• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the obvious lesson to be learned here is that if you are starting a disc company, you should always come to DGCR to get business advice on everything you do. If you don't, you risk being branded "amateurish". DGCR is home to the most informed and intelligent people on earth.

Fact.

:doh:

I did see the LOTR movies, and agree that they did a very good job of matching the content of the original books, though a lot of Gollum's inner dialogue was added for the movies, I think. What I've heard from the people who sit near me at the office is that the new Hobbit movie adds a lot of stuff from Tolkien's other books about Middle-Earth to flesh out the plot enough to produce 3 movies.

I don't want to derail the thread. I'm more than happy to write pages in a Watercooler thread. But I was say I do have a Master's in Literature, and I have been a Tolkien geek for almost 20 years. So, quickly, I will say the film is an excellent adaptation of what Tolkien made the Hobbit into AFTER the Hobbit. He wrote the Hobbit as it's own little bedtime adventure story, then later fleshed out the world of Middle Earth in thousands of pages of appendices and short stories in order to retroactively fold the Hobbit into the narrative of the LOTR. For instance, characters like Radaghast the Brown wizard and the Necromancer were originally no more than names he tossed into the Hobbit to give the world mystery and depth. Once he began creating the LOTR, he decided to back-track and invent the Necromancer as Sauron regaining power in the East. The film is about half original Hobbit, and half retroactive Hobbit. None of the major depictions is actually "fan fiction," or creation for the sake of story movement. They just would not be known to the uninitiated; or even the casual Hobbit reader.

/endnerdrant

Nice find! My only concern for them would be a manufacturing issue that delays production. There is a deadline they must be released by if they expect their team members to be throwing these come tournament season.

Will posted the other day on fb or twitter that they will be throwing mixed bags until their lineup is out, so i dont know if them throwing these come tourney season is as big a worry.

Although, im sure theyll want them out pre memorial or around then

Will posted the other day on fb or twitter that they will be throwing mixed bags until their lineup is out, so i dont know if them throwing these come tourney season is as big a worry.

Although, im sure theyll want them out pre memorial or around then

That was my thought as well. It sounds like they are on track for that to happen.

My early prediction: Schusterick wins the Memorial throwing Destroyers.

right all that is just like the ace race discs....they arent approved prior to issuance, however they also werent legal for pdga play. so this is basically the complete opposite scenario

dd-team-banner.jpg

I didn't realize it until I saw this pic what a big hit Prodigy will be for DD. Other than EMAC who else will be on the DD team?

My early prediction: Schusterick wins the Memorial throwing Destroyers.

That would be pretty damn funny. Can't use the Prodigy discs, so wins with all Innova discs.

Though I hope McBeth wins, just due to his involvement on this forum as of late. Really cool of him. (Or MJ, but i doubt he's traveling out there)

That would be pretty damn funny. Can't use the Prodigy discs, so wins with all Innova discs.

Though I hope McBeth wins, just due to his involvement on this forum as of late. Really cool of him. (Or MJ, but i doubt he's traveling out there)

why wouldn't he be able to use them?

I'm done speculating.

From Facebook:
64070_442266619172889_244514038_n_zps9ff99358.jpg

From Website:
under-construction_zps20445d66.jpg

Something is missing...

11 on the top 10 on the bottom interesting...
The "passion for flight" reference could be hinting at the Flyboy not discs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.