• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 2.3cm which is the same as:
Hurricane (Proline)
Hurricane (SP Line)
Force
Quarter K
Samurai
Slayer
Archon
Krait
Tern
XCaliber
Havoc
D1
D2
D3
D4
Backbone
Odyssey Driver
Scream DT Max
Helios
Giant
King
King VIP Air

580531_10100543476420988_2067702599_n.jpg

The rim is far too large for my liking, its def a warp speed 13+ disc from the looks.

Im not impressed with the plus+ mold rim either... it looks extremely slanted.

The rim is far too large for my liking, its def a warp speed 13+ disc from the looks.

Im not impressed with the plus+ mold rim either... it looks extremely slanted.

You should try reading sometime. It's not a +mold or slanted anything like one. Also, not as wide as a speed 13.

Why would a disc golf company release warp speed discs first? why not release something people actually use more often, like fairway drivers and putters?

I rarely use anything above speed 9 these days unless the hole is 450+ and even then i usually chose a more controlled fairway approach and rely on my accuracy to ensure par.

A better approach would have been fairways, Putters, midrange, distance driver

I guess all the noobs out there who think "speed" rating means the disc will go farther are the larger portion of sales, so it sort of makes sense from a business prospective.

But that begs the question, what type of people are they trying to sell discs to? Your average shmuck who throws a destroyer as his driver, midrange and putter -- or the competitive/experienced people

So far im not impressed with the decision of releasing a high speed driver first.. doesnt make sense in my mind.

You answered your own question. It's a sales thing, not a "what the average competitive disc golfer on DGCR throws."

I won't be picking any D-line drivers up, but I guarantee they will sell out of their first runs. Plus, the others are coming so quick it's really in irrelevant thing to worry about.

it's 2.3cm which is the same as:
Hurricane (Proline)
Hurricane (SP Line)
Force
Quarter K
Samurai
Slayer
Archon
Krait
Tern
XCaliber
Havoc
D1
D2
D3
D4
Backbone
Odyssey Driver
Scream DT Max
Helios
Giant
King
King VIP Air
So that would put it in the 11 speed category I guess you would say. I could probably handle that. I guess when we all finally get a chance to get our hands on one these we will know for sure!!

Why would a disc golf company release warp speed discs first? why not release something people actually use more often, like fairway drivers and putters?
I wish I had a dollar for every time Zam posted something along the lines of "we are ~ less than 1% of the disc buying population." You say something people actually use like you've never seen chuckers out one discin' it with a 175 Boss...

You answered your own question. It's a sales thing, not a "what the average competitive disc golfer on DGCR throws."

...I guarantee they will sell out of their first runs...
QFT

^^ cool i heard he saw something about down to 154g.. had seen something before about nothing under 173g.. or maybe that was just to the public :\

I don't have a big arm, but these discs look to be flying like other discs people with big arms throw. Yes? Maybe my eye is not that discerning, but perhaps someone can educate me about how different these discs truly are.

After seeing the guy on the video stumbling a little, I think the naming is going to take a while to catch on and be memorable for people. I foresee a lot of "Did I just throw the D1 or D3?" for the first few months.

THESE ARE NOT PLUS MOLD .. biggest misconception i had when reading about these discs ..
if anything .. its like u took a piece of sandpaper and ground off the flashing at the bottom of the disc to make it smooth and not sharp ...

prodegy.jpg

You might underestimate what the average chukkers buy of warp speed drivers. :)

Nope .. a local buddi got one as a gift for Xmas ..
traded to another buddi before a round we shot .. so i got to check it out .. didn't throw it tho
Dont know witch one this is either .. 1,2,3,4 ... BUt it doesn't look like Bigjerms D1 ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts