• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

JHern said:
Jeronimo said:
Sweet, I'd give that Respecti a shot. Throw the Legenda in the bin though, that plastic sucks for that mold.

btw... Sounds like Kai might have taken my advice on the next fairway driver! I'll sum it up like this, I asked him to go "old school" and "make us a better Gazelle". He was pretty receptive so here's to hoping!

It has already been made, it was called the Cyclone.

I'll probably try to go with a bag filled with finnish molds (Prodiscus/West Side) next summer. There are still some gaps with those two manufacturers.

JHern said:
Jeronimo said:
Sweet, I'd give that Respecti a shot. Throw the Legenda in the bin though, that plastic sucks for that mold.

btw... Sounds like Kai might have taken my advice on the next fairway driver! I'll sum it up like this, I asked him to go "old school" and "make us a better Gazelle". He was pretty receptive so here's to hoping!

It has already been made, it was called the Cyclone.

Cause no one's every built a better mouse trap the 2nd time around, right?

I think I spoke prematurely anyway, speed 7-8 (stated on facebook) sounds more like the Fairway driver Kai wanted to make in the first place.

Got a chance to toss a LASERi today. Nice disc! At 280' it flew nice and straight with a short, predictable dump, and a buddy's 350' throw had a tick of high-speed turn but still with the predictable finish. It has a beefy nose that looks like it will be a good wind fighter. Notched/concave wing, and not domey. "Faster gazelle" seems pretty apt...

350' with some turn in calm weather without OAT does not equal headwind beater. Was there a headwind for your buddy and/or did he OAT? When new doesn't one speed faster Gazelle spell Teebird?

It was calm and afaik his throw was close to flat, but he had been torquing things over slightly all morning, so there might have been a little OAT on that throw. The turn was really subtle.

Yeah "faster gazelle" would sort of describe a teebird, but unlike the teebird's gliding fade, the laseri's was later and steeper, more like an eagle.

Another friend who only throws FH liked it too, which maybe says something about the stability?

I only saw these three throws so it's hard to say a lot more, except that I'll definitely be picking up a few. :D

Here are the specs for the Laseri -- it's the same speed as a PD or OLF, so I guess technically it's more of a "control" driver than a fairway driver.

Prodiscus Laseri
Diameter: 21.1, Rim thickness 1.9, Height: 1.6, Rim depth: 1.1, Inside rim diam: 17.2

Discmania PD
Diameter: 21.1, Rim thickness 1.9, Height: 1.7, Rim depth: 1.2, Inside rim diam: 17.3

Millennium Orion LF
Diameter: 21.1, Rim thickness 1.9, Height: 1.5, Rim depth: 1.2, Inside rim diam: 17.4

http://www.pdga.com/documents/pdga-approved-discs-pdf

Discnation has made a nice promotional video for the Prodiscus discs.

There's also a new plastic called "Ultrium" coming soon. Kaitsu said it's somewhat comparable to Star (at least the look).

Star plastic seems to provide the best grip for me. I am not a fan of the Prodigy type plastic. Tried out an M3 yesterday in high heat and humidity... it got soft and slippery. Not a fan. I would take regular champ plastic over Opto / Prodigy plastic any day.

I just watched the DN vid and noticed the Slaidi had -2, 2 flight numbers. The Devan Owens sig Slaidi I tested (best high end plastic in the market, IMO) was more 0 turn 3 fade, like a beefier boatman, as on the Prodiscus website. What am I missing :?:

Also, does the basic plastic still beat up and clover very quickly?

My Slaidi is premium and more like 3.5 or 4 LSS so i don't think you are missing anything and the official manufacturer numbers are too straight in the end and too flippy in the beginning.

JR said:
My Slaidi is premium and more like 3.5 or 4 LSS so i don't think you are missing anything and the official manufacturer numbers are too straight in the end and too flippy in the beginning.

yeah, probably more fade than 3 now that I think that my eagles and orcs are rated 3 LSS.

Just bought a premium Jokeri in opaque pink plastic. Very nice looking but different from the highly transparent discs I'm used to and maybe a little slicker. Certainly gonna be much easier to find, and the mold is exact. Just an FYI.

I'm actually using a Premium Jokeri to putt with. Got it for use as a 'wind putter', but quickly realized it's great inside the circle. Opto-like plastic but pretty flexible. As a putter the Jokeri slams into the chains and sticks! The thing I've noticed most compared to other putters is that when it hits the chains it drops down fast into the basket, very little doubt. I've also made some putts with it I had no business sinking, where it would grab one chain on the outside and still drop in. Could be the leading edge design, could be the plastic. Surprisingly good putter though! And it will last forever.

A friend of mine recently found a Legenda. Really sharp wing. He throws it forehand. Seems to be between a Nuke and a Force. After seeing him throw it, I did not bother. Would like to try a Slaidi.