• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

A few odd things. Got the link to work on my iPhone, but every time I come off the stream and try to go back to it, its not working and gives me a playback error. So I have to go thru the whole process of hopefully getting the page not to give me an insufficient storage error. Also if I go to dgpt.tv on my computer directly its blocked by my company but if I follow the link thru the dgpt.com website then I can get the website to load but then I cant get the video to load. So frustrating.

Last edited:
I think Doss have said "our players" and "these players" over 100times by now

All this makes me think I'm glad I'm old enough to have the ability to boldly ignore new things.

I don't see how someone will make more money off me watching nothing, compared to me watching Youtube.

FW-DumpsterFireOfTheMonth-FBLink_0.png

That meeting most have been fun. . ."lets get the mediacrew back and make great coverage". . . and then " o and let´s move it of Youtube so nobody will watch"

Shrug....I guess we all have different expectations. I am not sure how this will work at home, casting to my TV yet. But, watching could not have been easier at work. Just a simple as YouTube, for sure. Bonus is the lack of comment masturbation and trolling on YouTube.

From my perspective, the only fire is the torches of the pitchfork toting DGCR members wanting Dodge to fail.

Maybe I got lucky with my work setup?

*Runs and hides from thrown rotten tomatoes and fruit*

I have a Roku and have installed the app and it works perfectly fine but I don't see the point as it seems to be the same exact content I've been watching on youtube (also on the big screen via Roku). I don't see what I'm gaining from this app. Am I missing something?

Shrug....I guess we all have different expectations. I am not sure how this will work at home, casting to my TV yet. But, watching could not have been easier at work. Just a simple as YouTube, for sure. Bonus is the lack of comment masturbation and trolling on YouTube.

From my perspective, the only fire is the torches of the pitchfork toting DGCR members wanting Dodge to fail.

*Runs and hides from thrown rotten tomatoes and fruit*

I have no interest one way or another regarding Dodge.
I want -
1. Easy to find and watch disc golf.
2. For the coverage to get to as many people as possible, as easily as possible.

Why isn't youtube the answer for that? Easy to use on all platforms. Can rewind. If you don't want to see the chat, click the one button that turns it off.

This is akin to a guy starting his own hosting service because he had beef with AWS. Until you have the stuff ready, and solid, then why make it harder to get to?

Just a simple as YouTube, for sure.

If you think streaming through a website is easier than streaming through an app, you're crazy. I don't get 503 errors on a Youtube app. Especially for those of us who have invested in streaming devices for this specific purpose.

I certainly don't want him to fail. I also think he's an idiot for trying to reinvent the wheel - there are global sites that have dedicated their entire enterprise to being able to support livestreaming in an easy and convenient way. Youtube and Twitch are superior platforms for a reason.

You got lucky with the platform server. I got in on first try as well, but occasionally refreshed it just to test and got several code 507 errors (failed to load).

EDIT: And now the feed died.

I dont think it´s a "dumpster fire" . . the live looks good, FAR better then the last ones. . . . . BUT it IS a strange move to take the stream of Youtube

I have a Roku and have installed the app and it works perfectly fine but I don't see the point as it seems to be the same exact content I've been watching on youtube (also on the big screen via Roku). I don't see what I'm gaining from this app. Am I missing something?

My understanding is that the ad service with this platform is more friendly or conducive to what Steve is trying to do. All those ad breaks that don't seem to have any content...I don't think that's something that JVD and the producers control. I think that's part of the platform. Perhaps when the stream is more established and has better/more numbers, ads will get plugged into that spot automatically with little/no effort from Dodge, Jonny, or anyone on the production side.

If you've ever watched something like ESPN's streaming platform, or Hulu with commercials...the ads have little to do with the show itself. They're just plugged in by the platform automatically. I may be wrong, but I think that's what this "foxbat" thing is all about. And those ads don't show up on Youtube if they try to stream there (as we saw with the WACO coverage).

I certainly don't want him to fail. I also think he's an idiot for trying to reinvent the wheel - there are global sites that have dedicated their entire enterprise to being able to support livestreaming in an easy and convenient way. Youtube and Twitch are superior platforms for a reason.
This. A thousand times, this.

And we have a lovely black screen now......