• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Ramon Sessions was the first NBA player to ever go to the D-League. His career average is barely 11 points, but he once scored 44 in an NBA game. :|

Last edited:
The research was much more tedious than I thought, but I found some good examples to prove my point. Here's the results from the first 5 tourneys I clicked on:
Like I said, this is information from just the first 5 tourneys I clicked on. If anyone has hours, or days or weeks to pour over the scores, I'm certain that there are hundreds more examples of mid-900 players beating 1000+ players.

if you consider the size of those tournaments the % of occurrence is very low. also, players play outside of their rating alot, especially ams who are improving quickly. people have their off days and their on the money days. this is actually accounted for in the rating system.

plus YOU said the average player....an ADV player is not average. nor are random 1000 rated pros the "top"
talent gap MUCH smaller between the top pros and average players than in most sports.

FWIW, Ramon Sessions was the first NBA player to ever go to the D-League. His career average is barely 11 points, but he once scored 42 in an NBA game. :|

Why is Conner a DGCR vendor? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

There will be anomalies in everything, but I think for the most part that a 1040 rated player will always beat a 950 rated player. :) Play Idlewild it's a SSA 71 or 72 I believe?

Here's my research...from the 17 events In played this year.
51 1000+ rated players.......11 of them lost to a <1000 guy

All but one of them was rated under 1010.

Everyone has bad days......or courses they just play poorly on.

Last edited:
True!

Any 18 hole par 72s you can think of? Preferably with an SSA close to 72.

Iron Hill, Nockamixon, Lemon Lake Gold, Ozark Mountain are all courses where the SSA falls in the upper 60s or higher.

Iron Hill, Nockamixon, Lemon Lake Gold, Ozark Mountain are all courses where the SSA falls in the upper 60s or higher.

Do you know how to get results from tournaments on these courses? I am not as good at using the PDGA website as in the past and I think they took down the course list by SSA (but not sure on this)

At 05' Worlds a 68 at Nocky was a 998....I will keep looking

Last edited:
big sky is right, the talent gap between an Am and Open players is nowhere as big as a guy playing basketball in the park and a NBA player. if you think otherwise you're hyping up this sport way to much. pro disc golfers as good as they are aren't amazingly gifted athletes because all of the amazingly gifted athletes are playing basketball or football; that's where fame and fortune lies. you could take an Advanced player and stick them in a group with Open players and to the non disc golfer they wouldn't look that out of place. You take a pretty good football player who played college ball and put them on a NFL field and they'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Even in golf it's not even close; you can take an Am disc golfer and the best Open players, put them on a tough championship level dg course and after 18 the scoring spread is at most 20.

you take an Am ball golfer and the best Pros and put them on a championship level golf course and after 18 the scoring spread is going to be up in the 40's or 50's.. maybe higher.

I wonder how may pro golfers, basketball and football players there are in the world, compared to casual or Am DG'ers vs. Pro's....

I think a more accurate comparison would be 940-990 rated players (college hoopsters) vs. 1010+ rated players (NBA players)

It may not look like the talent difference is huge, but its very big

comparing the guy in the park balling on scrubs would be akin to, a higher level INT player beating his noob friends really badly because they are still really bad

What is with you people and drifting topics so badly? If you want to talk about something other than Prodigy, go to a different thread or make a new one. Is it really so hard? Learn2Forum.

Serious question here: why were only some of the team present at flyboy? If they all have a share of the company, and they all are a part of the team, why were they all not present at Flyboy? I know some could have just had conflicts, but trying to get the thread back on topic. I like what Prodigy is doing, and the direction they are going with their business. How many other businesses announce they are announcing their product/team/etc. on a certain date and actually do it? They said the 1st. and it was on the first. Wow! Good luck to them.

So I gotta say I'm excited for the d3. Sounds like a longer volt/amp hybrid. Idk we'll see

Cody I think why some members not being at flyboy would most likely be them coming on to the team after the meeting.

582319_479904048714644_1834604998_n.jpg

From Paul Ulibarri's Facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.