• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they are going to fly planes over major cities and drop out discs by the thousands as a PR move. Must be why they partnered with Flyboy

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

:p

I think we should all lash out at this company because anyone who snagged most of the top players in the world and is comprised of legends who likely have forgotten more than we'll ever know, wouldn't last two seconds in a room full of dgcr wing nuts.

That is to their credit btw...

66478_10151350488006649_1641504882_n.jpg

Sexy plastic for sure!:popcorn:

And according to Will Schusterick "the final names are D1, D2, D3, and D4. They are released and PDGA approved. Should be in retailers hands by the end of the month."

So it sounds like the names aren't going to change.

About the only thing I dislike so far is the naming scheme. It doesn't take much to come up with a naming scheme. A straight copy from Discmania's model is not going to do them any favors.

Oh well...

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying I wont be trying the D series of discs. But I could not be more exicted about what their midsand putters will be like! I'm always switching up those, so I cant wait to see what that awesome group of pros (assuming they have input) can do with those molds. For the average player like myself, the gap between the pros use of midrange and putters is much smaller than their use of drivers.

I know this is going to be shocking but they are going to make a mid that flys like a Roc and a mid that flies like a buzz. To round out the line up they will probably make a pretty overstable mid and a pretty understable mid.

For awhile there, the Ion was slaughtering my Pig. But I just keep coming back to the old oinker....unless Prodigy makes something better...:popcorn:

The Ion and the Pig are two different types of flyers. Try an overstable disc to try to replace your overstable disc.

I know this is going to be shocking but they are going to make a mid that flys like a Roc and a mid that flies like a buzz. To round out the line up they will probably make a pretty overstable mid and a pretty understable mid.

Anyway, that's my long winded way of saying I wont be trying the D series of discs. But I could not be more exicted about what their midsand putters will be like! I'm always switching up those, so I cant wait to see what that awesome group of pros (assuming they have input) can do with those molds. For the average player like myself, the gap between the pros use of midrange and putters is much smaller than their use of drivers.
Yea sounds like the D stuff will be to fast for me too.

I guess for me they are going to have to blow me away with the mids and putters to remove my Buzz, Wasp and wizards.

I recently put a ridge in but have found it better for upshots and also i am trying a MVP Amp because i really did not have a stable/understable type fairway driver in the bag. The jury is still out.

I actually think I will try a legacy disc this year and see what that is all about. I hear they are very consistent with their runs.

All this hype, and their website isn't even running....for shaaaaame!

J/K, in all seriousness, I'm ready to get my hands on some of this plastic and see how it flies, dyes, and pleases the eyes. :popcorn:

as am i.. keep me posted and ill make the drive up to g-vegas :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.