• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

This is my dog Nikko(not named after locastro). Despite being fairly small he can be a handful out on the course when playing solo as he is crazy hyperactive. He absolutely loves his discs/frisbees and can literally chase them for hours and with the trick he uses in the vid you only have to actual throw for him once and he takes care of the rest from there.
Near the end of last summer we also discovered he is really good at swimming out and retrieving floating discs. Ther are a few other vids of him up on youtube as well and if I can get a better one of him swimming for discs I'll get that up on here.

1295333490.half.robskunk_dunkin4.jpg

teddy with a found valk

I like this pic! Rednose chompin' on a disc! I see you're from Naperthrill, I spent 20yrs of my life there. 60563, whut whut! =P

The last few pages we see some, but I feel that the Pitties aren't represented in this thread the same way they are IRL. It seems to me, the dog I see most out on the courses with their masters are PitBull variations. Even more surprising, this seems true in Illinois as it is in Arizona. Wonder if this is just coincidence....

Anyways, here's my staffy, Zay-Zay. She's not a 'disc dog', but loves following me around the course, chasing small animals and lounging in the shade. Usually off the leash, she wouldn't hurt a fly (unless instructed). She's a bit excitable and that usually translates to higher scores for me, oh well!

Attachments

• P3260132.jpg
    P3260132.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_4528.jpg
    100_4528.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 45
I played a fundraiser tournament recently and a guy had his dog there (Marley). If you threw your disc in the woods and could not find it the owner would let the dog sniff your putter and the dog would go into the woods and find it for you. Needless to say Marley was very popular that day.

Here is Frisbee Dog. She was found during a tournament back in 2001. She has played well over 1500 rounds now and she has made it back to the tournament that I found her at every year as well. If you play in the Ohio/Pennsylvania area you are likely to have seen her around. She plays most of her rounds at Knob Hill and can usually be seen killing moles, chipmunks and rabbits. Everytime I say disc golf or Knob Hill, she starts running around the house like a fool.

Great dog who has been to hundreds of tournaments.

Attachments

• Happy 2011 360.jpg
    Happy 2011 360.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 42
Here is Frisbee Dog. She was found during a tournament back in 2001. She has played well over 1500 rounds now and she has made it back to the tournament that I found her at every year as well. If you play in the Ohio/Pennsylvania area you are likely to have seen her around. She plays most of her rounds at Knob Hill and can usually be seen killing moles, chipmunks and rabbits. Everytime I say disc golf or Knob Hill, she starts running around the house like a fool.

Great dog who has been to hundreds of tournaments.

Frisbee Dog!!

I like this pic! Rednose chompin' on a disc! I see you're from Naperthrill, I spent 20yrs of my life there. 60563, whut whut! =P

The last few pages we see some, but I feel that the Pitties aren't represented in this thread the same way they are IRL. It seems to me, the dog I see most out on the courses with their masters are PitBull variations. Even more surprising, this seems true in Illinois as it is in Arizona. Wonder if this is just coincidence....

Anyways, here's my staffy, Zay-Zay. She's not a 'disc dog', but loves following me around the course, chasing small animals and lounging in the shade. Usually off the leash, she wouldn't hurt a fly (unless instructed). She's a bit excitable and that usually translates to higher scores for me, oh well!

nice. where about in the ville? i transferred from bolingbrook about 13 or so years ago. and as sad as it is, the reason for seeing a variaton is because of all the breeding that people try with them. gives the breed such a bad name. dont get me wrong, im all for people adopting pets, but very much against the intentional breeding of pits by those who are uneducated/should not even be owners in the first place.

and your dog is awesome. love the dalmation spots on the ears

nice. where about in the ville? i transferred from bolingbrook about 13 or so years ago. and as sad as it is, the reason for seeing a variaton is because of all the breeding that people try with them. gives the breed such a bad name. dont get me wrong, im all for people adopting pets, but very much against the intentional breeding of pits by those who are uneducated/should not even be owners in the first place.

and your dog is awesome. love the dalmation spots on the ears

I grew up on the north side, went to Naperville North HS. Lived near Ogden & Rt59. It was alright, not my cup of tea, though. The thing is, there are waaaay more courses around Chicagoland than Phoenix. I think I was a bit spoiled playing Mokena, West Park, Channahan, Highland Park, etc...

I'm heading back for a few weeks to visit buddies and throw some discs around. I've got 9 of my friends making the trip up to Highbridge, WI while I'm in town, that should be epic! Also tyring to make it to Michigan for a weekend. Man, too much on my plate, but there are so many sick courses in the Midwest!

The lab is Bad Moon Porter and the mutt is Tempest. They're both a bit young and can be real handful's on the course, but I know in about a year Porter will be the best disc dog on the course. The jury is out on Tempest as she has a tendency to run and a leash on the course can be a bit cumbersome but we keep trying and who know's. I just can't wait to train em to retrieve my Wahoo from the middle of the lagoon. Both are rescue/adoptions that we've had for about a year and a half now.

DSCN4251.jpg

A storyboard: Forest Fishing for Frisbees

Where is it? I know I saw it go in here somewhere
5702292858_e5978ac26b_b1.jpg

What the F are you doing dog?
5701716469_88590e9263_z.jpg

Got it!
5701710333_f0b8c98ac8_b.jpg

Here ya go.
5701708893_b66817c23f_b.jpg

I'm cool.
5702276676_edb209e31c_b.jpg

haha thats awesome. My dog is a machine (she was a bomb detection dog) so she doesn't do that. All she chases is her toy or a stick.

I tried to give him red highlights.

He likes the color.

I was using him as a paintbrush.

Blood from his last kill.

(all explanations I've been giving for him rubbing up against a red barn I was painting)