• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

Here are some of Candy and I at the SPCA K9-3K. I was able to raise $785 and the SPCA of Wake County raised over $230,000 total.

215722_10150151909805846_510630845_7062025_3504379_n.jpg

She decided she would go for a swim
208666_10150151973830846_510630845_7062856_4386697_n.jpg

207605_10150151974435846_510630845_7062865_335694_n.jpg

207548_10150151975240846_510630845_7062872_4543198_n.jpg

And here is one of Candy on the course last week.

215967_10150149153160846_510630845_7040701_843325_n.jpg

I think the "dog haters" are a mixture of people who really don't like animals and people who under normal circumstances would get along fine with animals but have had either too many bad experiences or one really bad experience. Most of the people I meet who are afraid of dogs say their fear was stimulated by being bitten by a dog in early childhood. Most of the people who don't want dogs on the course have been frustrated by overly tolerant owners of misbehaving dogs. The latter have a legitimate emotional motivation, and their perspective deserves at least some consideration. People who simply don't like animals generally seem to me to have some sort of sociopathy, and I tend to avoid their company anyway.

once a dog learns its ok to a chew a disc golf disc can you have them around your other discs?

Yes. Or at least my pit knows the difference between "his" discs and my discs.

Edit: it probably has something to do with his scent being on his discs, idk.

Yes. Or at least my pit knows the difference between "his" discs and my discs.

Edit: it probably has something to do with his scent being on his discs, idk.

My pit is the same way. He can destroy a star or champ disc in a matter of minutes, but I can leave single discs, my bag, anything laying around and he would never chew them unless I give it to him and he knows its his.

Here's a couple of my Dog Niko (not names after the DGer) He's just over 2 now, and he's usually pretty good on the course. I was never really a dog person before, but my GF really wanted a German Shepard so we finally got one. I'm not sure we will ever be without now.

as a puppy
CuteNiko.jpg

at one of my favorite courses.
photo-1.jpg

What kind of leash is that? Doesn't look very user-friendly.

its actually really nice. its just a black/silver braided nylon. very strong with a nice big loop on the end. we've had it for well over a year and its still in great shape, the silver just gets a little dirty. that would be my only complaint.

Does he pull much when you're walking him or chew on the leash? Just curious why you'd want such a heavy one, since I've always been satisfied with the flat webbing leashes.

Does he pull much when you're walking him or chew on the leash? Just curious why you'd want such a heavy one, since I've always been satisfied with the flat webbing leashes.

The lease really isnt that heavy. but does he pull, not anymore, we went through some training courses and he's a pretty good walker now, but chew....yes. He eats everything. I don't know how, but he somehow contorted his neck enough to eat his tags off of his collar. He also slowly chewed his way through the collar receiver on his electric fence collar. we tried "yuck", "bitter apple" watching him closely and telling him no, he wanted to be free lol

luckily he leaves most things alone, but anything that he associates as his, he will chew, and destroy it in seconds.

Here's hoping he eventually grows out of it. Some of that chewing may just be puppy behavior carried through adolescence.

One today of Candy out at Zeb. I don't like the way the writing came out but too lazy to change it now :D...

candyncsu.jpg

Right now she starts to slow down around hole #16. She normally drinks an entire bottle of water on hole #9 and then another after the round. She just got groomed so her hair is really short right now compared to what it can be. As it gets hotter I will probably end up stopping twice during the round and let her have some water. Like holes 6, 12 and then back at the car.