• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Trey133 said:
The PIAS where I live now in Charlotte knows disc golf veerrrry well. Too well.

The only used disc I've found worth anything was a zipper top champ rhyno. When I was buying it he asked why it was special, I told him I normally look for the zipper topped rhynos as I've found them to be a bit older and more stable. I came in last week, and he told me about how he's looking at used rhyno's more carefully when they come in now... I'm not telling him ANYTHING anymore :(

Yeah I was in there the other week and found a couple of stock-stamped first run Destroyers, and when I was checking out the guy there (I think I know who you're talking about) kept hassling me about why I wanted some beat up old-looking Destroyers. I just told him I liked beat up plastic. He's done that several times, as I have found some gems there.

It is the Pineville PIAS. And yes, I will forever remain mute when I'm in there looking around.

He's good.

Trey133 said:
It is the Pineville PIAS. And yes, I will forever remain mute when I'm in there looking around.

He's good.

At Am Dubs the other week I cleaned them out of old used rocs. They had like 4 old DX rocs from 03-05 in there for $4 a piece. Dude asked me about them and I just said I like used rocs.

Frank Delicious said:
Trey133 said:

He's good.

At Am Dubs the other week I cleaned them out of old used rocs. They had like 4 old DX rocs from 03-05 in there for $4 a piece. Dude asked me about them and I just said I like used rocs.

I thoroughly believe that they are in a business agreemend with "777salvage" on ebay (for those of you who don't know, he's the guy who pond dives in Charlotte and Rock Hill) and whatever good stuff they get in they just split with him to sell it on his ebay site.

Tricky tricky tricky.

good millennium day at work and PIAS

Orange QMS - from my favorite stiff opaque orange run(best next to CE available)
1.1 QOLF
Sanny Q-Sent
Omega AP 1.11

and I had thrown my favorite thrower Omega AP 1.11 into a pond. A local pro found it and dropped it off at PIAS for me. So awesome.

8/10 ce stingray, 8/10 tp cyclone, and 9/10 star dart for a total of $22.

found a 172 Pro Pig in the bin... 6/10.. $5.. i was happy with myself.

11x Teebird 8/10 at the Pineville Matthews PIAS. 6 bux.

The dude asked me what was special about it... I poker faced the shit out of him.

if the guy working is asking about a disc to try to find its value i'd reply with a n00b response like "the color is sweet" or "i like the stamp".

They're all "in the know" there.

It makes me feel sketched out to get questioned about the discs I buy... every single time.

Frank Delicious said:
Here in Raleigh they don't ask you what's special about it b/c they already know.

same in Austin. I make sure to go when a certain person isn't working. And then I have to beat Disc Junkie, Booter and his crew to the punch.

I still don't know why they come dig through the Disc Nation bins. Its only good for stock stuff :D

Frank Delicious said:
Here in Raleigh they don't ask you what's special about it b/c they already know.

And have a deal worked out with a certain pro (who will remain nameless) for anything valuable :)

Trey133 said:
11x Teebird 8/10 at the Pineville Matthews PIAS. 6 bux.

The dude asked me what was special about it... I poker faced the shit out of him.

What's the dude's name? Is it Jason? I think he is the reason that for the most part there are nothing but crappy dx discs or champ beats or Vikings. Last year I routinely picked up nice stuff including a 1st Run SPD, CE firebird, and stock stamp echo star and first run star destroyers. Now its just a crapshoot.

i've got a buddy working at our local pias now, but we throw a lot of the same discs though. the nearest course is maybe 20 minutes away from the store, so they don't usually have a lot of used stuff to choose from, let alone many gems.

now that they have a disc golfer in their staff he's gotten on the ball and moved a lot of junk discs that have sat there for years. they're carrying lat, westside, mvp, and legacy now instead of just innova, discraft, discmania, and gateway.

I picked up a beat 11x KC Roc for $5 at PIAS in Brandon the other day. Didn't get asked about it. :D

Of course, that's by far the best used disc I've ever found there; that PIAS stinks.

Jeez, there's a ton o' crap discs in the PIAS pile here. But somehow the growing ranks of "in the know" missed:
>Stiff, white, 168 1.1 SOLF (marked SOF), 9.5/10, no ink
>Taffy, white, 172 10X Eagle-X, 7/10 (in a very sweet way), no ink
With ten buck gift card from recent tourney players pack they cost me 70 cents.