• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

1AguvKE.jpg

Recently got this Ace Race Heat to replace the one I lost! I really like this disc and it flies nicely. Here I am teaching pup to fetch the big discs :D.

I went through the used market to aquire my Swedish glide squad.

River and Bolt beat in. Flow and Saint, great stability with some turn and glide. Already feel at home. :)
They'll be my 4 drivers in my 8 disc beginner bag! Also got a Gold flow, might go for that one untill I get better speed. Should cover most throws and distances right?

Attachments

• DSC_0474.jpg
    DSC_0474.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 54
I just bought a 2005 USDGC Champion Roc. Will post pics when it arrives. I'm pretty pumped about it.

I just bought a 2005 USDGC Champion Roc. Will post pics when it arrives. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Off r/discexchange? I almost grabbed it last night but I wimped out... Super jealous!! Let me know how she flies!! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Off r/discexchange? I almost grabbed it last night but I wimped out... Super jealous!! Let me know how she flies!! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one! I knew that I if didn't snatch it up, someone else surely would. I don't know a ton about the USDGC Roc Market, but $25 for a USDGC Roc from 2005, even one that has been a thrower, struck me as a pretty good deal. An impulse buy that I would regret not making.

Not very often do you see old USDGC rocs on reddit or even the auction sites. My hypothesis is that by now most of them have settled into the hands of someone who either wants it as a collector or will bag it forever.

I'll let you know how she flies once she arrives!
:hfive:

Some new plastic over the last few days:
1) Star Teedevil - got one before they go OOP (don't know for sure, just suspect they will). Throws like a longer Krait: straight with dump fade. Shape is "flying saucer" like... like an Archon or Vulcan. Into a headwind, distance is right up there with the Tern.
2) Champion TL - nuff said.
3) orange creamsicle goodness in a Star Stud - is a backup for my main one. Threw very nicely on the course the last couple of rounds.
4) Opto Falchion - needed to get above a magic number to get free shipping,so I went for this 168g Falchion. This thing BOMBS. Gonna give it a much more vigorous workout.
5) S-Line FD - pink goodness; while it probably won't displace the TL in my bag, I'm going to give it every chance to do so in the next couple of weeks.
6) Jawbreaker APX - I tried the APX putter some time ago and I liked it but did not like the soft plastic it came in. Jawbreaker is more firm (like Classic Blend) and the Jawbreaker APX is nice.

Attachments

• IMG_3359.jpg
    IMG_3359.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3364.jpg
    IMG_3364.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I haven't frivolously bought myself plastic in a long time, but I took a chance on the xout dx cobras that the pro shop made available.

All 180g three line Ontario tooling (king cobra). Super stiff grippy dx blend, best I've felt in a long while. Damn near boarders kc pro\mc pro and the added stability of the "king" mold is awesome. 10 of these babies are going to last a long time.

Turns out when you buy 10 at a time you get 20 percent off. I split the order with someone else to get free shipping and ended up at 48 bones :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170421_131232.jpg
    IMG_20170421_131232.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 46
This Axis is double the sparkle density compared to the one its replacing. My midrange game should be fabulous.

Attachments

• 20170423_010836.jpg
    20170423_010836.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 55
152 Fission Tesla. I probably can't throw it yet, but it should be fun to try. Plus it gives me a target to shoot for, kinda like when people buy pants that are too small as "goal jeans".

Just hit up the play it agains and found a c-line fd2 in great shape, s-line td2, champ roc3, probdestroyer and wraith, and a prodigy 400g d4. Also bought the rest of the Discmania gremlins left at my local shop as they will be discontinued... again again.

Had a couple good pickups at PIAS today. The Roach feels really great in the hand and I'm testing it now to possibly replace my PA4's. I've been needing a Crush replacement since they put that great mold OOP. After getting some throws in the field with this Predator today I'm feeling good about it. Very HSS and it was getting some really good skips for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 44
Wanted a Teebird for the headwind drives but since I found this test thrown Saint pro to a good price I went even deeper into the Latitude swamp. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0497.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 40
Posting anything here makes me feel sad because of how much I spend and, more importantly, how much I know I should not be spending. I am at the point where I know what I want, now it is just a matter of finding it in the weight and color I want, and then getting several of those in back-ups. And then to make matters worse, there is always something that tempts me to try something new.

Case in point, I was fairly secure I wanted to run C-DDXs this year. I have about six of them so I have two in my Delta Cart, two in Revo Dual Pack, and two in my grip. I have the Delta for tournaments and rounds where I want to film. I have my Revo for quicker rounds where I still want to carry my DSLR and or camcorder. This includes league rounds or those days where we get a big group of friends going. I have my Grip in the back of the car for those days I get down teaching and want a quick 18 before I head home.

So, I gave into temptation and purchased a few Sheriffs. I say a few because if I immediately like, I do not have to wait for the next month to stock up. If I do not like it, I am biting a financial bullet and trying to sell them as a lot. There is where I feel bad because I realize how much money I am spending for such little gains, if it is a gain.

Still, once I am on the course, all that disappears because I am throwing and having fun.

So, recently I picked up (not all in one trip):
4x Lucid Sheriffs
2x G-PDs
2x G-DDs
1x Gold Line Pure
2x Sareks
1x C-PDx
1x C-FD
2x C-PDs

^ I have 3 $25, 2 $50, 1 $100 and 1 $200 if that makes you feel better.

The most recent was earned yesterday when I picked up a lighter pink Nuke for tailwinds and open holes and a fresh Felon to replace my current worn Felon.

^ I have 3 $25, 2 $50, 1 $100 and 1 $200 if that makes you feel better.

The most recent was earned yesterday when I picked up a lighter pink Nuke for tailwinds and open holes and a fresh Felon to replace my current worn Felon.

Got you beat, easily, but I am also scared to check to see how many I really have. I know I have both the 100 and 200, the 200 after buying a new Revo Dual Pack. I would also have several 75s if such a mini existed.

Got you beat, easily, but I am also scared to check to see how many I really have. I know I have both the 100 and 200, the 200 after buying a new Revo Dual Pack. I would also have several 75s if such a mini existed.

When did the start handing out minis to show the world how much you spend with them? I think I've been getting shafted!

Latest posts