• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Over the last week I picked up a warrior, liked it, went back and got the other one PIAS had, won a Facebook action for another and an auction for a 5 pack of mids from gatewsy (warrior, mystic, scout, karma, and element), was given a matrix and fell in love so now I might not even throw those mids I just bought, used N ion, new 154g Psoft ion, and a champion glow 175 max.

Matrix is money and fills a giant midrange shaped hole in my bag. Warrior also found a slot I didn't really know I needed, but love it too. I want to give the ion a real fair shot at an approach disc. I love my wizards, but the N one I snagged is really nice looking. Baby blue with a little white. I've never seen another mvp disc colored like it. The lightweight one was a on a whim buy. I might give that one to my wife. The max I might try to flip. I never used it when it was in production. After it goes oop seems like a bad time to pick it up

Just picked up to used PFN Star wraiths off of the facebooks for $20. Both 175. Feeling pretty good about it, but looking forward to spring so I can actually throw them with some power instead from a standstill in the snow. Also picked up a new rff wiz and an s wiz that I want to try out for approaches. It's possible that neither will replace the old standby ion.

20 a piece or for both? Either way it's a good deal. Old Pfn star wraiths seem to hold up stability. I have a 168 that has been in the bag for years that is still my go to when I bag it. (When it warms up)

20 a piece or for both? Either way it's a good deal. Old Pfn star wraiths seem to hold up stability. I have a 168 that has been in the bag for years that is still my go to when I bag it. (When it warms up)

It was for both... Which was a great deal. But then the guy bailed and refunded my paypal purchase because shipping was supposedly $8. I told him that there was no way shipping at USPS was $8 if he brought his own packaging. I'd rather have those discs than my money back :mad:

Bought a couple that were in the bargain bin at $5 a piece, an Innova Atlas and a Discraft Challenger Pro-D. Also picked up a D-D Warden Classic plastic. Wife informed me enough is enough, don't even use 95% of the ones I already have! Can't argue with her.

Just went to PIAS for the first time; usually order online, but was in the neighborhood. They had a much larger and varied selection than I had imagined. Picked up a Heat, a Skeeter, and another Comet. Loving the Heat. The Comet is Elite X to complement my Elite Z one. The Skeeter is DX, so it's pretty flippy. Liked the stamp though and I can always use it some easy annys and/or a loaner disc.

I picked up two pink flat top gummy color glow champion (San Marino) Rhynos. The stickers on them just said "gummy" but they are just as flexible as my XG (Rancho) Rhynos. I really like them. It's been abnormally warm here in Wisconsin lately. I got to test them out on my local pitch & putt course. They have less skip than production Champion Rhynos & are more grippy than my (Rancho) XGs. I love them on approach shots & short tee shots. I just hope I don't lose them. I normally hate throwing discs that are hard to replace. I doubt I'll be able to find more of these in a couple years. Unless the GStar Rhyno I just ordered ends up being spectacular, one of these will be in my tournament bag this year.

It was for both... Which was a great deal. But then the guy bailed and refunded my paypal purchase because shipping was supposedly $8. I told him that there was no way shipping at USPS was $8 if he brought his own packaging. I'd rather have those discs than my money back :mad:

I've got three pfn star wraiths I've been trying to unload

I bet they end up right back on facebook on a different auction site...

I bet they end up right back on facebook on a different auction site...

Yeah, that's probably what will become of them, unfortunately. I even sent him a message explaining how to use paypal/shipnow and how it'd only cost him $4. No dice. :wall:So it goes. My search for wraiths continues.

Picked up some of the Fossil Lizards on the Faction website, also got an Enemy to try out from Infinite (I'm trying to phase out the 11+ speed discs in my bag and looking for some other driver options). I have a positive PayPal balance from fantasy football winnings I finally collected on last week and it's burning the proverbial hole in my virtual pocket

Found an old ESP Wasp at PIAS in Norman, OK. Excellent condition aside from the stamp showing a bit of wear. I kinda think it spent some time in the water based on the stains I was able to clean off with dish soap. Looked at a couple of 5 and 6 year old threads and it appears the consensus was that they were less stable than the Z Wasp and flew like a Buzzz. Any recent input on ESP Wasps would be cool.

Also got a sweet 177G Z-Glo Buzzz with a Sun King stamp in almost perfect condition. Paid $10 for both, dude gave me a frequent flier deal.

I just bought a new z Hornet to add to the beat one i threw all last year. I decided that i dont care if its OOP. Im bagging Hornets as long as i can get my hands on them. :thmbup:

My disc buying habit continues lack self control at times. Even though it is winter and I'm not playing that much seems like I'm still buying discs though.

The abnormally, mild lower midwest winter I guess keeps me thinking about dg rather than the other endeavors I like to pursue in the winter: hunting, crock pot cooking, and skiing.

But here are a few shots. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• discsfeb17 001.jpg
    discsfeb17 001.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 57
  • discsfeb17 002.jpg
    discsfeb17 002.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 43
  • discsfeb17 003.jpg
    discsfeb17 003.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 39
Crock pot cooking?

Don't you just throw a bunch of junk in it and walk away for seven hours?

I just bought a new z Hornet to add to the beat one i threw all last year. I decided that i dont care if its OOP. Im bagging Hornets as long as i can get my hands on them. :thmbup:

Don't remember if I posted it here, but the other day I got two Green Hornets before the Hornet goes OOP. I'm stacked up and should have these for years to come.

My disc buying habit continues lack self control at times. Even though it is winter and I'm not playing that much seems like I'm still buying discs though.

The abnormally, mild lower midwest winter I guess keeps me thinking about dg rather than the other endeavors I like to pursue in the winter: hunting, crock pot cooking, and skiing.

But here are a few shots. Thanks for looking.

What are the glow and protostar discs?

Latest posts