• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a pic of your favorite "Tunnel Hole"

hole 4 at blue ribbon pines

aefe845f.jpg

12e8c988.jpg

hole #5 and hole #9 at Harry Myers in Rockwall Texas.

view_image.php

hole #5 This is a bad picture. Taken when the course was first built. The tee is about 25ft up at the top of a hill. All sorts of trees in the way now.
199 ft. only chance of ace is to get a good skip into the basket. Most people try to throw their disc pretty hard on this hole but the trick is to just toss your mid range down the middle and skip it along the ground.

view_image.php

hole#9 is a 330 ft par 4. also a bad picture. right in front of the tee is a 15 foot hill that you have to throw over. making this hole difficult. its tough to keep the disc down once you pass the hill. fairway drops back down right over a little drainage creek. then back up the hill again with the basket behind a big tree. very tough birdie.

actually this course has 4 pretty good tunnel holes. 5, 6, 7, and 9, all have their own feel though. 6 is long and straight blind hole. 7 curves off left, blind hole,

cant get picture links to work right so here is the course picture gallery

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=1347&mode=gal#

Last edited:
I've hit the basket once, Yet I totally agree.. No fairway and 3ft past the basket and your OB. A pure dumb luck hole...
16 is perhaps, IMHO the WORST HOLE (design wise) at West Park... this IS SPRAY AND PRAY GOLF!!.. there is NO fairway the entire time, a huge tree in front of the basket... let er rip and hope A. you find your disc, B. it bounced off something, and you only have to ping pong it of 6 more things for the deuce... Fun hole, kinda, good hole, no, and as for a tunnel, I just overhand it... why would you want to even attempt to throw THROUGH it?

Off the top of my head, I vote for #19 at The Oaks in Mokena... just a damn evil little hole... it's one of those "WTF? I just 6'd a par 3!?!"

Me and hole 8 have a love/hate relationship. But its SOOOOO beautiful to watch one soar straight through...
I LOVE tunnel shots. The tight woods at Winter Park yielded a LOT of tunnels. Oh BTW a tunnel is under a canopy of trees that you could not tomahawk over. Time to get ridiculous here as I wait for my plane, take your pick of these tunnels at Winter Park...
(Okay, got an error by posting more than 5 images, so I'll just post 5 and links to the others)

Hole #3, Blue Tee, 350' long, 20-50' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #7, Blue Tee, 260' long, 30' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #8, Blue Tee and Pin back to Tee, 200' long, 10' wide
eb5f6dad.jpg

2051767f.jpg

Hole 8B, 275' long, 15-25' wide
5eaea0f5.jpg

Pin to Tees

Hole 8D, 325' long, 20-50' wide
92920bd5.jpg

Pin back to Tee
0b7a8d3f.jpg

Hole #9, Blue Tee, 250' long, 15' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #11, Blue Tee, 230' long, 20' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #12, Blue Tee, 220' long, 35' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #14, Blue Tee 200' long, 20' wide
Pin back to Tee

Really, check out this one. It is a signature tunnel and downhill floater.
#13G, Elevated tee down to pin, 295'
Pin to Tees

There are LOTS more tunnels at Winter Park. Almost every wooded hole is a tunnel. There are 6 pages of pictures for you to enjoy!!!