• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Hei Kai, any chances of getting a more stable workhorse mid or a more traditional neutral and glidey putter next season? I think Innova has been cashing in with the Roc for far too long now, you need to snatch a piece of that pie. =)

jubuttib said:
Hei Kai, any chances of getting a more stable workhorse mid or a more traditional neutral and glidey putter next season? I think Innova has been cashing in with the Roc for far too long now, you need to snatch a piece of that pie. =)

Many Roc players already changed to Midari, so whats the point?
I think I only need to get the basic in full weight to compete in dx/basic series too

next putter mold is not the next thing to do, but fairway driver will be coming soon

I hope that you keep on using the soft tacky premium plastic, used in for example Premium Legenda, in that fairway driver because that plastic rules for grip and durability being only challenged by Vibram rubber based concoction.

JR said:
I hope that you keep on using the soft tacky premium plastic, used in for example Premium Legenda, in that fairway driver because that plastic rules for grip and durability being only challenged by Vibram rubber based concoction.

that is the hardest plastic to make discs from
factory wants to loose that but I will keep it :)

Man I hope so. That's about the best plastic on the market. Not so fond of the baseline plastic for anything but the jokeri. But that premium plastic is fantastic. Now if I could just find someone that carries all your discs now that altitude is going out of business.

Prodiscus Premium is in my opinion the best premium plastic on the market. Superb grip, durability and molding consistency.

Your Premium is definitely the best out there.
eky8 said:
Man I hope so. That's about the best plastic on the market. Not so fond of the baseline plastic for anything but the jokeri. But that premium plastic is fantastic. Now if I could just find someone that carries all your discs now that altitude is going out of business.
I actually really like it in the other discs as well. It's soft and a bit mushy, but at least the JOKERi and RESPECTi hold up really well in it, losing fade before developing a turn, and the Basic MIDARi is a fantastic understable driver after it's beaten in, which doesn't happen too soon IMHO. I need to see how the new run of Basic LEGENDas beat in though.

Good news from the factory.

They will start to do bags like 50 per month so those will be coming out all the time from now. That also means that preordering is open again and...

orders by email to:
order (at) prodiscus (dot) fi

Black, Turquoise, Orange, Red and Smoke Blue are ready.
those who have ordered and paid will get their bags soon.
Be sure you have send the address info or send it again by email. (last change to pay if preordered or I'll sell these away)

eky8 said:

MarshallStreet is just takin all models and bags for sale.
and so will Jorney Post..

Got a Premium Midari and Slaidi. Mixed bag results in the winds. I got them to test out the grip for the wet and cold season and so far so good no trouble there. The Midari flew fine most of the time but turned a little surprisingly a few times. Not by a lot. I got it to where i normally get Rocs in calm weather throwing Midari in rear wind. Headwinds were not perfect but not average either so maybe not a wind beater but definitely among the better straightish headwind mids. All in all thrown fairly low it is a nicely straight disc.

Slaidi i have is more overstable than normal Wraiths. I have some mutant overstable Wraiths that seem to be on par with the Slaidi. Because the wind produced surprising results in headwinds i compared my Legenda too. Normally even in a headwind i lack the power to keep these level long enough for best distance in class. With a flat shot. Wrestling the wrist down the Legenda and Slaidi flipped hard and on lower lines never coming back. For comparison i saw an instantaneous 70 degree flip in mid flight from a flat flight TP Boatman. Weather forecast was 22 MPH which means swirling gusts with constantly varying directions and usually 50 % more speed in gusts around here. The Slaidi does take winds well normally but it hooks hard and likes more power than i have.

vesakai said:
...but fairway driver will be coming soon

Hi Kai, can you give us any information about this new fairway driver? Speed, stability, estimated time of arrival etc., please :)

Will Prodiscus make lighter discs at some point? I would love to try a Jokeri or Midari, but haven't seen any in my preferred weight range of 165 grams or so. By only offering heavier discs, you may be missing out on the ever-growing creaky old guy demographic.

Monocacy said:
Will Prodiscus make lighter discs at some point? I would love to try a Jokeri or Midari, but haven't seen any in my preferred weight range of 165 grams or so. By only offering heavier discs, you may be missing out on the ever-growing creaky old guy demographic.

I have other than Jokeri in lighter weight but only in basic plastic

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am looking for an overstable putt/approach disc, and a premium Jokeri sounded ideal if available at my weight. Oh well, looks like I'll give the ESP Zone a try.

new disc coming!
just made the final changes to the drawing so should be ready before the season starts

Also for those who haven't notice that Devan Owens joined to Team Prodiscus!

Monocacy that is a different kind of disc but on the other hand there i no other disc like the Jokeri. It is like a Rhyno that is a couple of notches faster and 40'+ longer. Jokeri flies straight then fades Zone fades right from the hand and much harder and tilts quicker thus drops faster. D Zone broken in in lighter weight might work.

JR – I appreciate your advice. I am looking for a complement to the Anode for hard hooks, downhill distance control, FH skips, etc. I have used Wizards and Ions, but I can make the Anode do most of the things they can do.

Jokeri sounded ideal except for weight. Do you think a Rhyno would fill this role better than a Zone? Any other options?

I can do pretty much the same stuff with beaten basic Jokeri that I can with Anode. It's pretty much just straight now. Premiums I use for long sweeping hyzers and low skips around corners and such. Premium Jokeri does have good fade but thrown fast enough it will go surprisingly straight most of the flight.
Pig and Zone should be plenty more overstable. Like JR said the Rhyno is quite similar to Jokeri, I never got my champion Rhyno go as far as any of my Jokeris tho.