• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Pleas tell me you're not dumb enough to be calling Doss or Jenkins "has been"
In this context - "has been" should not be considered even remotely insulting. Not that it necessarily applies to Doss - I think he's still up there in rating, though not being current I can't tell. But using Avery as an example - someone who was in the 1020-1030 range for ten solid years but has slipped down into the 1000 range over the past 3-4 years - sure he isn't what he once was, and "has been" may apply. Again - I totally disagree with any derision behind using it - but I'd definitely much rather listen to a "has been" than a "never was." A "has been" is exactly who I want in the broadcast booth, provided they have the ability to work the mic.

Avery Jenkins HAS BEEN a world champion, a 2x Major winner, a 2x National Tour winner. And frankly he won his world title in the most high pressure situation - a sudden death playoff over another very accomplished and experienced player.

Nate Doss HAS BEEN a 3x world champion, a 4x Major winner, an 8x National Tour winner.

I wish I was a has been!

Yes, sorry but I did. Nate PDGA status has expired. Not current. And Avery has not thrown a disc in a 2019 tournament yet. Not sure what anyone else uses as a standard for when a career is done but not playing works for me.

Keep in mind these two have played since the early 90's and the sun has set on both their disc golf careers. It's time to let them rest.

Avery will throw in May, but I think it is safe to say he has moved on from disc golf, he is a part time player these days.

Nate has his hands full other business interest, the brewery, and that will take up a lot of his time. I don't expect to see him on tour ever again.

Now back to the broadcast, not must watch programming. Take a look at the views versus the recorded coverage, as an advertiser I would used the recorded programming to get a larger audience.

Pleas tell me you're not dumb enough to be calling Doss or Jenkins "has been"

C'mon man

Going into Waco, The guys on the Upshot podcast were hyping this "battle" of content creators. Jomez shot -18 while DGPT went OB.

Jomez shot -18 and graciously took the trophy and went off to go get some beers with friends, and DGPT was seen hanging around the parking lot after DNFing due to a suspicious "pulled knee" after shooting +5 on the front nine, and telling everyone in earshot that they totally had it all locked up and would have won, and they have a great plan for the next tournament just you wait. . .

Jomez shot -18 and graciously took the trophy and went off to go get some beers with friends, and DGPT was seen hanging around the parking lot after DNFing due to a suspicious "pulled knee" after shooting +5 on the front nine, and telling everyone in earshot that they totally had it all locked up and would have won, and they have a great plan for the next tournament just you wait. . .

Jomez also got up early the next morning for more putting practice, by uploading the -18 round with McBeth commentary and bonus clips.

The rumor is that DGPT is claiming that they shot the lowest score for the tournament and should have won. It's not their fault they were injured.

Jomez also got up early the next morning for more putting practice, by uploading the -18 round with McBeth commentary and bonus clips.

This was an opportunity for Jomez to really shine, and they killed it. Not only were their three rounds of coverage outstanding both in video and commentary quality, they followed up with the McBeth commentary 18-under round and even a little "Simon throws a putter 492 feet" clip.

They deliver such quality content and do it so quickly. DGPT has got to take note of this a re-think their approach. Right? I mean, right???:\

Latest posts