cali said:
emiller3 said:

ive come to the conclusion that none of them are actually the + mold (they have a different tooling) however they are definitely still slanted....my best guess is that they retooled the rancho with a mildly slanted rim (right between the R+ and real rancho) either way i dont like it
I said something to this effect not too long ago and everyone completely dismissed it. I mean that they're not Roc+, the rim is just slightly slanted. You really think they retooled the mold? I can't fathom why Innova would mess with one of its most popular discs. At any rate, I don't like the huge dome they have on them. Rancho Rocs should NOT have a poppy top! Speaking of which, I just bought 5 Ranchos from the '05 Worlds Biggest and they're kinda domey. Are these from that really stable run I've seen people talk about?

I usualy miss out on good finds but today went ok. I blame you guys for this becouse I grabbed stuff even though I am not going to use it. I spent ten bucks for the following both with no ink.

KC Pro 10X Firebird 8/10
KC Pro 11X Gazelle 9/10

Glow Eagle-L 2003 Tourney Stamp $8.99 - feels very much like CE but I have never had a glow CE. Discgolfsweden info makes me think this the right time since glow champ Eagles were run starting in 2002 with CE and then stopped until 2008 with the current champ glow. Got a couple throw's in and this thing is pretty dead nuts straight and stable when thrown flat.

Just picked up the following on my lunch break:

(2) 11x champ teebirds, both in real good condition for 7.99 each
(1) 12x KC Pro Roc, practically brand new for 5.99

Well, the PIAS here in Charlotte, NC almost always has very little when I visit because of how many golfers there are around here but today was truly my first set of great finds. See what you guys think.

CE Firebird $8 8/10
SE Leopard $2 7/10
Bar Stamp DX Leopard 8/10
TP Cyclone $4 7/10
TP Cyclone $3 7/10
X Comet $8 7/10 (perfect level of beatness plus grippy old X plastic)
Jaguar! $4 8/10

AWESOME!

Sorry Spinthrift :twisted:

Not PIAS but a buddy of mine hooked me up yesterday... we pulled up to the first hole and he says "Hey, i added a roc to my bag." and then pulls out a gently used 8x KC Pro roc. He then says "just kidding, I was playing with a friend that had this and I had to get it for you" as he hands it to me free of charge ... gotta love good friends.

Also not PIAS but my buddy has tons of plastic in bins laying around so I thought I would check it out. and walked away with........

FIRST RUN Z PREDATOR (w/ghost lion stamp) 8/10
FIRST RUN Z XTREME (w/ghost stamp Z) 8/10
4-Elite Z FLAT Predators 8/10
Players cup tracker 9/10

All 7 discs for just 3 Z FIRST RUN NUKES and prob a few more discs down the road