• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome! Lots of people have been out there this week! Snow will probably be gone in a week from now. Nice to see a local photo in here!

Yea, it's been great weather...a little windy, but super nice...I think spring may finally be here. Thinking of snowboarding then discing tomorrow...

Should be a good time.

Thanks again. See you soon.

Took this today... Bottom one is same photo edited...

zebpaperbw.jpg

randomzeb1.jpg

Previous attempt, an epic fail. Second try.

All pictures were taken by my 11 year old daughter. 04/23/11 at Red Oak, Burnsville,

5648530662_74321f1519.jpg

I was warmer the first round and put on my vest and winter hat for the second round.
5647956001_ba4f2768c5.jpg

Just the look of determination on my face when lining on up the upshot.
5648526568_6c0b7a4b23.jpg

I have more on my photostream. With a few pointers my daughter is going to be taking even more amazing photos (catch the full body in motion, just not the stomach up). She has made herself the league photographer. Up to know she has disliked coming out with me, but with this role she is more than excited to come out every single time.

I was scrolling through the page and saw the middle picture and thought it looked familiar. Hole 13 tee, correct?

I was scrolling through the page and saw the middle picture and thought it looked familiar. Hole 13 tee, correct?

Had to be later in the first round of 10 holes because I am still out in my long-sleeved short and baseball hat. It is Hole 10 I think. I wore the winter hat and the vest for the second round of 10. The picture was taken a moment before release so I must be facing about 10 to 10:30 off the intended line. The camera is perpendicular to the teebox if that makes sense.

Top of the hill to the upper right of the picture, that is the chips and platform for the Hole 7/17 area right?

Here is the url to that specific picture. In the photostream you should find the rest of the Red Oak pictures my daughter took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60166441@N02/5647956001/

Just to add a note here. The disc pictured is my Gold Line Havoc. To my recollection I only threw that on Hole 10. I get a little messed up on which was which, but for Hole 3/13 once I drove with a clear/dyed River and the other time I hyzer-bombed a grape Ape. Both times I took a two.

As you can see by this picture I am leaving the nose a little higher than I would like at this stage of the throw. I believe I then over-corrected during the snap and sent it to the right, clipping a tree, forcing me to take a 4 on this hole. Using a River as a stand-and-deliver long range mid has given me nothing short of some miracle approaches.

Had to be later in the first round of 10 holes because I am still out in my long-sleeved short and baseball hat. It is Hole 10 I think. I wore the winter hat and the vest for the second round of 10. The picture was taken a moment before release so I must be facing about 10 to 10:30 off the intended line. The camera is perpendicular to the teebox if that makes sense.

Top of the hill to the upper right of the picture, that is the chips and platform for the Hole 7/17 area right?

Here is the url to that specific picture. In the photostream you should find the rest of the Red Oak pictures my daughter took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60166441@N02/5647956001/

If you're on 10's teebox you're facing the wrong way. And the tee in the upper right is for hole 4.

If you're on 10's teebox you're facing the wrong way. And the tee in the upper right is for hole 4.

Having only played this course twice, I can remember how I did but identifying where I am based upon a picture is going to be difficult. Ultimately I was trying to figure out where I was based upon Dion walking in the background (red shirt just to my left). He was in the group behind us.

The only thing I know for sure is that it had to be during the first round of 10 because after 10 I stopped at my car and got my vest and winter hat. Beyond that, I will take your word for it. Either way, it was a lot of fun to play and it is nice to finally have some pictures of me playing because normally I am the one taking pictures.

Some images of disc golf in New Zealand that I pulled from discgolf.co.nz.

TgaCrewAtMcLarensLGE.jpg

rotoruaDiscGolfChamps13.jpg

2010NZDGMatchPlayChamps05.jpg

SmokingMountain10HomePage.jpg

sunRays.jpg

Sorry to quote all these pics, but I don't think they're hurting any eyes. I'm studying abroad in New Zealand next Spring and I hope I can get out to a course. From these pics it would probably be a top highlight of the semester.

Red Oak is my 'home course' so i can pretty much tell what whole you're on just from a vague picture of the trees (which there are many many many on this course). You're right it is 10's tee (too far to the left to be 13's) but you are still facing the wrong way :p

Red Oak is my 'home course' so i can pretty much tell what whole you're on just from a vague picture of the trees (which there are many many many on this course). You're right it is 10's tee (too far to the left to be 13's) but you are still facing the wrong way :p

If I am correct, this should be during my second step of my x-step. During my second step I turn my back to the basket. Could this be the reason I am facing the wrong direction? If this is Hole 10's box, this should put my daughter to the right of the box, and going from left to right on the picture the basket would be to the right of the picture?

@smarkquart, I was checkin' your your photo stream an was floored to see Forest.:eek: I met up with Martin Dewgarita and Forest the following Fri @ Gunn Park in Fort Scott, KS and @ McClelland DGC Ice Bowl the next day @ Joplin, MO

5493136865_9ce7a56953_b.jpg

"It's A Small World" after all:hfive:

@smarkquart, I was checkin' your your photo stream an was floored to see Forest.:eek: I met up with Martin Dewgarita and Forest the following Fri @ Gunn Park in Fort Scott, KS and @ McClelland DGC Ice Bowl the next day @ Joplin, MO

5493136865_9ce7a56953_b.jpg

"It's A Small World" after all:hfive:

Definitely. Martin gets around.

Pretty cool to have 88 players at Hyzer Creek this weekend. Glad to be a part of making it happen.

5674688032_ed9c9504ff_z.jpg

Hmmmmmmm, did it go in? Or did it get wet?

101257_g.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.