• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Here's a couple of meaningless macro pictures. You'd need something sharp to get through the fabric (I don't think sharp sticks count) and the stitching looks good as well.

P7200222.jpg

P7200224.jpg

yes the quality definitely seems there for sure. feels durable and well made. double stitching at the stress points too. ive already put mine thru a monsoon and the rainfly worked great! only thing that got wet was the ubcovered straps. the vinyl? bottom makes waterproof on the bottom so it doesnt get all soaked up :)

Just to get my opinion out there, I caddied 3 rounds at worlds for FrankD with this bag loaded down and it exceeded my expectations. It rode well and was cool on the back during long hot rounds. props to prodiscus for making a bag that was easy to carry even when loaded up and that fits a fat kid

I've used mine for 4 rounds now, and I'm loving it! Seems very sturdy, and the optional velcro dividers allow me to carry it partially loaded without my discs leaning or moving around while walking between throws. I carried it almost fully loaded w/ 25 discs for the first few rounds just to try it out, and it still rode very comfortably (I typically carry no more than 18). For the last round I only carried 14 in the main compartment (+3 putters on top) and used the dividers to keep my discs pushed against the sides, which made for a nice middle compartment where I stuck my hand towel and birdie bag. I'm really looking forward to using it at a tourney coming up....lots of room for snacks, extra towels, back-up discs, etc!

Has anybody tried putting a camelbak or other hydration bladder in theirs yet? I'm curious how it would ride...

The only thing that remotely resembles a down-side is something that I have a problem with on most backpacks (not just DG bags): I'm pretty short, so I have to cinch the shoulder straps all the way up in order for the weight to ride comfortably. This, along with the extra-wide straps, makes getting the bag on and off a little difficult, but I'm getting more and more used to it with each round. Certainly not a complaint, just something worth pointing out to all the other shorties out there :)

Great job on the bag, Kai! 3 of the 4 round I've used it for were at local minis, and it drew a small crowd each time! I've had a lot of people inquire about buying one in the future.

I'm glad that there are wide straps because when you go to a tourny and carry all the stuff you need it can weigh a lot and doing that for hours can have an adverse effect on the shoulder muscles. It is good that Kai listened to the customers. He might have put in wide straps anyway but you can blame me for that feature. After caddying for Feldy while filming blood flow was at times cut in the shoulders.

I have been putting with the Premuim Jokeri for a few months now and want to pick up a few additional ones for practice. Any suggestions on where to order from?

I got my first at Altitude Disc Golf but they only have first runs available in weights lower than i want. I have also found some at Scorpio Disc Golf but they only have Clear First runs.

Is there any other US sites that have Premiums available? I went down the list of all the sites I know and kept coming up empty for the Jokeri

Thanks for any suggestions

RagingTide said:
I have been putting with the Premuim Jokeri for a few months now and want to pick up a few additional ones for practice. Any suggestions on where to order from?

I got my first at Altitude Disc Golf but they only have first runs available in weights lower than i want. I have also found some at Scorpio Disc Golf but they only have Clear First runs.

Is there any other US sites that have Premiums available? I went down the list of all the sites I know and kept coming up empty for the Jokeri

Thanks for any suggestions

Kaitsu mentioned on facebook that MarshallStreet and Sun King will get more discs soon. Other than that you'd have to order from Finland.

Friend delivered my bag from Nokia yesterday. Kinda like the forest green, not too dark at all.

2012-07-30182842-2.jpg

Also got a basic Legenda with it. It's quite different from the basic I already had, this one you can actually throw without turning and burning immediately. It also has the new X-stamp.

basiclegenda.jpg

It is surprising to me that the early basic Legendas turn and burn because the premium is beefier than Blizzzard 138 and 150 Bosses for me. Which in turn aren't less beefy than regular Bosses. Just come out of the hand faster.

The first Basic LEGENDas are still borderline the most flippy discs I've ever thrown. It was easier to keep a worn DX Sidewinder from burning on a 400' shot. The Premiums though are excellent and from what Varsi and turso have told me the new Basics are pretty good too.

I saw the bag live but didn't go over the details. The design looks even better in real life as it does in pictures. I was impressed by two 1.5 liter bottles in the pockets. Looks great for hauling gear as well as a lot of discs.

By the way Kai was very close to snatching Finnish championship in his division this year only losing the lead he had very late n the game.

The bottom plate of the bag was pushing uncomfortably against back so I had to cut it a bit.

prodiscus_pohjalevy.png

Also the straps that can be used to fasten the bag around chest fall off way too easily. I'll have to do something to stop them from sliding off.

Yeah, the chest straps fall off by themselves, at least the male connector strap does, the female has stuck on for now. Had to spend an hour to look for the male strap as it had fallen off by itself while playing, and I did the same bottom plate mod as Varsi as well. The bottom plate was really protruding through the bag in its original shape and size.

Otherwise I've been super happy with the bag, and those should be very minor things to fix for the next run of bags. Very easy mods to do as well for anyone who needs them.

I had the same issue with my bag with the straps falling off, lost a connector and had to go to a hardware store to find a replacement. I'm disappointed in the comfort of the bags bottom plate, becomes uncomfortable when a lot of discs are in the bag and pushing against your back.

Yeah, cutting it is simple and fast. I'm also gonna sew the chest straps so that they can't undo themselves anymore.