• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot confirm if its truth but i would garauntee that they are at some percentage invested in the company

I think everyone on this board demanding they know how much these guys make or who is backing the project should post how much they made this year. Guys its rude to ask things like that and makes some people uncomfortable to disclose information like that, its rude when people ask about innova and dc bonuses and its rude to ask these young players how much they're making. If they wanted everyone to know then I'm sure everyone would.

The 10,000$ figure also sounds completely made up. One person posted it as a rumor and all of a sudden 2 topics and 100 pages later its fact being thrown around.

There are a couple things for sure though. This will change the way innova, dc, DD, and maybe lat, gateway, Westside, legacy, vibram, and prodiscus take care of their sponsored players. These players will be touring year round from the sounds of it and are going to take their share of wins all around the country, they will win and its silly to think they won't. Innova and dc aren't just going to give up on competitive disc, they will recruit more players to fill the ranks of the ones missing and hopefully compensate them better.

Also I can't see these discs being poor quality. For this caliber of talent to be involved and be asked to commit to only to one brand that they are responseable for creating.. it will be top notch. Just look at the pride Steve Rico has in his product.. I wish innova and dc cared half as much as he does about how the discs are coming out.

As for ball golf, I am pretty sure you can find out how much Tiger and Phil's deals are for.

It's worth noting that when you see those year end "highest paid athletes" lists that folks like Fortune do where they combine salary and endorsements, the value of the deals is always described as being "estimated."

Well said Rake.

I'm more interested in how dedicated they are going to be towards producing a consistent product than something that doesn't concern me. Get your priorities in order guys.

profit sharing is usually required to be sold back to the company, I would assume if they left the company they would be pushed to sell their share. ??? I dunno though. just informed speculation. the 500 initial discs are most likely going to be for the team so they have discs to throw. team having discs seems like a priority over coming out publicly to the market with those first 500.

BAHAHAHAHAHHA. Thank you for this new word. I was going to rag on the people in this thread for taking things too personally, being angry at the hype, etc. etc. etc.

Lets get this straight. You're mad at the way they went about things? Hah. You're dumb.

You're mad you can't get the plastic yet? You're dumb.

You're mad the website isn't up yet? You're dumb.

Stop being so dumb.

Definitely the dumbest post in this thread!!

You're mad at the way they went about things? Not mad just confused, It would kind of like being McDonalds announcing it is coming out with the tastiest burger yet but then saying you have to wait until summer to get it.

You're mad you can't get the plastic yet? see above but still not mad probably not going to throw a D anyway.

You're mad the website isn't up yet? when I started my radio show that was the first thing running and I have no money whatsoever and yet I still had it up and running.

In the broad scheme of things all this is really is good discussion and be honest I may or may not try the plastic only time will tell. I can say that it has to be something over the top to remove what i have in my bag now or possibly if it fills a need.

I am dumb, I mean done!!!:wall::gross::p

I thought this was an individual sport. What is the relevance of a Prodigy 'Team'. Will they have other sponsored teams to compete against? They sound more like employees than a team. Unless they are going to caddy for each other. :p

There are a couple things for sure though. This will change the way innova, dc, DD, and maybe lat, gateway, Westside, legacy, vibram, and prodiscus take care of their sponsored players.
The smaller companies who need the promotion perhaps. Innova and Discraft doubtful.

These players will be touring year round from the sounds of it and are going to take their share of wins all around the country, they will win and its silly to think they won't.
And 98% of the people who buy discs won't even notice.

Innova and dc aren't just going to give up on competitive disc, they will recruit more players to fill the ranks of the ones missing and hopefully compensate them better.
Why should Innova and Discraft continue to spend money on something that isn't netting a return for them? Its a sponsorship after all, not charity.

Also I can't see these discs being poor quality. For this caliber of talent to be involved and be asked to commit to only to one brand that they are responseable for creating.. it will be top notch. Just look at the pride Steve Rico has in his product.. I wish innova and dc cared half as much as he does about how the discs are coming out.
I wish you guys would realize that if the smaller companies were putting out the volume that the big two were, you'd see the same inconsistency problems with their molds. Its the whole Mac vs. Windows argument all over again, only with golf discs.

profit sharing is usually required to be sold back to the company, I would assume if they left the company they would be pushed to sell their share. ??? I dunno though. just informed speculation. the 500 initial discs are most likely going to be for the team so they have discs to throw. team having discs seems like a priority over coming out publicly to the market with those first 500.

That is a definite because, and i know this is dumb, even if the pros have been throwing them they have not thrown them in pressure situations. It will be interesting to see where everyone is at after a year. Will schusterick win a third USDGC or will innova ban prodigy all together? Will discraft allow former pros to throw prodigy at the memorial or will they have to throw something else.? Will DD allow them at the GBO?? These are thing we want to know I tell you!!!:wall:

I think everyone on this board demanding they know how much these guys make or who is backing the project should post how much they made this year. Guys its rude to ask things like that and makes some people uncomfortable to disclose information like that, its rude when people ask about innova and dc bonuses and its rude to ask these young players how much they're making. If they wanted everyone to know then I'm sure everyone would.

The 10,000$ figure also sounds completely made up. One person posted it as a rumor and all of a sudden 2 topics and 100 pages later its fact being thrown around.

There are a couple things for sure though. This will change the way innova, dc, DD, and maybe lat, gateway, Westside, legacy, vibram, and prodiscus take care of their sponsored players. These players will be touring year round from the sounds of it and are going to take their share of wins all around the country, they will win and its silly to think they won't. Innova and dc aren't just going to give up on competitive disc, they will recruit more players to fill the ranks of the ones missing and hopefully compensate them better.

dave is out at la mirada throwing disc after disc on every hole all the time. he does his research just about everyday with at least one or two more guys just throwing all the innova plastic and protos. he cares about his disc quality more than I would think someone owning that huge of a company would. I don't throw innova discs anymore but I gotta give him huge amounts of respect. and dude can blast those discs(non blizz)out there,

It would be unwise of these pros to share the details of their Prodigy Disc contracts with anyone, even each other. Sharing your salary and wages with your coworkers only leads to envy and strife, because not everybody is going to get the same offer or negotiate the same deal. Best to keep your private life private, be happy with the deal you agreed to, and not worry about what the guy next to you is making.

Also, I believe team salary caps are a compelling reason for the publication of player salaries in a lot of pro sports. If you don't know how much the San Francisco 49ers are paying Alex Smith, you don't know whether they're meeting the salary cap requirements. In individual pro sports, like golf or tennis, where the competitors make their income from tournament prizes rather than from salaries paid by a team, a competitor's prize winnings are easy to calculate. In disc golf, this is already published on Innova's website for the players they sponsor, but any more than that is not anybody else's business.

In short, take an interest in the prize money won at disc golf events if you like, but treat a player's deal with his sponsor like you treat other athletes' endorsement deals: it's nosy to ask, and you're only going to find out if they want everybody to know.

Will schusterick win a third USDGC or will innova ban prodigy all together? Will discraft allow former pros to throw prodigy at the memorial or will they have to throw something else.? Will DD allow them at the GBO?? These are thing we want to know I tell you!!!:wall:
God, I hope you're being facetious. :|

That is a definite because, and i know this is dumb, even if the pros have been throwing them they have not thrown them in pressure situations. It will be interesting to see where everyone is at after a year. Will schusterick win a third USDGC or will innova ban prodigy all together? Will discraft allow former pros to throw prodigy at the memorial or will they have to throw something else.? Will DD allow them at the GBO?? These are thing we want to know I tell you!!!:wall:
:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts