• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. This is the tee shot (taken last Sept.)...

100_2082.jpg

My only ace is on this hole :thmbup:

18 is a little bit of a hike away from 17 at Loris and you know you're going to end the course way away from the parking lot but I was psyched to find a water hole with a protected green. Looks like those trees were thinned out since I was there last July. That's a nice picture. It makes that throw look a lot further than I recall it being.

Where's RussMB? He loves Loris.

18 is a little bit of a hike away from 17 at Loris and you know you're going to end the course way away from the parking lot but I was psyched to find a water hole with a protected green. Looks like those trees were thinned out since I was there last July. That's a nice picture. It makes that throw look a lot further than I recall it being.

Where's RussMB? He loves Loris.

I played there over spring break. Yes the pic does make it look far but it's such a fun hole to play I actually played the hole a second time (the course was DEAD! Its a very changelling course for me anyway but i'd play it again in a heartbeat.

It's not a long course but Loris has that special "something". A lot of players I've talked to seem to leave the course with a good feeling even if it doesn't have any other very impressive holes.

I love overhands but I don't have very good distance. I would love to be able to throw #18 overhand.

Wow. How far is it over that water? I'm thinkin' I'll throw some DX!

It's 259' to the pin but land is probably only 200' to the green (if that).

I can't figure out how to link to it directly but goto Loris' Media page below and find the last pic (page 2). It has a nice basket-to-tee picture.

The biggest water risk on this hole is hitting the trees and falling short.
I don't have a big arm and I threw an easy spike hyzer over the water and trees.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3763&p=d280f374

I would love to be able to throw #18 overhand.

That's exactly what I was thinking looking at that picture. I don't think I'd be able to make it over that though. Not even sure if my backhand would make it...have to look at the distance, and even then if I'd end up throwing a bit off it could smack a tree and be in the water anyways.

edit: 259ft so I take that back, my backhand should do fine at that distance, my forehand probably wouldn't though :\.

Last edited:
That's straight sexy! I feel sorry for that one poor tree.

Wow. How far is it over that water? I'm thinkin' I'll throw some DX!

its not that far, first time i threw that fly dye eagle you see in the pic, second time i threw an esp wasp and cleared it pretty easily. 200' over the water? maybe a little less

5694153159_12745c6847.jpg

Spring Fling 2011 in Budmerice Slovakia

temp course on beautiful manicured grounds of an old chateau (that you see in the background)
me, my wife, and a couple of friends went to Hungary for a vacation and we took time to stop off for this little tournament

we had a great time...after we found it
half hour outside of Bratislava

5694153159_12745c6847.jpg

Spring Fling 2011 in Budmerice Slovakia

temp course on beautiful manicured grounds of an old chateau (that you see in the background)
me, my wife, and a couple of friends went to Hungary for a vacation and we took time to stop off for this little tournament

we had a great time...after we found it
half hour outside of Bratislava

Nice. If I played there I would have problems not trying to talk proper during the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.