• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the video and was left feeling like "...so... where' the discs?" there was no mention of the plastic quality or how the discs fly. it was just a guy sitting down trying to do his best steve jobs impersonation saying how mucg he loves disc golf.. the end.

:clap::hfive::clap:

Completely agree! Lol. I was like? iPhoneMini6S?

I love speculating because if I'm wrong, I'm wrong with 50 other people. If I'm right, I look downright Nostradamusey. Where's ZAM? His input always seems to pan out. He did predict that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes would divorce, after all. It was either that, or the new MVP driver would be stable/understable. I can never remember.

I really find all this interesting....

I certainly wont be rushing out to buy these when they first come out. I dont throw wide rimmed drivers anyway. And limited runs initially? If all they can do are limited runs at the start maybe they should have waited to announce all this when they had discs in production or at least until they can ramp up production soon after the announcement.

Ill wait and see what happens but I'm certainly not excited. I do hope that when the discs come out they can be consistent in running them but again, Ill hold out and see what happens.

I just saw the video and was left feeling like "...so... where' the discs?" there was no mention of the plastic quality or how the discs fly. it was just a guy sitting down trying to do his best steve jobs impersonation saying how mucg he loves disc golf.. the end.

I thought this too initially. But then I figured, this is their first "release" of any kind. They're probably planning a bunch of videos and pictures showcasing the discs shortly.

It's the old adage about the old bull and the young bull. Why run down there and throw one, when you can walk down there and throw em all. Patience...

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Prodigy ran a series of events using only their products as AM payout. It'd make them a pretty fair amount of money.

Would you, as an AM, play an A-Tier where the payout was exclusivly Prodigy discs and merch? Of course it could backfire if a non Prodigy team player won and took the pro purse. Good thing they signed up most of the top pros in all the pro divisions.

:popcorn:

that means i'll just have to show up :)

I heard they are going to fly planes over major cities and drop out discs by the thousands as a PR move. Must be why they partnered with Flyboy

I have to admit, the plastic does look sexy.

Well, ostensibly they are making discs for elite level players, right? Hence why they got such a beefy team? I guess that explains why they are coming out with the gnarly drivers first. They sure look pretty, but honestly (even though I have my share of high speed stuff in my bag) I have no business throwing them. When I'm being competitive I don't throw anything higher speed than a Wraith, but more than likely I'm teeming off with an Eagle or Teebird. So basically I have the high speed stuff just for messing around.

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying I wont be trying the D series of discs. But I could not be more exicted about what their midsand putters will be like! I'm always switching up those, so I cant wait to see what that awesome group of pros (assuming they have input) can do with those molds. For the average player like myself, the gap between the pros use of midrange and putters is much smaller than their use of drivers.

Especially if they come out with some stiff, Pro Pig like driving putters...mmm drooling at the thought od not having to pay 25 bucks for my driving putter!

Well, ostensibly they are making discs for elite level players, right? Hence why they got such a beefy team? I guess that explains why they are coming out with the gnarly drivers first. They sure look pretty, but honestly (even though I have my share of high speed stuff in my bag) I have no business throwing them. When I'm being competitive I don't throw anything higher speed than a Wraith, but more than likely I'm teeming off with an Eagle or Teebird. So basically I have the high speed stuff just for messing around.

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying I wont be trying the D series of discs. But I could not be more exicted about what their midsand putters will be like! I'm always switching up those, so I cant wait to see what that awesome group of pros (assuming they have input) can do with those molds. For the average player like myself, the gap between the pros use of midrange and putters is much smaller than their use of drivers.

Especially if they come out with some stiff, Pro Pig like driving putters...mmm drooling at the thought od not having to pay 25 bucks for my driving putter!

Try a Jokeri. It slaughtered my Pig.

a pro pig type putter would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts