• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Paul Ulibarri is gonna hit that tree....
Seriously though, (and correct me if I'm wrong) the talk is about the plastic and not as much about the disc design. Flight characteristics can mildly change with plastic but the meat and potatoes is the design of the profile. So who designed the profile? What's different (new)? I know the plastic is proprietary info but anyone can look at the design and take a micrometer and calipers or a CMM and copy it, so why not talk this up before the release and not just hype the discs?

582319_479904048714644_1834604998_n.jpg

From Paul Ulibarri's Facebook page

whose logo is the one all the way to the right?

If they all have a share of the company, and they all are a part of the team

where do you get this from?
the only thing i have seen from anyone "in the know" is that they are getting a salary.

The research was much more tedious than I thought, but I found some good examples to prove my point. Here's the results from the first 5 tourneys I clicked on:

1. Memorial 2012 -

Clayton Adams (who is local to AZ, so admittedly has an advantage) rated 958 beat 15 players rated over 1000, including one rated 1028.

William Lister (not a local) - rated 953 beat 7, 1000+ rated players.

For the rest of the research, I didn't see if the players were local or not...takes too long...

2. SOKY Championships 2012 -

Justin Kruetzer rated 985 beat Ricky Wysocki rated 1023

3. Brent Hambrick Memorial Open 2012 -

Aaron Diehl rated 974 beat Tyler Horne rated 1014

4. National Players Challenge Championships 2012 -

Chris Eade rated 994 beat Will Schusterick rated 1043 (this one's a bit of a stretch, I know)

5. Rochester Flying Disc Open 2012 -

Will Schusterick rated 1045 beat Dave Northrop rated 986 by only 2 strokes.

Like I said, this is information from just the first 5 tourneys I clicked on. If anyone has hours, or days or weeks to pour over the scores, I'm certain that there are hundreds more examples of mid-900 players beating 1000+ players.
All a far cry from a 970 beating Will or Ricky. Never mind 950.
When you say 1030 plus you are talking the extrem edge of the bell curve. Quite different from your examples.

yes that is Uli's logo. Jeremey Koling has the same image but the last part on the right has his Big Jerm logo

Everyone knows that Prodigy took their logo from the Lord of Madness, the Ancient One, ruler over R'lyeh, the Great Cthulhu. Prodigy's logo is obviously the Elder Sign; and is a harbriger of the end times when Cthulhu will awaken to plunge the world into a thousand years of insanity and darkness.

Or it's a cute little star.

Attachments

• elder-sign.PNG
    elder-sign.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 23
Knowing the religious backgrounds of Phil and Lavone, I'm thinking we just look to the star on top of the tree for their inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts