• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
... He meant the movie was too hyped to live up to expectations lol

:doh:

However with 3 movies coming for The Hobbit there's no way it could be the same as the book. Haven't seen it yet but that book wasn't that long, they've gotta be adding stuff. More than likely content that's pulling from LOTR where the book didn't since LOTR wasn't written yet :p

I did see the LOTR movies, and agree that they did a very good job of matching the content of the original books, though a lot of Gollum's inner dialogue was added for the movies, I think. What I've heard from the people who sit near me at the office is that the new Hobbit movie adds a lot of stuff from Tolkien's other books about Middle-Earth to flesh out the plot enough to produce 3 movies.

i don't think that the plus rim itself is what people hate, but the fact that innova has sprinkled them into the wild not labeled as such. people give them a hard time about consistency between runs as far as flight characteristics are concerned, and then on top of that you have to worry about what type of rim you're gonna get. from a consistency standpoint people get frustrated and move on to a mold that they don't have to hunt down "the good ones" all the time.

I quit throwing Rocs after 8 years due to the plus and kind of plus rims. All discs have a slight angle but too much is too much, at least for me.

No one seems to have mentioned the "Easy Release Technology" that's mentioned on their Facebook page. I wonder how that will work? Is it similar to Innova's plus molds or something like that?

https://www.facebook.com/ProdigyDisc/app_493470300698099

"Not only have we created the most consistent and accurate long distance drivers in the game, we have developed and trademarked our "Easy Release Technology" that will cut back on blisters and grip lock."

if you dont monkey paw the discs and try to strangle it, you wont get blisters or much late release anyway

i don't think that the plus rim itself is what people hate, but the fact that innova has sprinkled them into the wild not labeled as such. people give them a hard time about consistency between runs as far as flight characteristics are concerned, and then on top of that you have to worry about what type of rim you're gonna get. from a consistency standpoint people get frustrated and move on to a mold that they don't have to hunt down "the good ones" all the time.
This

if you dont monkey paw the discs and try to strangle it, you wont get blisters or much late release anyway
Lol

What's the difference between pink and purple?

The grip...wokka wokka!!

Sorry, I live in the gutter. Had to...

As a retailer, it's my opinion that there are too many new companies and new discs coming out right now. I'd like to see more focus on quality and consistency, maybe actually discontinuing older less popular discs as the new ones come out. I can't keep up with all the new stuff, can't afford to get and stock all of it, and have barely anywhere left to display it.

I completely agree with this. I am a new vendor and I am having trouble trying to keep pace with all the new plastic coming out.

LOL True...The funniest thing I see about this thread, is that people, not all but some, are already prejudging these discs prior to even touching one, thinking that this is going to innovate their own game.

Pic of the rim from the original thread which got it from DGR.

DGP_Proto_zps24759d50.jpg

I think the obvious lesson to be learned here is that if you are starting a disc company, you should always come to DGCR to get business advice on everything you do. If you don't, you risk being branded "amateurish". DGCR is home to the most informed and intelligent people on earth.

LOL True...The funniest thing I see about this thread, is that people, not all but some, are already prejudging these discs prior to even touching one, thinking that this is going to innovate their own game.

This is common on any thread where the discs have not been seen or thrown.

No one seems to have mentioned the "Easy Release Technology" that's mentioned on their Facebook page. I wonder how that will work? Is it similar to Innova's plus molds or something like that?

https://www.facebook.com/ProdigyDisc/app_493470300698099

"Not only have we created the most consistent and accurate long distance drivers in the game, we have developed and trademarked our "Easy Release Technology" that will cut back on blisters and grip lock."

On second thought, maybe they are increasing the radius on the bottom of the wing, and leaving the draft angle of the inner rim alone. Just adding to the speculation.

This is common on any thread where the discs have not been seen or thrown.

Last edited:
On second thought, maybe they are increasing the radius on the bottom of the wing, and leaving the draft angle of the inner rim alone. Just adding to the speculation.

I always thought that Innova did that last century. I remember throwing Cyclones and getting such a nice release with them. Then Innova released the Gazelle and I could never get it to release properly. I was convinced that the diameter at the flight plate was much smaller than the diameter at the bottom. That's why I went all Discraft. People said I was crazy.

Uhhh, no, it doesnt...

(14) be of a production-type disc available commercially to the public in numbers of at least 500;

does not say at time of approval

In addition, there have been many discs which did not pass specification standards at first review...Gateway Ninja is one example if i remember correctly

I understand that if the fee is not received by PDGA HQ, that the approval is not finalized. As representative of themanufacturer named above, I attest that at least 500 discs will be made available commercially upon PDGA approval.

Now that I reread that sentence I interpretted it the way you did. All that sentence means that you are going to release the disc commercially. When I read it the first time I was interpreting it as saying at least 500 will be sent to retailers after the disc gets approved.

However until those 500+ discs get sent out, the prodigy discs cannot be used in a pdga tournament.

That would be me getting a disc approved and saying that I will be sending 500+ disc to retailers but never do and keep putting it off.

MVP Volt: Approved 7/2/12
MVP Volt: Released 10/25/12

I think this proves just fine that Prodigy is on the up-and-up. Just because we don't have 500 in our stores now doesn't mean they can't be approved.

I think this proves just fine that Prodigy is on the up-and-up. Just because we don't have 500 in our stores now doesn't mean they can't be approved.

Yeah but if someone had a volt before 10/25/12 that person could not use it in a pdga because at least 500+ were not made available commercially.

I know Prodigy will send the discs to retailers eventually.

Nice find! My only concern for them would be a manufacturing issue that delays production. There is a deadline they must be released by if they expect their team members to be throwing these come tournament season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts