• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

They deliver such quality content and do it so quickly. DGPT has got to take note of this a re-think their approach. Right? I mean, right???:\

Yeah...they clearly know they can't produce to that level now so we'll see if that affects anything. I just still want to watch the final round Paul/Ricky battle so if they get around to uploading it I'll still watch it. It's just not going to be the same as if I could have seen it without knowing the winner.

Yes, sorry but I did. Nate PDGA status has expired. Not current. And Avery has not thrown a disc in a 2019 tournament yet. Not sure what anyone else uses as a standard for when a career is done but not playing works for me.

Keep in mind these two have played since the early 90's and the sun has set on both their disc golf careers. It's time to let them rest.

1. the Jenkins I was referring to was Val, not Avery

2. Nate and Val both walked away while still in the top echelon of players in their respective fields and almost certainly would be right there if they still were active on tour. Nate was still 1038 rated when he stopped playing, and Val was 961.

So you're telling me, that while watching the NFL as an example, that Tony Romo should shut his trap because he's retired and not do commentary? Your take on that is too spicy for me.

Last edited:
Tony Romo should shut his trap because he sounds like Kathleen Turner after a four day bender...

Yeah, but does he look like Kathleen Turner after a four-day bender? I have no stake in this, my favorite commentators are Ian and Cory, neither who has been a top rated player. For me, it turns out that being a top-rated player doesn't necessarily correlate to good commentary. Again, for my likes.

Yup,

What did he win? Exactly how many times did he go play golf rather than to any play off? Really you went Tony Romo on me? Really, Tony Romo? Of all the great quarterbacks who do color, that's your example....

I get your point, you chose a bad example. Use Troy Aikman and I might concede the point. He's a much better broadcaster and color man. And he actually won something.

Please realize I am trolling this week.....I really should stop myself sometimes but I can't, or I won't. I just needed to stir things up with the "has been" quote. I thought it would spice up the old Forum.

Thinking of changing my handle to "Spicy Thunder".

So you're telling me, that while watching the NFL as an example, that Tony Romo should shut his trap because he's retired and not do commentary? Your take on that is too spicy for me.[/QUOTE]

Still no post-produced rounds from Waco by DGPT. They blew another deadline yesterday, per Smashboxx's podcast on Tuesday (they said they were informed the rounds would be released all together yesterday, Wednesday).

Watched the MPO final round and it isn't too bad really. Everything is pretty nice however they're still missing a lot of catch cam shots. Several times there was nothing of where the disc landed.

Although I do think its pretty hilarious the hole summary shots they are passing it off as drone footage when it is clearly fast forwarded shots of someone walking down the fairway...

Steve Dodge owns up to DGPT's failures on Facebook:

It has been a pretty tough start to the season. Lots of unexpected hurdles and unforced errors. The funny thing? I thought I was UNDER promising!
We have so much to correct it is ridiculous. We have an amazing team in place to do it and we are looking to add a couple additional components as well. But still, ugh there is a lot to do between now and JBO.
If life is meant to be a learning experience and an adventure, I'm having a pretty good one. Thank you to everyone that has offered support in these tough times. We will work on. We will continue to build a bigger and stronger and sustainable stage for the best disc golf athletes in the world.
And, like always, I am optimistic for what we will do at Jonesboro. Here's hoping we start nailing down some of these pesky details.
Thank you Seth Fendley for stepping up and helping to deal with this mess I created. Thank you for reviewing the courses and making sure THOSE details are all correct.
Thank you Dustin Juliano for making some beautiful tee signs that are used across all platforms, including the tee signs, the caddy book, the live and edited graphics pages and the virtual players meeting. Knock on wood, there have been no issues with course rules so far. Everything has been consistent across the board.
Thank you Joey Temali for working hard with a consistent smile. Your love for the game has rekindled my own. The courses are setup on time and are looking good.
Thank you Jeff Spring for working so hard to try to get a deal with Jomez and for stepping in to be one of the best commentators we could imagine. You should feel good with the efforts you have done to help us through.
Thank you Nate Doss and Valarie Jenkins for building time for live commentary as you start your own business venture. We can't wait to hear how the opening celebrations go. And so everyone knows, almost no one will ever know the behind the scenes heroics that Nate has pulled off to make the live Waco shows even happen. Just imagine he was dormie with nine to go and came back to win.
Thank you Kraig Stenzel, Nate Gray and Trent Nicholl for working without sleep or thanks through a myriad of issues that, again, no one will ever know, but that we will now be able to overcome.
Thank you Sean Jack for working with partners while we have so little positive to show that is outward facing.
Thank you to all of the TDs that believe in what we are building. In the face of this public onslaught for not coming to terms with Jomez, you have stood by our vision and been fully supportive. Thank you Keith Murray and Dan Ginnelly, Ryan Draper and Joey Harrell, Brad Pietz, Sean Jack, Jeff Spring, Nate Heinold - Ledgestone Insurance Group, John B Minicuci, Adam Jones and Jason Kerl.
Thank you to Danielle Charlier for helping to create the awesome team that is DGPT Media. We will figure this out and create media we can all be proud of.
Thank you to my brother, Todd Dodge, for the endless support.
And thank you to everyone on the team and everyone that is rooting for disc golf to create a stage for our best athletes that we can all be proud of. We will continue to work our fingers to the bones to create it. That I can promise.

Just started watch the FPO post R1 and the commentary is great, graphics really good. . picture is ok, but still alot of strange angles and zooms. . and moving, wobbely camera work

Watched the MPO final round and it isn't too bad really. Everything is pretty nice however they're still missing a lot of catch cam shots. Several times there was nothing of where the disc landed.

Although I do think its pretty hilarious the hole summary shots they are passing it off as drone footage when it is clearly fast forwarded shots of someone walking down the fairway...

I have an image of a guy jumping into the air and filming for half a second, then walking forward ten feet and doing it again until he's filmed the whole hole. Then patching it together. Then playing it back at Keystone cop speed.

At least with the post-production coverage, I finally understand what happened with McBeth's tee shot on #15 that looked like it was (and the live commentators thought) OB. It hit the sidewalk OB, and skipped under the fence to end up in bounds by a foot. What a huge difference that skip made!

The camerawork still didn't really show it, but I could see the disc sneak under the fence at the edge of the frame.

Latest posts