• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Connor Jones also a part owner?
Is that what all the flyboy fund raising was for, how much was the buy in?
Also, will there be pre orders or is going to be first come first served on release day?

LOL.

I am not part of owner of anything, except my car, which I am the full owner of.

:|

I was just helping return lost discs, not really "fundraising" as it was just helping out someone who has done a lot for me.

I believe I read somewhere that the upcoming release would be a limited run, will we be limited on how many we can purchase?

LOL.

I am not part of owner of anything, except my car, which I am the full owner of.

:|

I was just helping return lost discs, not really "fundraising" as it was just helping out someone who has done a lot for me.

This is true....I heard Connor sold his soul to the disc golf gods so he doesn't even own that any more.

If you don't think the amount of facebook likes says at least something about a business...you're living in the stoneage.

This. Why do pros, businesses, and orgninizations pander for "likes?" Because it is like a form of currency measuring a quantity of digital influence.

Digital influence and exposure. Reaching thousands with the click of a "Post" button is not to be underestimated.

All of these are why I think the likes do matter. the more people who "like" or follow a company, the more their marketing reaches. its all about numbers. again, I am speaking from a lot of experience in sales, networking, social media marketing etc.. They do matter. and other sponsors or "investors" will look at things like Facebook popularity to determine a businesses worth.

I just think it's funny watching(reading) some of you folks go back and forth on this. I'm not going to waste my breath(typing) arguing what they did or didn't do right.

I am excited for the possibility of new things from a new company and that is all. I look forward to a CEish plastic if it exists, and a company more consistent with the molding process that we can get away from..."what run is that?"......"where was that made?"

that is all.....please continue.
:)

Wow. /me unsubscribes. Straw, camel, back and all that.

chainchaser said:
If I would of quit back then from the heat there would be no DGTR or maybe even "the Furthering the disc" podcast that just recently started up. Not saying nobody else would have come up with the idea but up until I started DGTR 2 years ago nobody had or at least made it halfway successful.

Here make sure you put all of what I said not just your version. Unsubscribe if you must because I was not bragging I just was stating a fact.

I think you could argue they already have.
Maybe but not really. They signed a bunch of pros

Nothing to show? Call me crazy but signing 11 top pros is not nothing. If you mean no physical discs, what, you're complaining about waiting two weeks? But even there they had the PDGA approvals to "show" you.

Here let me list my positives for the third time so you can see I did not think everything they did was bad.
What I liked.
-Your line up of pros, this will definitely be a dominate force on the NT
-Seemingly putting the big manufacturers on notice by signing these pros
-quality and this is speculation but from what has been going around the plastic does seems to be getting great reviews.

And you're basing this assessment on what, exactly? Your vast business knowledge?It was my opinion. I thought we were allowed to have opinions in america

Patience. The Volt was approved months before it was available.
Got me there but so was the lace but was not announced until it was in production!!!

That was a mistake. No reason not to have that ready.
Hey we agree woohoo

What secrecy? What have they not shared that you feel entitled to know?
Just felt that with wait until the 1st deal.

Maybe because sponsored players aren't that much better than a lot of us. The talent gap in disc golf is MUCH smaller between the top pros and average players than in most sports.

This comment needs to be in the landfill and set on fire OR maybe it was a joke, but i didnt see a "LOL" .

drifting away,
other sponsors or "investors" will look at things like Facebook popularity to determine a businesses worth.
Further perspective, here's some of how Google now decides how "real" a company is when ranking search results:

- crawl the site for a street address... physical HQ makes a company more real
- crawl LinkedIn... how many people work there?
- crawl social media... what's the fanbase? active base? physical ties? content?

"Like Us" Ads are cheaper than buying Likes from a Russian hacker (I thought this was most prevalent with Twitter). Simply target ads to people who like a list of DG-related pages or activities, and you've got inroads to the DG FB market. DN is probably the only place that has our ads targeted to people who DON'T like DG pages, but rather a number of related sports and activities common among potential DG lovers. That's my effort to expand awareness of the sport, and possibly grow its player base. Think about how often a DG company markets outside of the DG universe -- I felt it was revolutionary. Turns out there are Russian hackers who can grow the sport for $20/player :)

drift back into the stream..

It's worse than just pandering for likes. There are now several firms that literally sell likes. I big company can hire them, and pay for thousands of likes. The firm will charge, say $5 for a like, and then the like-sellers will pay folks in, like, Egypt and s**t, to like stuff all day for $1/like.

WHERE CAN I GET A JOB WHERE I CAN LIKE THINGS FOR $1/LIKE.

I don't have a Facebook so I made a fake one with and old email.. Getting me some protos

congress actually has a bill in the HoR to make this illegal and a criminal act on social media sites....and I am not kidding you. the fake part that is

This comment needs to be in the landfill and set on fire OR maybe it was a joke, but i didnt see a "LOL" .

no way...if thats a serious post everyone needs to see what a stupid comment that is. Heck I am tempted to put that quote in my sig for all to see.
the gap between me (an avg competitive player) and chuckers (the majority) is huge and then the gap between me and the local pros is 5+ strokes and then the touring pros are 3+ strokes better than them. So in a #s sense, the traveling/touring pro is on average 8+ strokes better than me on any given course....thats half the course they are scoring better than me. if you dont think that is significant then you are crazy!
Big Sky, do you have any experience playing with a touring pro? just curious

Let's try to keep this one on topic, mmm-K?

I didn't feel like wading through 19 pages of kool-ade and butt talk to figure out if anybody had any info on the other disc offerings, such as putters and mids. Anybody have any details on these plates?

blinders.jpg

The gap is just as large......just seems smaller because most courses require only 54 or less shots to complete. 1 shot in disc golf is comparable to 1.5 strokes in BG on a par 72.

Put the top pros and ams on a par 72 course then look at the scores.... Might answer these level gaps everyone is talking about.

Put the top pros and ams on a par 72 course then look at the scores.... Might answer these level gaps everyone is talking about.

True!

Any 18 hole par 72s you can think of? Preferably with an SSA close to 72.

True!

Any 18 hole par 72s you can think of? Preferably with an SSA close to 72.

iron hill. SSA right around 71.8 i do believe. At A-tiers division winning scores range from something like an 85 for ams and in the mid to high 60's for open.

Hope your ready to defend that because you will have to.

Id bet the odds are very severe.

The research was much more tedious than I thought, but I found some good examples to prove my point. Here's the results from the first 5 tourneys I clicked on:

1. Memorial 2012 -

Clayton Adams (who is local to AZ, so admittedly has an advantage) rated 958 beat 15 players rated over 1000, including one rated 1028.

William Lister (not a local) - rated 953 beat 7, 1000+ rated players.

For the rest of the research, I didn't see if the players were local or not...takes too long...

2. SOKY Championships 2012 -

Justin Kruetzer rated 985 beat Ricky Wysocki rated 1023

3. Brent Hambrick Memorial Open 2012 -

Aaron Diehl rated 974 beat Tyler Horne rated 1014

4. National Players Challenge Championships 2012 -

Chris Eade rated 994 beat Will Schusterick rated 1043 (this one's a bit of a stretch, I know)

5. Rochester Flying Disc Open 2012 -

Will Schusterick rated 1045 beat Dave Northrop rated 986 by only 2 strokes.

Like I said, this is information from just the first 5 tourneys I clicked on. If anyone has hours, or days or weeks to pour over the scores, I'm certain that there are hundreds more examples of mid-900 players beating 1000+ players.

Well, I live next to a par 69 gold level course. The best pro in our area, who is also the designer of the course, has shot a 62 as his best score. That is when he was on top of his game and only made a few minor mistakes. Almost a perfect game for him. He averages 65-67. Will Schusterick, Kris Orrick, and Matt Orum all shot below 60 their first time to play the course. The gap between touring pro's and the average joes's is bigger than you think.

The research was much more tedious than I thought, but I found some good examples to prove my point. Here's the results from the first 5 tourneys I clicked on:

1. Memorial 2012 -

Clayton Adams (who is local to AZ, so admittedly has an advantage) rated 958 beat 15 players rated over 1000, including one rated 1028.

William Lister (not a local) - rated 953 beat 7, 1000+ rated players.

For the rest of the research, I didn't see if the players were local or not...takes too long...

2. SOKY Championships 2012 -

Justin Kruetzer rated 985 beat Ricky Wysocki rated 1023

3. Brent Hambrick Memorial Open 2012 -

Aaron Diehl rated 974 beat Tyler Horne rated 1014

4. National Players Challenge Championships 2012 -

Chris Eade rated 994 beat Will Schusterick rated 1043 (this one's a bit of a stretch, I know)

5. Rochester Flying Disc Open 2012 -

Will Schusterick rated 1045 beat Dave Northrop rated 986 by only 2 strokes.

Like I said, this is information from just the first 5 tourneys I clicked on. If anyone has hours, or days or weeks to pour over the scores, I'm certain that there are hundreds more examples of mid-900 players beating 1000+ players.

Oh snap, get 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts