• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only people who take on DG as a personal hobby, most just buy whatever looks cool.
This is what a lot of people who keep proclaiming about all of these pros leaving the big two for upstart companies seem to be forgetting.

Like any hobby that a lot of people get into to without much formal instruction, there's a lot of what I'll call "dumb money" being spent on it by people who don't know any better, and the big two are well aware of this. They also know that they don't have to have a stable of sponsored pros to go after it. This is why you see a lot of Wal-Marts, and general sporting goods stores like Dick's and Academy now selling 150 class Innova, and molds that were never that popular like Wolfs, Polecats and Skeeters.

This might sound bad but I can choose from at least 2 dozen courses in my area, the discs are great, the tournaments are full, what's the problem?

how many companies are gonna keep making the same four discs over and over with a couple tweeks. the new DD line feel like copies of innova with some nice plastic. i give mvp credit cause they actually did something new and different. not make an avair roc/buzz teebird and hyper speed driver clone. i guess well have to wait and see

how many companies are gonna keep making the same four discs over and over with a couple tweeks. the new DD line feel like copies of innova with some nice plastic. i give mvp credit cause they actually did something new and different. not make an avair roc/buzz teebird and hyper speed driver clone. i guess well have to wait and see

I wish the PDGa would have 30 or so set molds that all companies could produce in their own plastic.......These high speed discs are starting to get out of hand.

The same goes for baskets.

There's more speculation in here than in the speculation thread. Possibly more idiots acting like they know some **** others don't.

Its just plastic we throw, I'll believe they're changing the game when I see it. The idea that because they're pros that they have super human ability to change the landscape is insanity. 5 years from now a new crop of players will be kicking their assess and so on.

I'm torn if I want to buy these discs... I told myself no more but they look so sexy and I'd love to throw a D-3 or D-4. But the rim is so wide..... :/ ugh choices.

The naming is terrible and completely un-original and stolen from Lightning discs. I hope the plastic is good and that the discs are decent but being "REVOLUTIONARY" like Koling said. I think not.

Eh. I have a feeling that the whole D1, D2, D3, and D4 names are temporary. Once the discs are released for consumer use, they will probably have catchier names. Does anyone know what the markings on the discs in the picture stand for? I can make out BP on the D1, ORI on the D2, and DLP on the D3.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Prodigy ran a series of events using only their products as AM payout. It'd make them a pretty fair amount of money.

Would you, as an AM, play an A-Tier where the payout was exclusivly Prodigy discs and merch? Of course it could backfire if a non Prodigy team player won and took the pro purse. Good thing they signed up most of the top pros in all the pro divisions.

:popcorn:

I just saw the video and was left feeling like "...so... where' the discs?" there was no mention of the plastic quality or how the discs fly. it was just a guy sitting down trying to do his best steve jobs impersonation saying how mucg he loves disc golf.. the end.

I just saw the video and was left feeling like "...so... where' the discs?" there was no mention of the plastic quality or how the discs fly. it was just a guy sitting down trying to do his best steve jobs impersonation saying how mucg he loves disc golf.. the end.

Same thing I was thinking. You're launching this major new company/line of discs and not even one glimpse at them or what makes them great? Pretty poor way to sell a product line....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts